General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Multisport Association Launched Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-09 12:07 PM

Phoenix, Arizona
Subject: Multisport Association Launched

The Multisport Association, or MSA, is now a reality. Based in the United States, the MSA hopes to help build and support relationships within the multisport community around the world.

Founder and webmaster of the MSA, Eric Swanson and his company have made every effort to make this dream possible and to offer the resources and services available on this website for free to ALL multisport enthusiasts with minimal and "hassle-free" advertising. As active membership to the MSA grows, Eric will be looking for volunteers to represent their areas of interest within the MSA. In the future, costs will be supported through donations, MSA website advertising, MSA sponsorships, and affordable membership fees. Until certain financial and organizational requirements are met, the MSA shall remain as an unregistered non-profit organization. You are welcome to inquire about how you can help!

http://www.gomultisport.com/

2005-03-09 8:47 PM
in reply to: #127309

Phoenix, Arizona
Subject: RE: Multisport Association Launched

Feel free to post any suggestions, comments, etc.  Feedback is the most powerful factor that will influence our future.

http://www.gomultisport.com/

Thank you,
Eric Swanson
Webmaster; Multisport Association

2005-03-09 10:51 PM
in reply to: #127645

User image

Master
Marietta, Ga

Is this something springing up as an alternative to the USAT?

2005-03-09 11:25 PM
in reply to: #127707

Veteran
Texas
Looks more like spam to me, but what do I know.
2005-03-09 11:41 PM

User image

Pro
Helena, MT
MsaWebmaster - 2005-03-09 10:07 AM

MSA hopes to help build and support relationships within the multisport community around the world.

What exactly is the function of the MSA? Can you explain it to us a little more specifically? Thanks!
2005-03-10 1:11 AM

Phoenix, Arizona

The Multisport Association was founded as the "Collegiate Triathlon Association". However, the needs expressed by membership suggested that all multisports should be included and the organization developed into the "College Multisport Association". This year, we have re-launched the website for everyone, keeping a keen focus on developing college multisport.

My personal hope is that multisport enthusiasts will embrace the MSA by offering their support through involvement, volunteered time, and financial generosity. Triathlon and multisport in general has continued to grow by leaps and bounds each year. Over the years, I have watched, with great anticipation and enthusiasm, as event management companies spring up in local towns, we gain international acceptance as an olympic sport, and lives continue to be drastically changed in positive ways.

I appreciate the skepticism "Drinking Buddy", but this idea... this organization is what YOU make of it.

"Motivated" - The MSA recognizes USA Triathlon as the governing body for triathlon and duathlon in the United States. "We" also recognize the grass-roots development of new multisports like "Aquabike" and its general support for Aquathon. We also recognize the growing need for equal representation as well as specialization within multisport. All politics aside, many multisport athletes will agree that USAT has its pros and cons. THAT IS EXACTLY why I founded the "Collegiate Triathlon Association"! As a team director of Arizona State University, I was influenced by the lack of resources available to the college, multisport athlete and desired to change it. Through perseverance and long discussions with team representatives and USA Triathlon, the Collegiate Triathlon National Championship became a stand-alone event after nearly 2 decades at the same location, regional championships grew, teams began to network and start their own race series, and USA Triathlon now offers college-specific programs, like the 2004 scholarships and training camps. When USA Triathlon is not offering a needed or desired resource or service, MSA will be there to either encourage them to do so, or to offer it themselves.

"kimj81" - I hope the responses above give you a better understanding of the MSA's mission. I recognize that the MSA does not yet represent multisport athletes abroad and, so, our "mission" remains flexible.

http://www.gomultisport.com/AboutTheMultisportAssociation.aspx

2005-03-10 1:36 AM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
It sounds like the organization has a long and substantial history...but this is not reflected in the website. When I clicked over, it just looked like a web database of links. My takeaway from services offered was that as a member, you can support the group. Huh?

Make the front page of your website deserving of your organization's great history, and you won't have to post long reply's here defending it against "spam".

Just a thought.

Suzanne
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Multisport Association Launched Rss Feed