Other Resources The Political Joe » Student march Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2018-03-26 3:17 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Student march
"“One of the big kids. [Hogg] One thing I will say is that, you don’t move the narrative when you use language like this,” McCain continued. “‘He said, ‘it just makes me think what sick blankers out there want to continue to sell more guns, murder more children and honestly just get reelected. What type of blanking person does that. ‘They could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they don’t take action because all they see are dollar signs.'”"

This is why kids don't make good activists! They tend to shoot themselves in the foot.....pun intended. He just proves himself to be an immature nut.

Doesn't matter anyway. As I say after every demonstration/march/protest......it changes nothing. Scream and cry and rant and raves and make signs and maybe you will feel like you accomplished something and will sleep better at night. You want to change society then run for office....volunteer to work on a election campaign to get your guy elected....write a check to support your candidate.

2018-03-26 3:28 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Student march

Who the hell is following a teenager's lead on ANYTHING??  HAHAHAHA!!!  All this coverage to a bunch of emotional kids is comical to me.  I realize they are emotional, and I realize they want to be heard stamping their feet....and I get it.  What I don't understand is how anyone covers it or listens to it.

When my kids start pontificating on the ways of the world I just walk away, literally...... I don't have time for stupid.

2018-03-27 6:50 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
"“When your old- parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the f*cking phone and let me handle it.’" Hogg ranted like a 3-year-old valley girl. "Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government; our parents don’t know how to use a f*cking democracy, so we have to.""

Obviously our education system failed to teach this kid the difference between a democracy and a republic.
2018-03-27 7:08 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio "“When your old- parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the f*cking phone and let me handle it.’" Hogg ranted like a 3-year-old valley girl. "Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government; our parents don’t know how to use a f*cking democracy, so we have to."" Obviously our education system failed to teach this kid the difference between a democracy and a republic.

Or how to express himself in a way that doesn't cause others to think he's an idiot......but he has time.....he's a kid.  Hopefully he'll learn from this. 

Man, he went right to the, "I look and act like a kid so I'll curse a lot to appear more grown".  LOL  He needs a wack on the back of his head to remind him of his place.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-03-27 7:12 AM
2018-03-27 9:01 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Bless their well intentioned hearts. Little puppets.

I have a few reservations regarding the way this thing came together. The entire march/movement was supposedly created and organized by high school students. No adults were involved in all the strategizing and planning. Self funded and free of outside influence. Somehow all these kids made it to DC from around the country to march on the capitol without adult aid, supervision and guidance. A truly amazing feat when you think about it. Sooooooooo….

Why do they sound like they're reading bullet points one by one off a DNC checklist? Their hit list of government officials does not mention one single democrat by name. At least I have yet to hear one though that could be the result of the media doing what they do best. The NRA is their boogeyman, just like the democrats. Is it true that no democrat ever took NRA funding?

How do you send your kids out of state to an event without adult chaperones? I imagine my daughter asking me if she could have a thousand dollars to go march on DC. My first question is going to be, "who is in charge?" "Bill and Evie, you know them Dad, they both play trombone in band." How does that play at your houses?
2018-03-27 9:32 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

My twins are in Mexico for a week as I type this.  40 kids and 24 adults.......and they're just laying around getting drunk on a beach.

None of those kids are in DC alone.....believe it.

Still, having gun owners laugh at them is a good lesson on "demanding" things. 

2018-03-27 9:40 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Left Brain

Still, having gun owners laugh at them is a good lesson on "demanding" things. 

