General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jim Thorpe, PA Area Training Partners? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-06-25 8:03 PM

Subject: Jim Thorpe, PA Area Training Partners?
Hi folks, yes it's true. I live in beautiful Jim Thorpe, PA in Eastern PA. Fantastic rail trail for biking and running along the Lehigh river. No worries about traffic when biking. A beautiful lake a mile or two up the road for swimming. One thing it lacks: a training partner whose just starting out in triathlon like me. I did my first sprint tri in the Pine Barrens last month. 1/2 mile swim, 24 mile bike and 4 mile run. I actually finished albeit in about 3 1/2 hours. It would have been much easier if I'd had another person or group to train with. My friends, all outdoor types look at me like I have some sort of brain infection when I try to make the case for doing a sprint triathlon. I know there's someone out there lurking right now reading this and saying to him/herself: "man, I'd love to try that". Let me put your mind at ease, dear reader. I'm 47, smoke a pack of cigarettes a day and yes, I have a bit more weight around the waist than i'd like. Therefore, fear not the deep water swim that lurks by day.....or whatever that saying is. If I can do it, you DEFINITELY can do it. And if you act now, a cold beer (or bottle of water) can be yours at no extra charge after each workout. So act now, a workout partner is a terrible thing to waste.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Jim Thorpe, PA Area Training Partners? Rss Feed