General Discussion Race Reports! » Americas Finest City Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Americas Finest City Half Marathon - Run

View Member's Race Log
San Diego, Ca
United States
74F / 23C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 37m
Overall Rank = 4839/5401
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 336/354
Pre-race routine:

Not much of a routine. Had to catch a bus from Balboa Park to Cabrillo National Monument. Race started at 7 but I was on the 5:45 bus which means I sat around for quite a bit. Had a Energy bar and water before the race.
Event warmup:

Light stretching
Run
  • 2h 37m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

Interesting run due to the hills.This was I had not done any hill runs prior to this race and paid for it. There was one decent hill at mile two but it was pretty much downhill or flat until mile 11. Once you hit downtown San Diego you started climbing the hills. I made all of them except for the last one which was about half mile long and by far the steepest. Had to walk a couple of times and my quads were singing.
What would you do differently?:

Hill training and need to start intervals
Post race
Warm down:

Walking around

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Weight. Even though I have dropped over 30 lbs since I started training in late Jan, I have quite a ways to go. However I am proud that I set a goal and accomplished it.

Event comments:

This was my first large race so I have limited experience on what I should expect from a race. I just know that most of the "free stuff" was gone by the time I had finished. Not anyones fault but mine. I need to get faster.

Last updated: 2005-07-14 12:00 AM
Running
02:37:00 | 13.1 miles | 11m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/354
Overall: 0/5401
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-08-16 7:12 PM

Veteran
Chula Vista, Ca
Subject: Americas Finest City Half Marathon

2005-08-16 7:33 PM
in reply to: #226854

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2005-08-16 11:45 PM
in reply to: #226854

Ft Leavenworth, KS
Subject: RE: Americas Finest City Half Marathon
Congratulations on setting your goal and achieving it!! I'm finding I enjoy looking back on all the training I've put in (and it's results) almost more than the race itself.

I know that feeling of showing up at the finish line and missing the good freebies (half marathon last October - all the good food was gone by the time I got there!)...
It's been a long road since then, and I finally finished a race before all the good stuff was consumed.

Keep up the great training!

Jason
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Americas Finest City Half Marathon Rss Feed