The thing is, they're so insulated from reality that nobody has likely told them the truth.
2018-03-29 7:30 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003 Bless their well intentioned hearts. Little puppets. I have a few reservations regarding the way this thing came together. The entire march/movement was supposedly created and organized by high school students. No adults were involved in all the strategizing and planning. Self funded and free of outside influence. Somehow all these kids made it to DC from around the country to march on the capitol without adult aid, supervision and guidance. A truly amazing feat when you think about it. Sooooooooo…. Why do they sound like they're reading bullet points one by one off a DNC checklist? Their hit list of government officials does not mention one single democrat by name. At least I have yet to hear one though that could be the result of the media doing what they do best. The NRA is their boogeyman, just like the democrats. Is it true that no democrat ever took NRA funding? How do you send your kids out of state to an event without adult chaperones? I imagine my daughter asking me if she could have a thousand dollars to go march on DC. My first question is going to be, "who is in charge?" "Bill and Evie, you know them Dad, they both play trombone in band." How does that play at your houses?

Using children to push a political agenda is just sad.

Here’s who actually attended the March for Our Lives. (No, it wasn’t mostly young people.)

"Contrary to what’s been reported in many media accounts, the D.C. March for Our Lives crowd was not primarily made up of teenagers. Only about 10 percent of the participants were under 18. The average age of the adults in the crowd was just under 49 years old, which is older than participants at the other marches I’ve surveyed but similar to the age of the average participant at the Million Moms March in 2000, which was also about gun control."

2018-03-29 8:52 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Hogg is in the running for Best Gun Salesmen of the Year....but he is neck and neck with John Paul Stevens.
2018-03-29 9:12 AM

User image

Pro

Damn.....I got some pictures and an email last night from my daughters in Mexico and it appears that now they are marching too......but they appear to be marching for tequila.  

I'm so proud to have raised activists.

2018-03-29 9:22 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Hogg is in the running for Best Gun Salesmen of the Year....but he is neck and neck with John Paul Stevens.

2018-03-29 10:48 AM

User image

Pro

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

"We're gonna shock the world with our morality"  ................. kid, you already have.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-03-29 10:48 AM
2018-03-30 10:01 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Yeah, but looks like the kid got the best of Laura Ingraham

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/business/media/laura-ingraham-dav...
2018-03-30 10:51 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Yeah, she caved. And the kid was dumb enough to double-down, reject her apology and call out 100 more vendors. Not sure who is advising that kid but I think he showed his immaturity.

I would advise him, "Grassahoppa, chose your enemies wisely." She is 4th highest rated TV taking head behind Sean, Tucker and Rachel. She had like 2.6 million viewers nightly on prime time national TV.

The thing is, he is making this about him and not about guns/school safety. He got offended that Laura repeated what he had tweeted about being rejected at some CA colleges.

Edited by Rogillio 2018-03-30 10:54 AM
2018-03-30 11:11 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Laura runs a little hot at times. Brilliant AM talk show personality, not so much a TV personality IMO. Still, I give her a pass for taking a run at this guy.

He's grabbed every opportunity to get face time and has taken a stance that violates my Constitutional rights. He put himself in the national spotlight and the fact that he went to school where a shooting took place means nothing to me. Every kid that went to school at Parkland has been labeled a survivor; the exception being Cruz's little brother. Using the same logic for labeling, I guess I'm an Austin bomber survivor and thus should be treated with kid gloves.

He's refused to go heads up with anyone that has an opposing view. So, he didn't really get the best of Laura, he merely sandbagged her when she wasn't looking. I imagine the folks on the right will organize a boycott of these advertisers and the vicious circle jer* continues.
2018-03-30 11:19 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003
Originally posted by Oysterboy Yeah, but looks like the kid got the best of Laura Ingraham https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/business/media/laura-ingraham-dav...
Laura runs a little hot at times. Brilliant AM talk show personality, not so much a TV personality IMO. Still, I give her a pass for taking a run at this guy. He's grabbed every opportunity to get face time and has taken a stance that violates my Constitutional rights. He put himself in the national spotlight and the fact that he went to school where a shooting took place means nothing to me. Every kid that went to school at Parkland has been labeled a survivor; the exception being Cruz's little brother. Using the same logic for labeling, I guess I'm an Austin bomber survivor and thus should be treated with kid gloves. He's refused to go heads up with anyone that has an opposing view. So, he didn't really get the best of Laura, he merely sandbagged her when she wasn't looking. I imagine the folks on the right will organize a boycott of these advertisers and the vicious circle jer* continues.

Yeah, conservatives have taken note of any companies that pull advertising based on political crap.
I don't care what your business is or whom you support, it's a really dumb idea to go public taking one side or the other.  No matter what you're going to tick off half of your customer base.

2018-03-30 11:38 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Oysterboy Yeah, but looks like the kid got the best of Laura Ingraham https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/business/media/laura-ingraham-dav...
Laura runs a little hot at times. Brilliant AM talk show personality, not so much a TV personality IMO. Still, I give her a pass for taking a run at this guy. He's grabbed every opportunity to get face time and has taken a stance that violates my Constitutional rights. He put himself in the national spotlight and the fact that he went to school where a shooting took place means nothing to me. Every kid that went to school at Parkland has been labeled a survivor; the exception being Cruz's little brother. Using the same logic for labeling, I guess I'm an Austin bomber survivor and thus should be treated with kid gloves. He's refused to go heads up with anyone that has an opposing view. So, he didn't really get the best of Laura, he merely sandbagged her when she wasn't looking. I imagine the folks on the right will organize a boycott of these advertisers and the vicious circle jer* continues.

Yeah, conservatives have taken note of any companies that pull advertising based on political crap.
I don't care what your business is or whom you support, it's a really dumb idea to go public taking one side or the other.  No matter what you're going to tick off half of your customer base.

Exactly! Airing your commercial during someone's prime time show is NOT an endorsement of the show! This whole idea of boycotting advertisers to try to punish people with whom you disagree with is ridiculous.

Companies would be wise to just stay out of it with a statement like: "We provide the best Toilet Paper in the world and do not engage in politics. We have your bottom in mind and don't care where you head is....even if it is up your asre."

OK, probably a good reason I don't work in advertising.....
2018-03-30 11:56 AM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Rogillio
Yeah, she caved. And the kid was dumb enough to double-down, reject her apology and call out 100 more vendors. Not sure who is advising that kid but I think he showed his immaturity. I would advise him, "Grassahoppa, chose your enemies wisely." She is 4th highest rated TV taking head behind Sean, Tucker and Rachel. She had like 2.6 million viewers nightly on prime time national TV. The thing is, he is making this about him and not about guns/school safety. He got offended that Laura repeated what he had tweeted about being rejected at some CA colleges.

Maybe Laura ought to be the one choosing her enemies wisely. What does she have to gain? Because the Hogg kid has absolutely nothing to lose. He's a highschool kid with no career, no money, no family to support. But he's in the middle of his 15 minutes, and FoxNews hosts arguing with him only extends his time. If he plays his cards right, he can make a quick buck with a book deal or maybe turn his little new-found fame into a run at some deep-blue seat when he's old enough. Worst case scenario for him, he fades into obscurity.

Laura has a multi-million dollar salary on the line. You think Fox won't dump her if enough advertisers leave? O'Reilly had the #1 rated show forever, and Fox stuck with him through all the payouts to women. But the moment he started losing advertisers, they cut the chord real quick. I hear he has a popular podcast now. 

2018-03-30 11:58 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by tuwood

Exactly! Airing your commercial during someone's prime time show is NOT an endorsement of the show! This whole idea of boycotting advertisers to try to punish people with whom you disagree with is ridiculous. Companies would be wise to just stay out of it with a statement like: "We provide the best Toilet Paper in the world and do not engage in politics. We have your bottom in mind and don't care where you head is....even if it is up your asre." OK, probably a good reason I don't work in advertising.....

haha, i like the slogan.  I may consider purchasing your product.

I mean, the bar isn't set very high when it comes to ad agencies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

(I think I'm going to get one of these for dmiller for Christmas)

2018-03-30 12:31 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Yeah, she caved. And the kid was dumb enough to double-down, reject her apology and call out 100 more vendors. Not sure who is advising that kid but I think he showed his immaturity. I would advise him, "Grassahoppa, chose your enemies wisely." She is 4th highest rated TV taking head behind Sean, Tucker and Rachel. She had like 2.6 million viewers nightly on prime time national TV. The thing is, he is making this about him and not about guns/school safety. He got offended that Laura repeated what he had tweeted about being rejected at some CA colleges.

Maybe Laura ought to be the one choosing her enemies wisely. What does she have to gain? Because the Hogg kid has absolutely nothing to lose. He's a highschool kid with no career, no money, no family to support. But he's in the middle of his 15 minutes, and FoxNews hosts arguing with him only extends his time. If he plays his cards right, he can make a quick buck with a book deal or maybe turn his little new-found fame into a run at some deep-blue seat when he's old enough. Worst case scenario for him, he fades into obscurity.

Laura has a multi-million dollar salary on the line. You think Fox won't dump her if enough advertisers leave? O'Reilly had the #1 rated show forever, and Fox stuck with him through all the payouts to women. But the moment he started losing advertisers, they cut the chord real quick. I hear he has a popular podcast now. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Laura is not worried. She had been thru a lot of controversy over the years and always comes out on top.

The thing is, whomever is pulling Hogg's strings has lost sight of their cause/movement. This is all about Hogg now and has nothing to do with guns or school safety! He got hurt/offended because Laura 'mocked' him about his tweeting that he had been rejected at CA school. I have to admit I laughed when I read what he'd tweeted. Something along the lines of "....I am changing the world but I can't get into the college I want." Someone better relieve some pressure on that boy's lil haid before it explodes! Laura really didn't need to say anything. Just put his tweet out there and smile. It speaks for itself.

2018-03-30 12:52 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Hmmmm

(HogRac.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
HogRac.jpg (52KB - 1 downloads)

2018-03-30 12:56 PM
in reply to: #5240425

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Holy carp, Trumpy bear comes with a Certificate of Authenticity! Bet it reads something like “this POS was made in China”.
2018-03-30 12:56 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Laura is not worried. She had been thru a lot of controversy over the years and always comes out on top. The thing is, whomever is pulling Hogg's strings has lost sight of their cause/movement. This is all about Hogg now and has nothing to do with guns or school safety! He got hurt/offended because Laura 'mocked' him about his tweeting that he had been rejected at CA school. I have to admit I laughed when I read what he'd tweeted. Something along the lines of "....I am changing the world but I can't get into the college I want." Someone better relieve some pressure on that boy's lil haid before it explodes! Laura really didn't need to say anything. Just put his tweet out there and smile. It speaks for itself.

I'd bet O'Reilly wasn't too worried either. I think the count is up to nine advertisers that've bailed on her. It took about 50 before Bill was fired. We'll see how the weekend goes. If she stops the bleeding at nine, she'll be fine. If not...¯\_(?)_/¯

As for the Hogg kid, if he has half a brain then he should be trying to parlay this into whatever fame and money he can. Cause at the end of the day, nothing is going to happen in Washington. No one is losing their guns, nothing is getting banned, mental health is not being addressed, and the 2A is perfectly safe. Americans have a short attention span, and this news story is just about over. Until the next school shooting when the left starts crying again about how we need to ban "assault rifles" to protect the children and the right starts blaming mental health. If you haven't noticed, it's a bit of a cycle. 

2018-03-30 12:57 PM
in reply to: #5240687

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Wow, that’s kinda spooky Rog, do all lefties look the same to you guys?
2018-03-30 12:59 PM
in reply to: #5240689

User image

Expert
Floriduh
I agree Bob, DC is pretty feckless on this (and most) subjects. Gotta look to states to make some changes.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Student march Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Student walk out

Started by Rogillio
Views: 461 Posts: 6

2018-03-15 7:59 AM Left Brain

Students walk out......... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Left Brain
Views: 2190 Posts: 62

2018-02-26 8:53 AM Rogillio