General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Give props to your LBS Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-05-02 9:13 AM

User image

Expert
St. Louis, MO
Subject: Give props to your LBS

SUNSET CYCLERY

These guys are great!  I tried out several bike shops before I found Sunset.  The others seemed irritated when I asked beginner questions, and they looked at me like I was ridiculous when I told them that I was in training for triathlons.

At Sunset, they were very patient and super-informative.  I inquired about new bikes, but told them that I wasn't going to spend over $200 for my first road bike until I knew if I was going to stay with the sport.  I told them that I would probably buy a used bike from ebay or a used cycle store for the time being.  They completely understood.  They even fitted me to see what size range I should look for.

I found a used bike, but I wanted an honest opinion, so I took it to Sunset.  Even though I didn't buy it from them, they checked it out for me, looked it over, etc.  They told me that I got a great deal.  I told them I was a little worried about the pedals, so they replaced them for me.  They even told me that they would mount my pump and computer for me.

You can find good deals online on bikes, parts and accessories, but I think that nothing compares to finding a great LBS with exceptional customer service and highly knowledgable individuals to give one-on-one support.

Do you have an LBS that you are proud of?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Give props to your LBS Rss Feed