Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » City of Perth Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-07 12:17 AM

User image

Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: City of Perth
Hey
Is anybody looking at doing the City of Perth Olympic at the end of the month?
My whole training / racing this year is aimed at Busso - I know.... lots of training needed!  But I am also aiming to do the BRW and one of the Hillary's sprints.  I was going to fit an Oly in there as well, but not sure if I fancy the Point Walter bike & run course, which leaves the City of Perth.

The likelihood is that this is the only year I could do this as we're probably heading east later in the year so wouldn't pop back just for an Oly..!

However, it's a bit early for me in my training, so not sure if I should give it a go or not.  I'd love to do this, but not make a fool of myself   Just been for my first decent swim in ages so not long left to get swim fit but I know I can do the distances, just not confident in string them together this early in the year for me.  Shame it's not in March like last year...

Anybody else pondering????
Nigel

2010-01-08 1:36 AM
in reply to: #2599552

User image

Veteran
Perth
Subject: RE: City of Perth
ive signd up for it ... I am in the last 4 weeks of my Oly Programme which has the City of Perth as an A race for me. I am ready for it....my swimming has improved a lot so my confidence is up and I know the other distances well so it will be all about time with me. Anything under 2.40 and I will be happy as it's my first time at that distance. Should be a good race as the course is great!
2010-01-08 2:13 AM

User image

Expert
Perth, Australia
In about August last year, I had planned to do this but didn't get in all the training I needed in Winter/Spring. Life got in the way and I just haven't put in the miles (no discipline) . I'm sure there'll be lots of Oly distances to do overeast but then you might always be wondering how well you'd have gone. Dunno, only you can really make the call. Having come third from last in last weeks swim at Leighton, making an arse of oneself is not so bad ;-)
2010-01-09 10:09 PM
in reply to: #2602180

User image

Veteran
Melbourne
Might leave it this year, unless training goes so well in the next two weeks   And if there's still spots available.
It was never going to be my A race (that's Busso), but just something to tick off and say I've done it.  The Point Walter one doesn't have the same appeal to me for some reason.
2010-01-16 7:28 PM

User image

Perth, WA
Subject: City of Perth
I raced Bunbury in '07 with no training, finished in just over 3hrs and 2nd last overall but I still enjoyed the day. I will be racing Perth with 2 weeks training, not caring about time, just completing the distance.

There is Albany next month and also Pt walter. Pt Walter would be good because of the hills, it's a tough Olympic Tri and being 5 weeks out from Busso will give you some indication of how you will go for the Half.

My advice is, if you can go the distance, give it a go. Or if your over east, look for an Olympic Tri over there. Take it easy and enjoy the experience.
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Western Australia » City of Perth Rss Feed