General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Xterra suits have arrived Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-26 5:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: New Xterra suits have arrived
Since the wetsuits are on sale I order both the full suit and sleeveless. I was planning on trying them on and seeing which one I like best and returning the other one. They arrived this afternoon and I tried them on this evening. Well...............I felt like I was stuffing 20lb of potatoes into a 15 lb sack. I am 6'6" 275lb, when I talked to customer service they recomended the xxl suits which are the one that I got. They both fit quite snug to say the least. I know I need to lose about 40 lbs and they would fit better. This afternoon my arm motion felt fine. I have an OWS this weekend and will see how they feel in H20. I am also worried about the heat, I live, race and train in arkansas.

My questions;

Is how tight should they fit?
Will they stretch out? I am planning on dropping that 40 lb, when accpomlished will they be to big?
How much hotter is full vs sleeveless?

2009-08-28 11:41 AM
in reply to: #2372794

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!
Subject: RE: New Xterra suits have arrived
dixrp - 2009-08-26 6:58 PM Since the wetsuits are on sale I order both the full suit and sleeveless. I was planning on trying them on and seeing which one I like best and returning the other one. They arrived this afternoon and I tried them on this evening. Well...............I felt like I was stuffing 20lb of potatoes into a 15 lb sack. I am 6'6" 275lb, when I talked to customer service they recomended the xxl suits which are the one that I got. They both fit quite snug to say the least. I know I need to lose about 40 lbs and they would fit better. This afternoon my arm motion felt fine. I have an OWS this weekend and will see how they feel in H20. I am also worried about the heat, I live, race and train in arkansas. My questions; Is how tight should they fit? Will they stretch out? I am planning on dropping that 40 lb, when accpomlished will they be to big? How much hotter is full vs sleeveless?

I just got my sleeveless in too!  The suit should fit like a second skin.  If you think about it, you only want a very thin film of water between your skin and the suit.  If you can't hold your arms straight above your head for a minute without feeling it, then it's probably too tight.  My full suit was very tight....for the first few months I couldn't get into it and zip it up without help.

The sleeveless will be a lot cooler...you also have three spots for water to come in near your core...instead of just around the neck.  If you can get your sleeveless on....it's not too tight..IMO.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New Xterra suits have arrived Rss Feed