General Discussion Race Reports! » Route 66 Half Marathon, race across Kansas Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Route 66 Half Marathon, race across Kansas - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log
Galena, Kansas
United States
Route 66 Association of Kansas
39F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 43m 15s
Overall Rank = /52
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 2/8
Pre-race routine:

Try to stay warm ans talked alot with friends and met new runners.
Event warmup:

ready when I hit the line. I'm running 13 miles why would I want to prance around to warm up that's what the first mile is for!
Run
  • 1h 43m 15s
  • 13.06 miles
  • 07m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

My pace was good for the most part. started to slow in the last two miles. My main concern was trying to catch the guy ahead of me. I couldn't seem to get my pace up to get him.

What would you do differently?:

push a little harder on the last two miles regardless of the pain.
Post race
Warm down:

some walking. adn mild stretching. The wind picked up and trying to stay warm with sweaty clothes was not easy.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think my lack of a real good sleep, and not taking in enough carbs may have slowed me. I think I may have peaked early as two weeks ago I had a real good run where I felt like I was on the clouds.

Event comments:

Always a little kink in any race this one is no different. The awards ceremony was held outside in the wind. In years past they had it indoors. The door prizes are a little cheesy but the plaques/awards are cool I. Always a small turn out and real personal. Most every runner hits the "circut" around here so we mostly know each other. Always a good run and enjoyable. Freindly for sure. The only real drw back is they don't post the results so it's hard to see where you end up or the number of folks in your age group.

Last updated: 2008-11-16 12:00 AM
Running
01:43:15 | 13.06 miles | 07m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/8
Overall: 0/52
Performance: Average
Course: Thae Course is generally flat. There are some gentle climbs but only One major hill that is shor and steep. at the 11 mile mark. traffic even on a holiday weekend is normallly not that bad.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-11-29 7:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Frontenac , Kansas
Subject: Route 66 Half Marathon, race across Kansas
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Route 66 Half Marathon, race across Kansas Rss Feed