Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Training for the Iron Mountain Sprint in Maple Ridge this June Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-02 11:21 AM

User image

Abbotsford
Subject: Training for the Iron Mountain Sprint in Maple Ridge this June
Hi,

This will be my first Triathlon sprint, I have been strictly Dieting for close to 2 years now and lost 110 pounds, with only 20 more pounds to go, I have been Training at the Local Rec Center, Usually early mornings, I have been focusing on my week spots ex. SWIMMING, Running Im ok but could use some more improvment, Cycling I have no problem, Its my strongest of the 3 as I ride close to 100km per week either it be on my road bike (Weather Permitting) or on the Spin Bike.

My question is, Im having a hard time trying to manage my work out times, My gym opens at 5:30am giving me about 60 minutes to do my thing before work, Im trying to work out a stable fitness plan that incorporates my weight training, swimming and running, I would like to give myself 1 to 2 days rest depending on the intensity of my workout days.

Im very new to this, and Im looking forward to your guys opinions

Thanks

If anyone can direct me to a proper routine that will help me going would be great

2011-03-02 1:08 PM
in reply to: #3379172

User image

Veteran
Abbotsford
Subject: RE: Training for the Iron Mountain Sprint in Maple Ridge this June
Contats! On the weight loss and your new venture. As far as I can remember there are a couple of free sprint distance plans on this site. As far as time and workouts go, this is a constant battle for most. Just lastnight I didn't start my trainer session till 11:30pm. My pool is he same as your 5:30. As I am not a morining person and have two kids most of my workouts and late. Goodluck and welcome to the club!
2011-03-02 1:56 PM

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
First, welcome to BT and the wonderful world of triathlons!!

Second, congrats on losing the weight and pushing yourself!

Third, it's gets to more of a challenge if you want to add weights in to your schedule on top of swimming, biking and running. But it also depends on how many times per week you want to do each one. And what your schedule looks like otherwise (ie. any days where you are busy either in the morning or evening? are you free on weekends?)
2011-03-02 2:18 PM

User image

Regular
North Vancouver, British Columbia
Welcome to BT... and the world of "no off season"

I'm a morning person.. and prefer to get my runs in before work or school..
This works well for shorter distance run training..

I save cycling & swimming for after work/school and evenings...

My background is swimming & running.. so I struggle with dedicating myself to "time in the saddle"..  glad I finally got a 'trainer' given the lousy weather this week

(no off season.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
no off season.jpg (15KB - 10 downloads)
2011-03-02 7:45 PM
in reply to: #3379572

User image

Abbotsford
VanCityJ - 2011-03-02 11:56 AM First, welcome to BT and the wonderful world of triathlons!! Second, congrats on losing the weight and pushing yourself! Third, it's gets to more of a challenge if you want to add weights in to your schedule on top of swimming, biking and running. But it also depends on how many times per week you want to do each one. And what your schedule looks like otherwise (ie. any days where you are busy either in the morning or evening? are you free on weekends?)

Im free in the mornings, from 5:30am-6:30am as for the Evenings Im off work at 3:15pm so I have a couple hours to do something after. But I prefer to do my thing in the morning, I have 1 kid (5 year old boy) that wants to play and hangout once i get home from work, Saturdays and Sunday Mornings I usually use these 2 days for more intense training as I have no time frame to work with.
2011-03-02 7:48 PM
in reply to: #3379634

User image

Abbotsford
Puddle Duck - 2011-03-02 12:18 PM Welcome to BT... and the world of "no off season"

I'm a morning person.. and prefer to get my runs in before work or school..
This works well for shorter distance run training..

I save cycling & swimming for after work/school and evenings...

My background is swimming & running.. so I struggle with dedicating myself to "time in the saddle"..  glad I finally got a 'trainer' given the lousy weather this week

I went to Military School when I was 17-20 back in Ontario I was in the best shape of my life, with daily Military training, once i got out of the program i got lazy and just let myself go, not till about 2 years ago I had enough and lost all the weight, So back then My background was Running, today I would say its Cycling, need to work on the swimming and Running

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Training for the Iron Mountain Sprint in Maple Ridge this June Rss Feed