Columbia Downtown Triathlon- 2017 CANCELLED
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: March 03, 2016
1300 Wheat St.,
Columbia, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (500.00 meters) Bike (10.00 miles) Run (3.00 miles)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2608
- Contact email:
- Description: This fifth year pool swim sprint triathlon is held in downtown Columbia, SC at the Blatt PE Center on the campus of the University of South Carolina. This 500 meter swim event will be staged inside the USC Swimming Pool and will feature a 3 loop criterium style bike course which goes through the heart of downtown Columbia, and has been revised with the safety of our athletes in mind. Columbia city police will be on hand as more than 30 officers and 50 volunteers to keep the course safe and mostly closed to traffic. The 3 mile run will feature a tour of downtown Columbia as athletes cross over the busy streets of Columbia via overpass footbridges before the turn around near the Vista. The finish will be held on street adjacent to the intramural fields just a few hundred yards from the swimming pool and the transition area.
Members who are scheduled to race: Andrew H.