CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: April 29, 2017
Clemson, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (11.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2743
- Contact email:
- Description: The Swim is a one loop 750 meter course which is always wetsuit legal with water temperatures in the low to mid 70's. A clockwise rectangular shape swim course with start waves of less than 100 athletes per wave. Depending on the wind there can be some chop with little to no current.
The bike is a one loop 11 mile course in quiet rural roads. There is one short but steep grade at mile 2 1/2. From there the course rolls until a long downhill at mile 9. Road surfaces are good and traffic is light. Turns are marked with orange pavement arrows and orange directional signs. Police and volunteers will man each intersection.
The run is an out and back 5K course. There is a gradual downhill for the 1st mile before a short but very steep grade at mile 1.3. From there it is to the turn around on the very flat East Beach Dike. A gradual one mile ascent takes runners back to the finish line at the YMCA.
Members who are scheduled to race: AugustaTiger, Jeepguy2358, katybug34