General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Uk triathletes Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-03-17 12:34 PM

New user

Subject: Uk triathletes
Hi all. any uk based triathletes out there who want to say hi and talk tri etc.

2004-03-17 4:19 PM
in reply to: #12857

User image

New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Uk triathletes
I’m from the UK – but now longer based there. I was in east Grinstead before – where in surrey are you?
2004-03-17 8:21 PM

Not from the UK -- I did do a self led 3 week bike tour in England and Scotland...

But -- just want to welcome you to the site.

nancy

2004-03-20 9:58 PM

User image

Expert
England

Streaky

Just saw your message so thought I'd say hi - I live just north of Aylesbury, Bucks so it makes a change to have somebody on the same timezone and with the great UK weather!

Just back from 2 weeks in San Diego (hence the post at this time of the morning!) and have had great fun running/swimming outside at 7am in wonderful warm weather - not looking forward to digging out the winter gear for a jet-lag combatting run later this morning.

I'd be interested to know what events you're doing this year - I'm doing a series 3 sprint tri's around Milton Keynes which will be my first serious attempts at tri (serious = some training!) and have just heard I got a place on the London-Brighton cycle run which is now scaring the wotsits out of me. First event is May bank holiday and the training has tailed slightly last month or so and now to get kick started again.

Welcome to the board

Damon

2004-03-21 4:26 AM

New user

United Kingdom
Hi to everyone in the UK. I'm based in Faversham,Kent, I was wondering is there anyone local who would be interested in training with me, I need the motivation to get started on a proper routine, I have my training programme sorted but lack regularity. I hope possibly by July to take part in an age group sprint race. I'm 44 ex army I think I'm reasonably fitish, need to work on running, due to Parachuting accident.
2004-03-23 12:00 PM
in reply to: #13479

New user

Hey Damon, i have a plan to do a super sprint at Eton this year, like milton keynes i think its monthly so i am going for the June one. I may do a beginner tri at Reading in april, its a real shorty but may be good experience for transitions and just what to expect from these things etc. Can't wait though, really enjoying the training.

2004-03-23 12:36 PM

Hiya! I am also a fellow UK soon-to-be-triathlete.

I started running a bit last spring to help with my fitness in field hockey (yes, it worked!) and I love to swim which made me start thinking of triathlons......so, I decided to get a bike and I am now in the middle of training for my first triathlon. I am already signed up for the London Sprint Triathlon (July 31st) and will be signing up for the Eton Sprint in May. Anyone else doing these?

I am totally excited/nervous/anxious for my first triathlon, especially since the hockey season is coming to an end and I will be training mostly on my own now.

~Amy
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Uk triathletes Rss Feed