Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Pacific Rim Multisport.. anyone a member? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-02 1:18 PM

Subject: Pacific Rim Multisport.. anyone a member?

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd make my first post useful. Was looking into these tri clubs and I found through TriBC both Tri Cities and Pacific Rim. Tri Cities is so close to where I live but I looked at the website for Pac Rim and I like the sound of them although one problem is that I ahve no idea where the club are actually based/train? Any ideas?

I'll be joining one of the clubs this week so if anyone's a member then let me know and I'll be sure to say hello.

Matt   

2010-06-02 2:59 PM
in reply to: #2896948

Subject: RE: Pacific Rim Multisport.. anyone a member?
Hi Matt,

There is a few us from PR multisport on this site. Most of us are coached by them. The club has approx 50 members and typically ride out of pitt meadows. You certainly dont need to be coached to join but would say that the majority of the members are serious about the sport. Please dont take this as beginners arent welcome as there is everyone from a 10hour Ironman to a 16:30 ironman in the group. Great group of people and well organized. I was a member of Tricities just wasnt compatible to my schedule.

Contact Shaun Callighan or Anne Barnes for more info.

Cheers,
2010-06-02 7:08 PM

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the reply. I'll contact one of the names you mentioned and have a chat and see which one to join.

Matt
2010-06-02 7:52 PM

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
First of all, welcome to the forums!!

Second, I am a member of PRM as well. Like JMitch said, there's really a wide range of athletes that belong to the club. One of the benefits of being a part of the club is that the coaches are at most, if not all, of the workouts. You end up benefiting from the structure of the workout, etc. Most of the rides start by the Pitt Bridge or in Walnut Grove, swims at CCAC or Sasamat, and we're hopefully working on getting some runs together.

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask, or PM me.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Pacific Rim Multisport.. anyone a member? Rss Feed