Greenwood Triathlon- 2017 CANCELLED
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 11, 2016
302 State Park Rd.,
Ninety Six, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (40.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2746
- Contact email:
- Description: In an effort to bring Uptown Greenwood into the spotlight of this already awesome event, Set Up Events and Greenwood City Officials have made the decision to transform the Greenwood Triathlon into a double transition, point to point event. Uptown Greenwood is one of South Carolina's best kept secrets - and now our triathletes will get a chance to not only see Uptown Greenwood, but to race in the heart of the Emerald City's Main business district.
The swim begins in water that is normally on the border-line between wetsuit legal and not. The course is a counter clockwise rectangular loop beginning at the run finish location and ending a few hundred yards away at the transition area. Nothing beats the feeling of walking down the concrete stairs and into the water just before the start of the event.
The bike course now will head out of the park and start athletes on their journey toward the heart of Greenwood. The first 15 or so miles will roll along rural country roads while cutting through Ninety Six, SC. After the rural section of the course, athletes will begin to enter Greenwood City Limits just before encountering the transition area and Uptown Greenwood. Transition 2 will be staged adjacent to the Uptown Greenwood Fountain right next to Main Street.
The run is still an out and back 10k affair - but this time the out and back is run mostly on a closed and paved running path called The Heritage Trail - part of the National Rails to Trails program. 100% of this run is closed to traffic. Aid stations are placed every mile and approximately 80% of the course is shaded. The entire run is on pavement and athletes finish adjacent to the transition area situated right beside Main Street Greenwood.
Members who are scheduled to race: