General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wilmington, NC riders... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-13 4:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Subject: Wilmington, NC riders...
Hey gang we finally got moved down and things are starting to get sorted out pretty well...now I need someone to ride with...we moved in behind Independence Mall so if your close shoot me a PM so we can ride...or if you know of a group that rides in the area let me know...

I was about 5 minutes late for the Cape Fear Cyclist group ride that leaves from Flamin' Amy's last night and had to go on my own...I think I over did it as I have not been on the bike since Sept of last year...been kinda chicken after that kidney stone incident I had last year...but I did manage 16.34 miles at what I felt was a pretty good clip...the darn battery is dead in my Suunto so I have no idea the HR/speed...I just know I'm a little sore today :P...

I NEED some motivation so I will quit smoking these darn cigarettes again...ARRRGGGHHH

Anywho...if anyone is interested in riding let me know...may want to try me out on your recovery day when you won't be going wide open...I'm nowhere near in shape enough for that...hey...but at least its flat down here...LOL

Jonathan

2009-08-21 11:40 AM
in reply to: #2347227

Extreme Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Subject: RE: Wilmington, NC riders...
There are always people riding down at Wrightsville Beach.  Wednesday mornings at 6am there is generally a LARGE group.  The 'A' group is FAST but there are lots of riders at different paces that I am sure you could hang with!

Welcome to Wilmington!  Are you doing any part of the Hot 100 on Sept 6th?
2009-08-22 7:04 AM
in reply to: #2347227

User image

Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Subject: RE: Wilmington, NC riders...

Thanks for the welcome !!!...moving down at the start of hurricane season probably wasn't the smartest move though...I don't plan to attend the Hot 100 but have attended some of the group rides with CFC...they are a good bunch to ride with...I talked with a couple of the bike shops and one has a "drop" ride...speeds up to 35 mph...nothing like trying to hang on to a speeding train...might give that a go once my cardio (and legs) gets back up where it needs to be...

Edited by tiggere 2009-08-22 7:05 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wilmington, NC riders... Rss Feed