UK Triathlon Forum England » Xentis vs HED jet Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-14 7:50 AM

Subject: Xentis vs HED jet

Hi everybody,

I cannot believe that I got to this point and I am asking for any advice or experience with these wheels. I am building my new tri bike scott plasma and I am still missing racing wheels. I am now deciding between Xentis Mk1 and Hed Jet 90/60. I like both for several reasons: They are in my price range and both cost almost the same, they are available at my local dealers, they are very aero but still very light (xentis litlle lighter), I prefer clincher with alloy breaking surface (my personal choice after all types of wheels I was riding) and finally they both will look great on my Plasma. I am a lightweight rider with 5 ironman races finished and these wheels should be universal for all types of middle to long distance races and some nice-weather-trainings as well. 

Any advice helps. Thanks

Marthas

2009-01-14 9:25 AM
in reply to: #1906515

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boulder, CO
Subject: RE: Xentis vs HED jet

While i haven't used the Jet 90s, I have used Zipp/Hed/Xentis extensively.  Any would be fine for your uses.  If you don't have a powermeter then I think you'll get the best return on investment from a PowerTap with a wheel cover (to use when racing).

I've got a set of Xentis wheels in my basement (with tubs attached) that I'll be selling shortly -- PM me if you want more details.  The lightness you note is something that I found as well.  The wheels climb great.

g

New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Xentis vs HED jet Rss Feed