Barkin' Dog Duathlon - Standard Course
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 09, 2015
Cherry Creek State Park,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Duathlon (Standard)
- Distances: Run (5.00 kms) Bike (34.00 kms) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Racing Underground
- Website: http://www.racingunderground.com
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: This is the 17th year for the Barkin Dog Duathlon, Colorado’s largest duathlon, and consistently one of the largest duathlons in the Western United States. The race spent it’s first seven years in the small town of Keenesburg, just north and east of Denver, but we outgrew that location and made the move to Cherry Creek State Park in 2006. This race serves as the unofficial summer season opener for Colorado multisport athletes, attracting some of the top pro’s in the country as well as a whole slew of first-time multisport athletes trying something different. If you can finish a 10k, you can complete a duathlon! We hope you’ll join us on May 9th for a quality race, a fun post-race picnic, terrific gear drawing, and loads of goodies… come check out the Racing Underground difference!
The run courses follow a mix of road, paved bike path, and well maintained dirt trails. The 5k run is a loop course, with a short out and back segment to bring the course up to an exact 5k distance. There are two aid stations on the 5k loop located at 0.6 miles and 2.1 miles on Run-1, and at 1 mile and 2.5 miles on Run-2. Short course athletes will complete a 1.2 mile out & back run on the Run-1, with a turn-around at the 0.6 mile aid station. Run-2 will be the same for long and short course athletes. The bike courses follow park roads, covering a loop of approximately 10.8 miles. Long course athletes will do two loops while short course athletes will return to transition after their first loop. All turn arounds will take riders through a paved loop – so there will be no abrupt turnarounds on a narrow road.
Members who are scheduled to race: