Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Indoor Bike Trainer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-01-23 6:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Indoor Bike Trainer

I spent a few minutes searching previous forums but found nothing...maybe I gave up too easy and took the lazy way out....

How do most of you log your indoor trainer sessions in the training logs?  I have been using the log for about a week and have been listing it as a bike ride with no distance or pace; only the time.  Is that going to confuse things later.

I found the "stationary bike" entry down in the additional exercises but didn't consider that really the same since I am riding my actual bike/using aerobars/changing gears.  Just wondered what would work out best once the weather gets nicer and I start riding outside for real again.

Michael

2005-01-23 7:38 PM
in reply to: #107468

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Indoor Bike Trainer
Hi Michael, I was in the same situation as you about 2 months ago. I went about 3 weeks, just logging my time, but I'm a bit too anal to not know how far I'm riding. LOL I robbed the cheap bike computer from my old hybrid bike and rigged it to my rear wheel, so I can measure the distance, too. I had to rit the sensor up with some wire and spacers to move it close enough to the magnet on the rear wheel, but it works great, now. When I get a break in the weather, and I want to take it out on the road, I just coil up the wire and tuck the computer into my seat pack, so I don't have to re-do all my installation hard work.

After I had my distance logged for a few rides, I went back and entered an average pace for my previous rides to get an estimate of the distance. Other than my personal preference and curiosity, I don't think leaving out the distance will confuse anything. You won't be able to get pace data for your charts, but you can always estimate the distance if you have to.
2005-01-25 6:48 PM

User image

Regular
Hopewell, New Jersey
I have done the same thing as the above with buying a cheap cyclo computer from say Walmart or something and hooking it up to the rear wheel. It worked great for me last year through the Northeastern Winter. Still use it this year. You can get a little computer with basic functions for about 10 dollars or so. Good luck with your winter training! :-)
2005-01-26 1:28 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

I use the bike one at the top of the log and just make a not that it was on the BT instead of actual outdoor riding.

2005-01-26 1:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Guess that works.  Thanks for the advice from everyone.

Michael

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Indoor Bike Trainer Rss Feed