Lake Zurich Area Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 09, 2017
Lake Zurich, Illinois
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (40.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Lake Zurich Area Triathlon
- Website: http://www.lakezurichtri.com/
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Description: Swim: The swim will be a 1.5k single loop and counter-clockwise swim in Lake Zurich. The swim will begin and end at the beach of Paulus Park. Following the swim, participants will have a decent run from the water to the transition area at the park.
Bike: The 40k bike is a rolling course that will travel through Lake Zurich and surrounding communities. The course primarily will travel North on newly paved Rt. 12, East on Ivanhoe road which runs between the Lakewood Forest Preserve and South on Fairfield road taking participants back into Lake Zurich before beginning a second loop of the course. At the end of the second leg of the bike, participants will travel South on Lions Dr. into downtown Lake Zurich where they will go around the lake and eventually head back towards Paulus Park.
Run: The scenic 10k run will be a two loop course around the lake. At the midway point of the run, participants will pass through the park and the heart of all race activity, before starting out on their second loop. Plenty of water and Gatorade along the run. Great course for spectators.
Members who are scheduled to race: