Tidewater Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 15, 2017
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (500.00 meters) Bike (10.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.vtsmts.com/tidewatersprint/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The Tidewater Triathlon is brought to you in partnership with the City of Hampton and Buckroe Beach. There is plenty to see and do in the area so come in Friday night and see the local attractions before the race on Saturday.
Swim Course: Staged out of Buckroe Beach the swim is in the Cheasapeake Bay and features a triangular shaped swim course. It is a 1 loop course with a short beach run to get to the transition area. The course maps show a clockwise loop, but the direction of the swim will be determined race morning depending on the current. The water temp in 2012 was 79 degrees.
Bike Course: Completely revamped in 2013 the bike course includes portions of the course along Mallory and Mercury Streets. The turnaround is just outside Fort Monroe which is unavailable for events due to the BRAC process. This course is very flat and very fast.
Run Course: Fast and flat out and back sums up this course. The first half is along the boardwalk and the second half is along First street. There will be ice water available 3 times during the run.
Members who are scheduled to race: elcidtuba