UK Triathlon Forum England » Outlaw or Forestman - which would you travel overseas to do? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-02 4:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Outlaw or Forestman - which would you travel overseas to do?

I hope you don't mind someone from Tennessee hijacking your country's forum, but there's about an 80% chance that I will get to come over to England next summer, and I'd love to make a race-trip out of it. I've been looking online and in the magazines at iron-distance races, and I think I've got it narrowed down to two: Outlaw  or Forestman. 

For those of you who've raced either of these, I'd love to know what you thought of the course, the race organization, and the scenery. I like the idea of a tough course and an offroad run, hence my interest in the Forestman. However, I like how Outlaw is a larger race and seems to have a good "vibe" about it.

Thanks for the help!

2011-11-03 4:01 AM
in reply to: #3751424

User image

Regular
Essex, England
Subject: RE: Outlaw or Forestman - which would you travel overseas to do?
I cant comment on the forestman but have watched mates do the outlaw for the past 2 years and it looks like a great event. Good support and well run with a good route. They all enjoyed it and would do it again.
2011-11-03 7:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
England
I also don't know anything about Forestman, but have several friends who did Outlaw this year.  They're all going back to do it next year, and about 10 other people from our club are joining them.  From what everyone's told me it's really friendly, very well run and a good course.  Of the people who've done both they've all said that Outlaw beats IMUK.
2011-11-04 2:43 PM

User image

Master
Cumming, Georgia
I'm also coming from across the pond and I'm registered for Outlaw.  I've not done either one but I say do Outlaw so I have at least one other American doing it with me
2011-11-06 10:44 AM
in reply to: #3828991

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thanks for the responses! I think I'm leaning toward Outlaw....
2011-11-21 6:51 PM

User image

Veteran
eastleigh
I raced a half this year organised by the forest man race organisers and my half was on the same course. If u want tough then this is the race for you, check out the run course on their website. The team are fantastic and it had a much nicer feel to it than uk70.3 which I did this year too. Highly recommended, if your travelling this far for a race come race in the new forest and meet some wonderful people.

New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Outlaw or Forestman - which would you travel overseas to do? Rss Feed