Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Anyone from Bendigo here? Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2008-06-06 9:09 AM

Subject: Anyone from Bendigo here?
Just wondering if anyone else from Benders has been lucky enough to find this website yet?

2008-06-07 7:16 PM
in reply to: #1449415

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
Subject: RE: Anyone from Bendigo here?
I don't know. I'm from Melbourne. But you could spread the word.
2008-06-10 2:23 AM

User image

Its my home town.....*sobing because im happy to hear this*

Now live in Hawthorn but i head back every almost weekend.

Welcome to BT and the Australian page! 

2008-06-10 4:49 AM

JamieW - coming back almost every weekend you could almost compete in the tri series we have running up here, see http://www.bendigotriathlon.com/?race_calendar.
2008-06-10 6:03 PM

User image

Maybe one day, I like to get back to see the boys whilst I can and enjoy my little time away from training.

Great site though and I will be definatly looking it up next time i head back to bendigo.

Im a little confused though. The next race is a Duathlon, but is has a 400mtr swim??

2008-06-12 4:20 AM

Yeah a little confusing, it will actually be a du' by all accounts and an off-road one too possibly (see the news section) which will be great if that happens, cause riding on the bitumen is boring..

2008-06-12 6:53 PM

User image

Yeah I contacted someone and they said its a Duathlon. Off road? I didn't know about that.

I was going to have a go next week, but this weekend im running and 1 week turn around from an Ultra could be pushing it a bit.

It a shame they had taken races out of the winter series though, the next one is like 2 months away

Im extremely interested in the swim leg, I don't know why they cant just open the whole pool up and do laps, not swim in 1 lane in a train formation. I suppose one of those things you take for granted when you have the resources to swim open water.

Honestly im so pumped that Bendigo have a strong series though. Very exciting!

2008-06-12 10:17 PM

Yeah, really looking forward to the off road (see http://www.bendigotriathlon.com/?news26/5/08 point 2).

I did the great ocean road ultra marathon in May and was very surprised how i pulled up. The race was on Sunday (the first competitive race i've run) and on Tuesday i felt good enough to go for a 20km MTB ride - quite obviously I didn't go hard enough in the ultra.

For the swim they do open the whole pool up, but still with lanes, you end up with about 6 people per lane, would make it quite interesting if they didn't have lanes and it was just a free-for-all though.

Haven't done an open water yet myself, but really looking forward to getting swum over, kicked, hit, gogglese ripped off, nearly drowned etc...... (detect sarcasm here).

Anyways, hope to see you up here for a local tri 1 day.

Cheers.
2008-06-13 12:01 AM

User image

Ah yes, the fun of slamming 60 people into a bunch start all fighing for the first 300mtrs.  I miss summer   .......dont forget the scratching and elbows to the nose and ribs, but honestly they arent as bad as people make out, you learn after your first one that you have to HTFU and fight back and never lift you head to pull up

Ok so the swim leg is not as not as bad as I first thought. I thought having people in 1 lane of the pool sounded a little crazy.

Yeah I hope my body should be ok, but 57km will be a killer no doubt, and the last 15km are up hill the whole way...its not a race im doing it for charity for epilepsy research. its all for a Good cause

2008-06-13 3:06 AM

Your filling me with heaps of confidence and inspiration - inspiration to train up hard in the swim so i can get out in front!! What's the HFTU stand for?

57km, that sounds a long way. I did have fleeting thoughts about looking for an 80km, funny though, i haven't had that thought since i did the 45km....

Good on you for doing it for charity too!!
2008-06-17 7:58 PM

User image

Pack swims are fun honestlySmile

HTFU (Harden the fck up) I dont mean it in a bad negative way towards you, but you learn not to be timid in tripping anyone up.  Everyone is fighting for the same patch of water and you just naturally learn to adjust.

Yeah the run was an interesting experience. I ran at a solid pace of 10kmh the whole way. Running on the road for 6 hours is so taxing on your body and the camber of roads plays a massive part. I was almost unable to move on Sunday night. Monday was a RnR day (Hot and Cold showers, extremely light stretching). Tuesday was the Physio day and he stretched and worked me extremelly well. Feeling pretty loose toady though.

On a good note, my Mum is rewarding me and if offering to help buy me a bike. I am pretty settled a a P2C and I would love to buy it through Hardings, only thing is they dont sell them. Looks like Moronis it is if the price is right.

Just to let you know, another great site is www.nytro.com.au

They are selling a P2C with Ultegra and shipping for under $3K 

New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Anyone from Bendigo here? Rss Feed