Rock 'N RollMan Half
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 30, 2017
6890 Mosley Dixon Rd,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles) Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Georgia MultiSports Productions
- Website: http://gamultisports.com/rocknrollmanraceseries/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: The swim course is a one loop affair with athletes starting on the beach and swimming in a clockwise direction. Water temperature is always on the borderline for wetsuit use with average water temperature over the past years being 78 degrees. Current and chop are light to non-existent.
The 56 mile bike is one giant loop through Bibb County, GA. Traffic is very light. The course is best described as rolling with no sever grades but many long, gradual ascents. While this is not the most difficult course around, it certainly is not the easiest. Water bottle hand offs are found at or near miles 15, 30 and 45. All turns are marked with pavement arrows and directional signs and volunteers/ police man each intersection.
The 13.1 mile run course is a one loop course with 3 out and back sections. A rolling course with no serious climbs, it is the heat that makes this course difficult. Proper training and conditioning are keys to success on this run course. Aid stations are spaced out every mile and are fully stocked with salty snacks, Gatorade Endurance Formula, Hammer Gel and Endurolyte tablets, oranges, soda and ice cold towels to name a few items. Many sections of this course are closed to vehicular traffic.
Members who are scheduled to race: