BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2011-12-18 8:49 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
Subject: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED

A new twist for me this year I will be having a great assistant in KCgolf with this group!

When Can you Start Mentoring:  I can start today

Name:  Razorxp / David
Story:  I started triathlon on a whim to loose a couple pounds for a friends wedding 5 years ago and have been hooked ever since.  I have made ALOT of mistakes in training so hopefully I can help you avoid the ones I have made.  As a normal type A I have tried to become a student of this sport by completing USAT coaching and reading everything I can get my hands on in order to improve or find better ways to train.  Triathlon is a family event for My wife and friends as we have as many as 10 friends/family at most races.

Family Status:
  I have been married for 8 years to my best-friend (Angie) and our 3 dogs  2 yorkies (Max, Enzo) and a boxer (kona) as its his job to get me there. :-)

Current Training:
This year my A race is IMWI, along with that we will do a hand-full of fun OLY races and a couple 1/2IM's (Knoxville & Muncie)

2010-2011 Races:
  IMCDA I did for fun as a vacation, and IMKY was my A race (didn't go too well though) Also did the 1st 1/2 @ Knoxville. 2011- had a terrible race at IMWI with my 1st ever dnf which changed the way I look at IM racing.

Weightloss:
  This year I am going to try a new race weight getting as small as possible, probably around 155.  Current 190lbs but my normal race weight is 162.  I don't have much trouble getting down quickly except for the last few pounds.

What will Make me a Good Mentor:
  I hope to be a good mentor because I have learned alot about this sport in a short time and I can share what I have learned with others.  This will be my 1st attempt at mentoring so I am excited about something new, so I'm hoping I can motivate and stay motivated by others.   Another good thing is I am always checking this site out (even though I don't post much) so I will respond quickly.   I only hope I can get a group that is active (as this will make it much more fun and rewarding), I will do my best to keep it going but I cannot force others to post.

If your willing to commit to me I will commit to you!
TRAIN SAFE

David

Name:
KCGOLF / Kevin

Story: I started triathlon late in
the summer of 2010 with a tri-a-tri here in South Western Ontario (I am from
Windsor, now live south of Windsor in Amherstburg Ont.) My reasons and story
for doing it are varied and complicated and I won’t bore you with more than this
- I was looking for a something else to do that would challenge me and keep me
busy and I loved it. After a neck injury right after that first tiny taste of
triathlon, I knew I wanted more so I set my sights on a busy schedule for the
next year – 2011. In 2011 I competed in 6 sprint triathlons, bought my first
road bike, started learning how to swim (still a work in progress), joined BT
and  met some great people (like Coach
Dave) and everyone else that took part in our group over the past year. With
2011 under my belt, and some great memories, I have decided that this is
something I want to continue to do so I have decided to challenge myself even
more and have now decided to jump all the way in and do my first full IM in

Current Training: This year my A race is The 1st
IRONMAN US Championships in New York City. I also plan on doing an Olympic
early with at least one half as a build up leading to NYC – as of right now I
am almost certain one of those half IM’s will be Muncie.

What will Make me a
Good Mentor:
I hope to be a good mentor because I will
take an interest in what you are doing and promise to do my best to help you
with finding the answers to your questions and giving you support, motivation
and suggestions along the way. Coach Dave has been a great help to me and I
think together we will give you everything we can to keep you moving toward
your goal, whatever it may be.

Good
luck in the New Year and I look forward to getting to know you.

KC

Edited by razorxp 2012-01-02 10:00 PM

2011-12-20 7:20 AM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! OPEN
Hey, is this the new thread?  Let me know, my man. 
2011-12-30 1:54 AM

User image

Expert
I'm if the group is still open.  Will update my background this weekend.  Hoping to do IM Louisville in August.
2011-12-30 5:36 AM

User image

Veteran

Alright!  I am in!  Glad we are on the front page again.

Will send my story later - after swim and run this morning.

2011-12-30 7:18 AM

User image

SE North Carolina

Id like to join,

name, kevin

startd my first trathlon this past september, it was a sprint and I had a great time, ive ran a few 5ks since then and have just started the higdon program to run a  half marathon in march.

family status, married with two children

Ive been training on a regular bass or the past six months, my job at work requires me to stay in half way decent shape but my goal this year is to fo a half iron man in may

2011-12-30 9:11 AM

User image

Jackson, MS

In for another year, coach!

So, sad story for my motivation...we caulked our shower yesterday... I didn't go running this morning because I didn't want to shower in the tiny bathroom upstairs. 

At least I ran yesterday...tempo run: 9:14, 8:57, 8:53, then a cool down.  Felt pretty good.  13.1 in a week...we will see...

Will send the whole story later.

2011-12-30 9:20 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hello Team.

Awesome to be live.

Batlou (Brian) - nice to have you along for the trip and looking forward to getting to know. I will take a look at your website link later today.

Mandown (Kevin) - great to have you, looking foward to getting to know you and a half in May - Awesome.

Coach Dave - looking forward to a great year and a great group.

Skinny arm Brian - nice to see you

Scott - thanks for hanging with us again

Hi Mary - nice to have you along for the swim,bike,ride again

Have a great day everyone.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-30 9:22 AM
2011-12-30 9:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Hey guys, I'm in and in dire need of motivation - again.
2011-12-30 9:33 AM

User image

Expert

If KC is somehow involved in leading this group - then we are all in troubleSurprised -haha

Name:  Tim (tmoran80)

Story:  I have always been a runner since I was a kid (cross country, track, etc...)  I did my first marathon (Chicago 92') as a senior in high school.  Never was fast but just enjoyed the challenge of pushing myself.  Ever since I was little kid I would watch Ironman on NBC and want to do it but never really "believed" I could.  During college, post college and first few years of marriage my fitness consisted of 12 oz. curls and I was the heviest I have ever been.  When we had our first child I made a vow that I would not be one of thoe out of shape dads who cannot do anything with their kids and I signed up for the Chicago Marathon 2008.  I did it again in 2009 but was plagued with injuries.  I decide it was time for Triathlons.  Learned (and still learning) how to swim and bike and I have been addicted ever since. I have completed 2 HIM's (Branson & Racine), multiple triathlons and am now set to complete my first IMWI on September 9..

Family Status:
  I have been married for 9 years to my wife (Josi) who supports me with my training but can get upset when it gets out of control Surprised.  I have three kids -Evan (6), Sophia (3) and Myles (8 weeks).  It is important to me to find that balance between family, work and training.  Haven't been able to dial it in YET but it is a work in progress still 

Current Training: This year I plan on doing the Galena Triathlon, Rockford Olympic Tri, Racine 70.3, Oshkosh Olympic, and Ironman Wisconsin.

2011 Races:
  Illinois Marathon (4:15 PR), Galena Triathlon, Racine 70.3, Oshkosh Triathlon

Weightloss:
  This year it is all about NUTRITION!!  Gotta find that balance and also work on my IM race day nutrition.

Rockstar:  
One of my biggest challenges is that I currently play in a somewhat successful cover band singing and playing guitar.  We played over 60 shows last year and this year I expect around 70.  It makes it very tough on weekends to get home at 3am and get up to do a long bike or run.  Gonna be my biggest challenge for IM training.

Expectations: This group is awesome as I have made some great friends and I look forward to another awesome season.

February 13 is when my Fink IronFit Ironman Training program starts!!

Look out 2012!!!!

2011-12-30 9:35 AM
in reply to: #3961802

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-12-30 10:32 AM Hey guys, I'm in and in dire need of motivation - again.

Hi Deb - welcome back and I promise to keep posting pictures of my bike spills if they motivate you or at least to give you a chuckle Smile

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-30 9:35 AM
2011-12-30 9:41 AM
in reply to: #3961806

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Tim:

Welcome back my friend - and I agree, what the hell is Coach Dave thinking letting me be part of this again LOL. I still remember you pointing out to me that I must have been dreaming when I posted I was running 5 minute miles - Embarassed - Oh well, at least my math skills when calculating speed and distance have gotten better, can I have some love for that at least?Smile

Looking forward to our Ironman journey together Tim and learning from you along the way.

KC

tmoran80 - 2011-12-30 10:33 AM

If KC is somehow involved in leading this group - then we are all in troubleSurprised -haha

Name:  Tim (tmoran80)

Story:  I have always been a runner since I was a kid (cross country, track, etc...)  I did my first marathon (Chicago 92') as a senior in high school.  Never was fast but just enjoyed the challenge of pushing myself.  Ever since I was little kid I would watch Ironman on NBC and want to do it but never really "believed" I could.  During college, post college and first few years of marriage my fitness consisted of 12 oz. curls and I was the heviest I have ever been.  When we had our first child I made a vow that I would not be one of thoe out of shape dads who cannot do anything with their kids and I signed up for the Chicago Marathon 2008.  I did it again in 2009 but was plagued with injuries.  I decide it was time for Triathlons.  Learned (and still learning) how to swim and bike and I have been addicted ever since. I have completed 2 HIM's (Branson & Racine), multiple triathlons and am now set to complete my first IMWI on September 9..

Family Status:
  I have been married for 9 years to my wife (Josi) who supports me with my training but can get upset when it gets out of control Surprised.  I have three kids -Evan (6), Sophia (3) and Myles (8 weeks).  It is important to me to find that balance between family, work and training.  Haven't been able to dial it in YET but it is a work in progress still 

Current Training: This year I plan on doing the Galena Triathlon, Rockford Olympic Tri, Racine 70.3, Oshkosh Olympic, and Ironman Wisconsin.

2011 Races:
  Illinois Marathon (4:15 PR), Galena Triathlon, Racine 70.3, Oshkosh Triathlon

Weightloss:
  This year it is all about NUTRITION!!  Gotta find that balance and also work on my IM race day nutrition.

Rockstar:  
One of my biggest challenges is that I currently play in a somewhat successful cover band singing and playing guitar.  We played over 60 shows last year and this year I expect around 70.  It makes it very tough on weekends to get home at 3am and get up to do a long bike or run.  Gonna be my biggest challenge for IM training.

Expectations: This group is awesome as I have made some great friends and I look forward to another awesome season.

February 13 is when my Fink IronFit Ironman Training program starts!!

Look out 2012!!!!

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-30 9:44 AM

2011-12-30 9:53 AM

User image

Expert

So are we officially over here now?

FYI - So I went to Doctor on Tuesday and they seemed a little concerned with the high levels from my lab work and are not convinced it was the P90X exercise that raised them.  I have some more blood work being done today and they are hoping to see the levels decline or stay the same.  Haven't been able to workout this week before the blood test so I am anxious to get on the bike tonight.

Hopefully I will get some results this weekend.

So whats on tap for New Years besides Brian's appetizers?  I ended getting a last minute acoustic show at some Country Club by me - sweet gig though -its from 5pm-9pm so I will be home by 10pm and able to still get together with some neighbors.

2011-12-30 9:54 AM
in reply to: #3961836

User image

Expert

It is gonna be awesome!   I am pumped to just start my training plan already.  Have you figured out what plan you are gonna use yet?

kcgolf - 2011-12-30 9:41 AM

Looking forward to our Ironman journey together Tim and learning from you along the way.

KC

2011-12-30 10:06 AM
in reply to: #3961862

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Tim.

I am sure the test will be fine so don't worry to much about that.

I am very pumped about starting an official plan but have not figured out what one I am going to do yet. I am hoping that Coach Dave (are you listening Coach Dave?) will help me with that. I am working out but feel like it is more at a maintain level and looking forward to a good structured plan.

As far as New Years eve is concerned - no real plans yet LOL - guess I should figure that out.

tmoran80 - 2011-12-30 10:54 AM

It is gonna be awesome!   I am pumped to just start my training plan already.  Have you figured out what plan you are gonna use yet?

kcgolf - 2011-12-30 9:41 AM

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-30 10:09 AM
2011-12-30 11:21 AM

User image

Jackson, MS

Tim--let me know how it works out.  Honestly could still be a fluke elevation, so I'd wait for the new levels before giving it another thought.  Keep us posted.

Name:  Mary A

Story:  Moved to Mississippi from Dallas a couple years ago and started looking for new hobbies.  I'm an otolaryngology resident (aka ENT/ear, nose, throat surgery) now midway through training.  We live off the Natchez Trace, which has some great biking.  Picked it up triathlon after my husband Michael (Mashmead) did.  Did a few sprints in 2010, a sprint and a couple olys in 2011.  Still slow on the run, but got pretty fast on the bike this year!

Family Status:
  Married to a fellow BTer.  I will probably accidentally post under his name a few times (like last year's group knows).  One dog Ellie who LOVES coming to tris.  She gets lots of attention.

Current Training:
  13.1 coming up next weekend--Mississippi Blues here in Jackson.  Haven't really planned out my season yet.  Want to race more this year, maybe hit the sprint circuit of Mississippi.  Would like to improve my oly time for the Mississippi Heatwave Classic.  Maybe, just maybe a half iron late season...just depends.  Have my eye on a century ride here on the Trace.

2010-2011 Races:
   Tri for Life, Stonebridge sprint in Dallas, Soak up the Sun minisprint, Heatwave Classic oly, Gatorbait at Eagle Lake oly

Weightloss:  No specific goals except to work off the Christmas sweets

2011-12-30 12:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Windermere, FL
Hi all, I would love to join this group! I've never had a mentor before, but I'm training for IMFL, so I'm thinking it might me a good idea!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Theresa

2011-12-30 1:04 PM
in reply to: #3962288

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Theresa.

Welcome aboard and looking forward to getting to know all about you. This is a great group and I am sure you will enjoy it.

KC

seitz1124 - 2011-12-30 1:51 PM Hi all, I would love to join this group! I've never had a mentor before, but I'm training for IMFL, so I'm thinking it might me a good idea! Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Theresa

2011-12-30 1:52 PM
in reply to: #3961745

User image

Veteran
Mary A - 2011-12-30 10:11 AM

So, sad story for my motivation...we caulked our shower yesterday... I didn't go running this morning because I didn't want to shower in the tiny bathroom upstairs. 

At least I ran yesterday...tempo run: 9:14, 8:57, 8:53, then a cool down.  Felt pretty good.  13.1 in a week...we will see...

I love a good rationalization story, and that is a good oneLaughing.

Good run, you will be ready for your 1/2.

2011-12-30 2:05 PM

User image

Name is Bearun/Jeff from North Alabama. 

When Can you Start Training: I can start today if Razor Dave will accept.

Story: I really just started triathlon although I did an Olympic and a few sprints between 2003-2009.  My motivation and desire to be a triathlete started early 2011.  The year before, I reached a point where I needed to slow down, discover where I want to be.  Looking back my identity was always associated to athletics.  College scholarship etc.  At some point I stopped exercising,  cold turkey.  Got married.  Graduated from law school.  A little later a divorce.  For years I felt something was missing. Disillusioned.  I decided to live on a houseboat.  That wasn't it.  Find a new girl.  Nope, not it either.  Not sure I've found what I'm looking for, but I know I've started running I'm not going to stop.  

Family Status: Proud uncle.  No girlfriend.  No dog. Nothing better to do than train.   

Current training:  Marathon in February. Powerman Duathalon in March.  IM New Orleans 70.3 in April.  10k in May.  Sprint in June.  Olympic in July.  Olympic in August.  IM Augusta 70.3 in September.  October No race/Taper Training.  November IMAZ.      

March '11 was a sprint tri.  May: 10k.  June: xterra international.  June: Century Ride. July: Chattanooga Olympic.  July: Ohio River 2.4 mile swim.  August: Rocketman Olympic.  September: Charleston Olympic.  October: Washington, NC Half-Ironman.  October: Half-Marathon.  November: Century Ride. Really I was just trying to set PR's to improve upon in '12.  I moved slow and steady toward the finish line.  

Weightloss: Goal race weight around 175. Current 204 lbs. 12/10 weight 250.

Happy New Year!

Bearun

2011-12-30 2:13 PM
in reply to: #3962376

User image

Jackson, MS
Skinny Arm Brian - 2011-12-30 1:52 PM
Mary A - 2011-12-30 10:11 AM

I love a good rationalization story, and that is a good oneLaughing.

Good run, you will be ready for your 1/2.

Yeah.............the upstairs bathroom shower is about 6 feet, 5 inches tall...which gives me 5 inches of shampooing room.  Ugh.  Like showering in a vertical bathtub. 

Maybe will go for a quick run tonight?  Only if the downstairs shower is dry and ready for use.  We will see.

ETS: Welcome Jeff!!!  Glad to have another southerner in the group.  How was the chattanooga waterfront tri?  Been thinking about trying it out...

Edited by Mary A 2011-12-30 2:16 PM
2011-12-30 2:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Tim, let me know about the blood tests, man.  I am so sick of doctors.  I was back this week with a food allergy of all things.  Cortisone shot and taking oral steroids for a week.  So everyone stand back and don't screw with the Iceman.

My info:

Age 60

Back story;  400 pounds in 2005, started riding the bike, lost a lot, went to a doc., found cancer, clean since 2006, started riding bike for LiveStrong relay tri team in 2007, rode relay in 2008 again, soloed on short courses in 2009, half IM in 2010, IronMan Wisconsin finisher 2011 (thanks to good friends like Tim who came and actually road his bike with me as I approached the finish of the marathon.)  33 inch waist, 11% body fat.  A beauty to behold. 

Currently finishing recovery from a hernia operation to repair damage from a run fall during IM training.  Then they found a tumor in my colon and I had that removed.  Benign. 

I am coached by Vision Quest. 

Races for 2012 so far are a club sprint in June, Oly in July and Branson 70.3 in September.   I might switch out a half IM on the same weekend in July in Racine where lots of VQers are going or the new Rev3 70.3 in Wisconsin Dells where a lot of my club Tri Sharks are going.

I am thinking seriously about IM Moo again 2013. 

To the newcomers, this is a great group.  Lots of positive input and good technical grasp of the sport.

I have my page set on public so let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Ice.

Edited by IceManScott 2011-12-31 12:16 AM

2011-12-30 2:41 PM
in reply to: #3962401

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Jeff and welcome.

Thanks for sharing your story and I am looking forward to getting to know you. Nice schedule in 2011 and aswesome line up for 2012.

Just curious, what sport was scholarship for?

KC

bearun - 2011-12-30 3:05 PM

Name is Bearun/Jeff from North Alabama. 

When Can you Start Training: I can start today if Razor Dave will accept.

Story: I really just started triathlon although I did an Olympic and a few sprints between 2003-2009.  My motivation and desire to be a triathlete started early 2011.  The year before, I reached a point where I needed to slow down, discover where I want to be.  Looking back my identity was always associated to athletics.  College scholarship etc.  At some point I stopped exercising,  cold turkey.  Got married.  Graduated from law school.  A little later a divorce.  For years I felt something was missing. Disillusioned.  I decided to live on a houseboat.  That wasn't it.  Find a new girl.  Nope, not it either.  Not sure I've found what I'm looking for, but I know I've started running I'm not going to stop.  

Family Status: Proud uncle.  No girlfriend.  No dog. Nothing better to do than train.   

Current training:  Marathon in February. Powerman Duathalon in March.  IM New Orleans 70.3 in April.  10k in May.  Sprint in June.  Olympic in July.  Olympic in August.  IM Augusta 70.3 in September.  October No race/Taper Training.  November IMAZ.      

March '11 was a sprint tri.  May: 10k.  June: xterra international.  June: Century Ride. July: Chattanooga Olympic.  July: Ohio River 2.4 mile swim.  August: Rocketman Olympic.  September: Charleston Olympic.  October: Washington, NC Half-Ironman.  October: Half-Marathon.  November: Century Ride. Really I was just trying to set PR's to improve upon in '12.  I moved slow and steady toward the finish line.  

Weightloss: Goal race weight around 175. Current 204 lbs. 12/10 weight 250.

Happy New Year!

Bearun

2011-12-30 2:43 PM
in reply to: #3962447

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

IceMan - IM again in 2013 - nice Smile

IceManScott - 2011-12-30 3:35 PM

Time, let me know about the blood tests, man.  I am so sick of doctors.  I was back this week with a food allergy of all things.  Cortisone shot and taking oral steroids for a week.  So everyone stand back and don't screw with the Iceman.

My info:

Age 60

Back story;  400 pounds in 2005, started riding the bike, lost a lot, went to a doc., found cancer, clean since 2006, started riding bike for LiveStrong relay tri team in 2007, rode relay in 2008 again, soloed on short courses in 2009, half IM in 2010, IronMan Wisconsin finisher 2011 (thanks to good friends like Tim who came and actually road his bike with me as I approached the finish of the marathon.)  33 inch waist, 11% body fat.  A beauty to behold. 

Currently finishing recovery from a hernia operation to repair damage from a run fall during IM training.  Then they found a tumor in my colon and I had that removed.  Benign. 

I am coached by Vision Quest. 

Races for 2012 so far are a club sprint in June, Oly in July and Branson 70.3 in September.   I might switch out a half IM on the same weekend in July in Racine where lots of VQers are going or the new Rev3 70.3 in Wisconsin Dells where a lot of my club Tri Sharks are going.

I am thinking seriously about IM Moo again 2013. 

To the newcomers, this is a great group.  Lots of positive input and good technical grasp of the sport.

I have my page set on public so let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Ice.

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-30 2:44 PM
2011-12-30 4:31 PM
in reply to: #3962457

User image

Thanks Mary.  The Waterfront was a great swim. . .  the current on the TN River .  In perspective, I was about 20lbs heaver at the time and I blew it out on the bike.  Had a lot of fun with the hills.  I just got my new tri bike and just had a blast.  However, no nutrition plan. So when I got to the run it was about over for me.  Bonk.  For real a nice run course.  Maybe one hill run out and back.  The heat however is what was most memorable.  Close to 100 degrees that day.  I plan to run it again next year to compare times. 

Hey Kevin.  I played college tennis at Furman University and then left to go to The University of Alabama.  I had been offered a scholarship there but turned it down for the academics of Furman.  I thought it was a better school. . . little did I know Alabama is actually the Harvard of the South.  Anyway, when I got to Bama I decided not to play tennis anymore, hence cold turkey. 

-On another note. I decided to see what my PR time is for 1 mile.  Today: 7:33.  Goal time next year: 6:15.  Thinking about a midnight run to ring in the new year. 

2011-12-30 4:40 PM
in reply to: #3962461

User image

Wow Scott.  Inspirational to say the least.  My dad's got a blood cancer and will go out and ride 50 miles with me.  Some things are amazing.  I've got a computrainer and have the IM Canada course on DVD.  I'll hit it one day soon.  It's a tough one. I've never been a part of a mentor group so cut me some slack when necessary. 

Edited by bearun 2011-12-30 6:02 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43