View Member's Race Log
San Luis Obispo, California
United States
Total Time = 40m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

~45 min easy spin with a few tempo efforts and a couple short sprints.
Bike
  • 40m
  • 0 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Ok, I got schooled. 40 min of a .8 mile circuit with 4 sharp right turns. One slight hill and a false flat section, then the homestretch was downhill. I raced Womens Cat 4 along with the Cat 3s.

Start was fast, but after a couple laps it settled in to "comfortably fast". I started feeling pretty good, so at the second prime lap I decided to go for it. I attacked up the inside halfway through but got outsprinted at the line. So I decided I should ride more toward the front. I worked my way back up and then suddenly I was in the front, pulling the pack. I tried swinging left to drop back a few places, but I was stuck in front for the next prime lap...when the pace kicked up. I blew up and got shot out the back, but managed to hang on about 20 meters back for 5 laps. Actually got within 10 meters once, but the official who was pulling off people who were lapped tried to pull me, not realizing I was on the same lap. I kept going but the extra 5 sec cost me another 10 meters...so there was no more hope of latching back on to the group.

I had fun though and overall did better than I thought I would. I also LOVE my new road bike...I really tested it sprinting and especially cornering hard when I was trying to catch the pack. Once I even brushed the inside barrier with my shoulder. What a beautiful machine.
Post race
Warm down:

5-10 min easy spin, then a 2 hour run.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

tactics and need to work on lactate tolerance. I blew up and took too long to recover.

Last updated: 2007-07-31 12:00 AM
Biking
00:40:00 | 00 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Rode fast. HR really high. Enough said.
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: