Other Resources The Political Joe » Roseanne Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-04-02 12:58 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Roseanne
Were you among the 25 million people who watched Roseanne? I did not see it when it was first aired but ABC ran it again on Sunday night and I set the DVR to record it. I'm not a big fan of the show but I love the idea of having opposing political points of view on a show. You would think that after the success of 'All In the Family' with Archie and Meathead going toe to toe that Hollywood would learn that people like some 'debate' in their shows.

I try not to watch Madcow or Hannity as they only ever have guests with whom they vehemently agree with. CNN is all about panels of 'experts' with 6 or 8 people all trashing Trump. The guy I like the most is Tucker. He is far right but 9 times out of 10 his guests are far left. I would much rather listen to a debate with different perspectives than to hear two people in violent agreement.

2018-04-02 2:29 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Roseanne
I didn't care enough for the original show to watch a remake.
2018-04-02 4:52 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by mdg2003

I didn't care enough for the original show to watch a remake.

I watched it, thought is was a crummy as the original. I like John Goodman. Roseanne, meh.
2018-04-03 7:57 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Tejas
I always enjoyed Goodman in the various roles he's played. Even on the original Roseann, his character acting was believable. Roseanne seemed like her character was 'forced' if that makes sense. I imagine in real life that she is probably the opposite and a genuinely nice person. Or she just really sucks at acting. Maybe a bit of both?
2018-04-03 8:00 AM
in reply to: #5240812

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Seems like the show is just built around her one-liners. And they aren’t that funny.

Goodman in Big Lebowski, classic
2018-04-03 10:29 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
I always think that one eyed pshyco he portrayed in "O Brother, where art thou?" when I think of John Goodman.

2018-04-03 11:01 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

I always think that one eyed pshyco he portrayed in "O Brother, where art thou?" when I think of John Goodman.

Big Dan T. Love that character. He also played Fred Flintstone but I never saw that movie.

BTW Oyst, has there ever been a sitcom that wasn't a series of one-liners? I never cared for the original and other than the one episode I recorded I doubt I will watch. I do like the concept of a working class family....ala Archie Bunker....not like the Huxtables where one is a lawyer and the other is a doctor. How many households can 'identify' with that?
2018-04-03 8:31 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Originally posted by Rogillio

Big Dan T. Love that character. He also played Fred Flintstone but I never saw that movie.

BTW Oyst, has there ever been a sitcom that wasn't a series of one-liners? I never cared for the original and other than the one episode I recorded I doubt I will watch. I do like the concept of a working class family....ala Archie Bunker....not like the Huxtables where one is a lawyer and the other is a doctor. How many households can 'identify' with that?

That's my house, I identify with it.

The one-liner comment, I see where you are coming from, but I think I just like my comedy a bit more sophisticated than Roseanne. But as I said, never thought that much of the original to begin with, so I'm consistent.

Big Dan Teague, yes indeed. I was thinking about that movie the other day, I put it in my top 5 along with Animal House, Usual Suspects, Saving Private Ryan, and Inception. (Blazing Saddles is an Honorable Mention)
2018-04-04 6:29 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

The one-liner comment, I see where you are coming from, but I think I just like my comedy a bit more sophisticated than Roseanne. But as I said, never thought that much of the original to begin with, so I'm consistent.

Big Dan Teague, yes indeed. I was thinking about that movie the other day, I put it in my top 5 along with Animal House, Usual Suspects, Saving Private Ryan, and Inception. (Blazing Saddles is an Honorable Mention)

Eggzackly. Liberal, coastal elite. Not the fly over state working class. :-)
2018-04-04 10:33 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Wait a minute, I just got a Rewards card from Tractor Supply...
2018-04-04 11:09 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Wait a minute, I just got a Rewards card from Tractor Supply...

LOL My wife has one of those too from TSC.

BTW, I watched Roseanne last night and it was not political at all....it was not very good IMO either. I few funny parts but not that great. I do like John Goodman though.

2018-04-04 11:14 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Dang, I thought I was leading the sh*tkicker around here these days. You guys are card carrying members.
2018-04-04 1:03 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh

Dang, I thought I was leading the sh*tkicker around here these days. You guys are card carrying members.

Shhhh, I'll lose my status as a member of the coastal elite.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Roseanne Rss Feed