Lake Murray Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 13, 2017
3677 State Park Road,
Prosperity, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (16.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2742
- Contact email:
- Description: The swim is one counter-clockwise 750 meter loop. Wetsuits are normally legal but the water temperature borders the legal limit each year. Depending on the wind swimmers may encounter light to moderate chop with a small current.
The bike course is long for a sprint distance event - one 16 mile loop. Road surfaces are good with a few rough areas scattered through the course. This is to be expected as the course winds along completely rural roads. Only 5 turns on this course and they are marked with pavement arrows and directional signs. Police and volunteers man the proper intersections.
The 5k run course is very unique in that runners get several opportunities to see where they in in relation to the competition. A one loop course with several out and back spurs gives athletes a chance to see where they are on the course. Relatively flat and shaded, this run course can be very fast.
Members who are scheduled to race: firstname.lastname@example.org