Rev3 Williamsburg - Half Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 09, 2017
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Rev3
- Website: http://rev3tri.com/williamsburg/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The Judith Stewart Dresser Memorial Bridge provides amazing spectator views of the swim course which takes place in the clean, brackish waters of the Chickahominy River The park pier serves as the start location but the course is designed to be reversible in the event there are difficult currents or tide conditions. Mean water temperature for this date is 79-degrees.
After leaving Chickahominy Riverfront Park, athletes take a right onto Rte 5 and over the Judith Steward Dresser Memorial Bridge for a rolling ride through the rural roads of Williamsburg. The terrain is enough to give athletes time out of the saddle and to keep the ride interesting but won't overly tax your legs for the run.
The entire run is on the newly completed Virginia Capital Trail, a 52-mile dedicated multi-use, paved trail connecting Richmond and Williamsburg along the historic and beautiful Route 5 corridor. After the first mile, the tall trees on either side of the trail provide ample shade for the flat run course. The bridge at the very beginning and end will provide a challenging start and finish to the run leg.
Members who are scheduled to race: emchrist, hassellmk, phifatech, pmparadis