Bath County Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 24, 2017
Lake Moomaw Boat Marina,
Warm Springs, Virginia
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (20.00 kms) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/WarmSprings/MoomawMadness
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Description: Bath County is one of the hidden gems of the Virginia Triathlon Series. Nestled in the western hills of the state, the Bath County Triathlon is hosted by the Bath County Chamber of Commerce. Bath County in itself is a true delight as it is home to natural hot springs (the perfect post race treat for a triathlete's sore body), plenty of local Bed & Breakfasts and the world famous Homestead Resort. With all this and more, the Bath County Triathlon is a perfect chance to get away from the world, race and relax.
The swim is unique in that it has always been wetsuit legal (odd for a late June affair). Water temperatures range from the low to mid 70's and the water is as clean as you will find. Lake Moomaw is fed by two pristine rivers creating a perfect swim setting. Current is light and there is no chop to deal with.
The bike course is managed by the National Forest Service and it is closed to vehicular traffic. A rolling out and back course, athletes will find a few small hills early and late in the course but in the middle miles it is mostly flat. Road surfaces are good to excellent and there are no turns other than the turn around point.
The run course is also closed to vehicular traffic and is a bit more hilly than the bike. Again, the worst of the hills come in the first and last half miles, but the view from atop the small hills looking out onto Lake Moomaw and the mountain ranges that bank its shores make the pain well worth it.
All in all the folks at the Bath County Chamber of Commerce go above and beyond to give their athletes the best racing and post race experience found. With a fully catered post race meal and blue grass music carrying through the valley this is an event and a vacation you owe to yourself. Come discover Moomaw Madness and the Bath County Triathlon!
Members who are scheduled to race: