6:25
6:02
6:06
12:32 (two miles)
6:18
6:33
6:40
6:48

Kinda died towards the end too. Kind of a wimpy finish. I was really dead and I definitely didn't get any good long runs leading up to this race cuz of my ankle injury. I guess considering the injury and my lack of training over the last month, I am ok with the performance. It was a good effort until the last 3 miles. I got into a nice groove with a couple guys that I hung with from about mile 5-8...then they kind of dropped me on a hill and I lost contact....and the sad thing was that they were doing the full marathon and I was just doin the half. Bbbuuuuuttttt.....I could easily see how if I just keep up the training I could be down around 1:15 relatively quickly.

But man, its a long race....long but fun. I survived. It was great to see all the fans out there and some friends from over the years. The running community in Eugene is hard to beat. I got to listen to Dathen Ritz and Mary Slaney speak the day before. That was sweet. Mary Slaney was somethin else!

Ok...so I think I determined that I don't think I would want to run the full marathon in Eugene. I don't really like the idea of racing on all the running trails and streets that I run on like every day....its nice to get away and race in a foreign place.

Keep it up!!!! I wanna run sub 2:45 in Portland!
Post race

Last updated: 2009-02-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:22:20 | 13.1 miles | 06m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/???
Overall: 0/3000+
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: