BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Lora's Just Us Girls Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2009-12-16 2:17 PM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
Subject: Lora's Just Us Girls Group - CLOSED

Name
Lora109/Lora

Story
I came to the sport of triathlon with absolutely no background in swimming, biking or running.  I could never even put my face in the water because I could not stand the water up my nose.  I was my high school track team’s equipment manager and honestly never thought I could run.  Biking?  Well, I hadn’t been on a bike since junior high.

With each passing birthday, staying fit became a higher priority.  I needed something extreme to keep me motivated and challenged, though, and nothing was fitting the bill.  One day, I saw an interview with Chef Rocco DiSpirito on the Today Show.  He said he’d been doing triathlons as of late.  I thought, “Hmm.  Triathlons.”

I did some research here on BT and realized this was something I really could do.  Sure it would be difficult, but it was attainable if I put in the work.

I’ve now found a new passion for this sport because it has brought to my attention the potential that had been lying within me this entire time I’d spent thinking I couldn’t.  I love talking about it, writing about it and encouraging others in it.

If you want, you can check out the video in my Profile.  It does a pretty good – albeit cheesy – job of telling my story.

(This will be my third season of triathlons, by the way.)

Family Status
Married with step-kids and 2 large dogs.

Current Training
I'm still trying to find my off season, winter groove. I'm only training about three days a week right now, but I'm doing an indoor tri for the first time next month, so that's really helping to get me energized. (During regular season, I have to make myself take rest days I love training so much!)

Last Year’s Races
4/18/09: Miami University Sprint Tri
6/27/09: Tri for the Cure Sprint Tri
8/2/09: East Fork Sprint Duathlon (Duathlons are WAY harder than tris, by the way.)
9/27/09: Toyota Challenge Olympic Tri
11/26/09: Friends of Wilmington Parks Turkey Trot 10K

This Year’s Races
1/9/10: Highland County YMCA Indoor Tri
6/6/10:  Deer Creek Olympic Tri
6/26/10: Tri for the Cure Sprint.  This was my very first race, so it'll always be on my list.
9/26/10: Toyota Challenge Half Iron

Weight Loss
I could still be cool with losing another 10 to 15; however, if I have to stay where I am and be able to enjoy the foods that I do, I’m okay with that.

What Will Make Me a Good Mentor
I absolutely love being a triathlete.  Throughout my journey, I’ve realized that I also have a passion for sharing in the joy and excitement others have on their journeys, too.

I have also been a member of four mentor groups over the last couple years on BT, so I understand what I like in a group and I hope to pay it forward.

Housekeeping
I'm keeping the group very small (5-8 women). Because I work full time, I want to make sure I can give everyone kick-butt attention.

So, if you'd like to come on board, just cut and paste my bio information into your Reply. Take out my stuff, of course, and replace it with your own.

Welcome!

Edited by Lora109 2009-12-21 6:47 AM

2009-12-17 7:04 AM
in reply to: #2562810

User image

Subject: RE: Lora's Just Us Girls Group - OPEN

Name
Lora109/Lora

Story
I came to the sport of triathlon with absolutely no background in swimming, biking or running.  I could never even put my face in the water because I could not stand the water up my nose.  I was my high school track team’s equipment manager and honestly never thought I could run.  Biking?  Well, I hadn’t been on a bike since junior high.

With each passing birthday, staying fit became a higher priority.  I needed something extreme to keep me motivated and challenged, though, and nothing was fitting the bill.  One day, I saw an interview with Chef Rocco DiSpirito on the Today Show.  He said he’d been doing triathlons as of late.  I thought, “Hmm.  Triathlons.”

I did some research here on BT and realized this was something I really could do.  Sure it would be difficult, but it was attainable if I put in the work.

I’ve now found a new passion for this sport because it has brought to my attention the potential that had been lying within me this entire time I’d spent thinking I couldn’t.  I love talking about it, writing about it and encouraging others in it.

If you want, you can check out the video in my Profile.  It does a pretty good – albeit cheesy – job of telling my story. 

Family Status
Married with step-kids and 2 large dogs.

Current Training
I'm still trying to find my off season, winter groove. I'm only training about three days a week right now, but I'm doing an indoor tri for the first time next month, so that's really helping to get me energized. (During regular season, I have to make myself take rest days I love training so much!)

Last Year’s Races
4/18/09: Miami University Sprint Tri
6/27/09: Tri for the Cure Sprint Tri
8/2/09: East Fork Sprint Duathlon (Duathlons are WAY harder than tris, by the way.)
9/27/09: Toyota Challenge Olympic Tri
11/26/09: Friends of Wilmington Parks Turkey Trot 10K

This Year’s Races
1/9/10: Highland County YMCA Indoor Tri
6/6/10:  Deer Creek Olympic Tri
6/26/10: Tri for the Cure Sprint.  This was my very first race, so it'll always be on my list.
9/26/10: Toyota Challenge Half Iron

Weight Loss
I could still be cool with losing another 10 to 15; however, if I have to stay where I am and be able to enjoy the foods that I do, I’m okay with that.

What Will Make Me a Good Mentor
I absolutely love being a triathlete.  Throughout my journey, I’ve realized that I also have a passion for sharing in the joy and excitement others have on their journeys, too.

I have also been a member of four mentor groups over the last couple years on BT, so I understand what I like in a group and I hope to pay it forward.

Housekeeping
I'm keeping the group very small (5-8 women). Because I work full time, I want to make sure I can give everyone kick-butt attention.

So, if you'd like to come on board, just cut and paste my bio information into your Reply. Take out my stuff, of course, and replace it with your own.

Edited by J.Jill 2009-12-17 7:08 AM
2009-12-19 11:57 AM

Hurry!  You're open!  I can't wait to join!
Pat
2009-12-19 11:59 AM

I see that youre forum is open Hurray!  I'm eager to get started :D
Hugs
Pat
2009-12-19 11:22 PM

Lora, I am hoping to be able to join your group. I have never done a triathalon, but want to do one just to prove to myself that I can. I began exercising about 6 months ago after not exercising for about 20 years. Now, I look forward to exercising each day and keep busy on the elliptical machine, treadmill, kickboxing, cycle class, Zumba dance, water aerobics, etc. I have lost 20 pounds since July by eating better and exercising and have about 20 more I want to lose for better health. I do not know how to breathe while swimming and don't have a race bike, but want to try a tri anyway. I have been married 23 years and have a 16 and 20 year old. My hubby and kids are my biggest supporters and fans on my 'get healthy' journey. I want to do a sprint tri in either July or August of 2010. I would love to be able to join your group and learn from you. Thank you...Lynn
2009-12-20 5:59 AM

User image

Lora, I get to see this!! I can't wait to start tooo!!!  How are we going to know what is going to happen. Ok I am so excited that I am going to Pee!! Thank you so much for this!!

2009-12-20 7:47 AM
in reply to: #2568650

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
kiowarose - 2009-12-19 12:59 PM I see that youre forum is open Hurray!  I'm eager to get started :D
Hugs
Pat

Hey, Pat! It's official. Just read the housekeeping part of my original post and let us read your story.  Welcome, welcome, welcome!

- Lora
2009-12-20 7:55 AM
in reply to: #2569388

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
lynns - 2009-12-20 12:22 AM Lora, I am hoping to be able to join your group. I have never done a triathalon, but want to do one just to prove to myself that I can. I began exercising about 6 months ago after not exercising for about 20 years. Now, I look forward to exercising each day and keep busy on the elliptical machine, treadmill, kickboxing, cycle class, Zumba dance, water aerobics, etc. I have lost 20 pounds since July by eating better and exercising and have about 20 more I want to lose for better health. I do not know how to breathe while swimming and don't have a race bike, but want to try a tri anyway. I have been married 23 years and have a 16 and 20 year old. My hubby and kids are my biggest supporters and fans on my 'get healthy' journey. I want to do a sprint tri in either July or August of 2010. I would love to be able to join your group and learn from you. Thank you...Lynn

Welcome aboard, Lynn, and welcome to BT! Congratulations on that weight loss. Exercising, and triathlon training in particular, is a way of life so big kudos to you on making those changes!

I didn't know how to breathe while swimming either, and I didn't have a "proper" bike until my second season. I wanted to finish a tri more than anything, though, and worked hard to find the tools to get me there.

Looking forward to being a part of your journey, Lynn, and again, welcome aboard!

- Lora
2009-12-20 7:56 AM
in reply to: #2569443

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
J.Jill - 2009-12-20 6:59 AM

Lora, I get to see this!! I can't wait to start tooo!!!  How are we going to know what is going to happen. Ok I am so excited that I am going to Pee!! Thank you so much for this!!

Ha ha. Well, Patricia, we're live so let's hear from you!    Welcome!

- Lora
2009-12-20 9:51 AM
in reply to: #2569500

User image

Ok my story I started working out when I signed up for a Marathon in 2007 and lost 67 lbs. and I am so much more fit than before. I don't ever want to get that way again ever! I fight with my weight all the time. So far I have kept it off.  I love the feeling you get when you worked so hard on something and you finished it. I believe it is time to try something that will challenge me. I have been playing with bricks and I love the way it feels so I believe I could do a mini tri. My swimming is ok I need to work on that one. The only thing about a tri is the open water part of the swim which in my mind I think there is something in the water that is going to bite me. So if anything is going to really hold me back it will be this! I have no problem with triding water and relaxing it is just the idea there is something in the water that can bite. If I can get over this there will be no problem.

I have a MT bike with thin tires so that is set. Running I have shoes and I have suite to swim in so I just need the help to get going.

I can't wait to get going on this and really get into a grove! Thank you Lora!
2009-12-20 9:56 AM
in reply to: #2569595

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
J.Jill - 2009-12-20 10:51 AM Ok my story I started working out when I signed up for a Marathon in 2007 and lost 67 lbs. and I am so much more fit than before. I don't ever want to get that way again ever! I fight with my weight all the time. So far I have kept it off.  I love the feeling you get when you worked so hard on something and you finished it. I believe it is time to try something that will challenge me. I have been playing with bricks and I love the way it feels so I believe I could do a mini tri. My swimming is ok I need to work on that one. The only thing about a tri is the open water part of the swim which in my mind I think there is something in the water that is going to bite me. So if anything is going to really hold me back it will be this! I have no problem with triding water and relaxing it is just the idea there is something in the water that can bite. If I can get over this there will be no problem.

I have a MT bike with thin tires so that is set. Running I have shoes and I have suite to swim in so I just need the help to get going.

I can't wait to get going on this and really get into a grove! Thank you Lora!

That is an incredible weight loss! I understand how you feel about the being bitten thing, but I don't think I've ever read a post here on BT or on www.gotribalnow.com or in various blogs about it happening, so - in my purely anecdotal opinion - the chance is rare. Maybe you could look for a tri with an indoor pool swim with the bike and run outside?

2009-12-20 11:40 AM
in reply to: #2569600

User image

That is what I am going to look for next year!! Indoor pool!
2009-12-20 2:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Madison
Lora -

I would love to join your group. Don't have time to write a lot right now but will follow up soon - I promise.  This is my second year of tris - started with two sprints last year and my goal is to do two sprints and an Oly this year.  I too come from a non - run/bike/swim background, but I am starting to love each one more and more.

Anyways - can I be part of your group?

-Amy (amykmo)
2009-12-20 2:40 PM
in reply to: #2569895

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
amykmo - 2009-12-20 3:29 PM Lora -

I would love to join your group. Don't have time to write a lot right now but will follow up soon - I promise.  This is my second year of tris - started with two sprints last year and my goal is to do two sprints and an Oly this year.  I too come from a non - run/bike/swim background, but I am starting to love each one more and more.

Anyways - can I be part of your group?

-Amy (amykmo)

Amy, welcome aboard. Your spot is reserved.  Looking forward to reading more about your background when you get a chance.

- Lora
2009-12-20 2:48 PM

User image

St. Clair Shores, MI
Hi Lora,

I am a 42 year old woman and have never done a triathalon.  I am planning for one in June but I have no idea what I am getting into!!  I hate running and am not a very strong swimmer.  My friends and family think I am kinda nuts for doing this.   They are supportive but I could really use some advice and encouragement.

I would absolutley love to join your group!  I just joined this website so I am still trying to figure out what my next step is.  Please let me know if I can be in your group.

Thanks!

Jeri
2009-12-20 4:30 PM
in reply to: #2569920

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
jgrigg - 2009-12-20 3:48 PM Hi Lora,

I am a 42 year old woman and have never done a triathalon.  I am planning for one in June but I have no idea what I am getting into!!  I hate running and am not a very strong swimmer.  My friends and family think I am kinda nuts for doing this.   They are supportive but I could really use some advice and encouragement.

I would absolutley love to join your group!  I just joined this website so I am still trying to figure out what my next step is.  Please let me know if I can be in your group.

Thanks!

Jeri

Jeri, welcome to the group and to BT! Joining a mentor group is really the best way to get involved on this site, in my humble opinion. Just jump back on, cut and paste my info and swap in your own to tell us about yourself.  Six months is plenty of time to train for a tri, so you've got time on your side.

Again, welcome!

2009-12-20 8:00 PM

Hey Lora and group... I'm interested in learning and sharing experiences with this group if possible... In the past 3 years I've lost just over 55 pounds and have gotten the "fitness bug".  I completed one sprint tri last April and looking forward to doing 2 - 3 this spring/summer with the first May 1st-- I only do sprints right now.  I'd like to do better as last year I didn't have a clue.  I love the bike, need to swim better and increase my running pace... so I'm anxious to learn from everyone...  My plan is to start training in January... swimming again by the third week of January... really interested in nutrition advice, hints, favorites, recommendations etc.  AND encouragement.  Ideally I'd like to loose final 20 pounds through this experience.

2009-12-20 8:56 PM
in reply to: #2570234

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
sliska - 2009-12-20 9:00 PM

Hey Lora and group... I'm interested in learning and sharing experiences with this group if possible... In the past 3 years I've lost just over 55 pounds and have gotten the "fitness bug".  I completed one sprint tri last April and looking forward to doing 2 - 3 this spring/summer with the first May 1st-- I only do sprints right now.  I'd like to do better as last year I didn't have a clue.  I love the bike, need to swim better and increase my running pace... so I'm anxious to learn from everyone...  My plan is to start training in January... swimming again by the third week of January... really interested in nutrition advice, hints, favorites, recommendations etc.  AND encouragement.  Ideally I'd like to loose final 20 pounds through this experience.

Come on board, Stephanie. Congrats on the weight loss and on finishing your first tri! Just cut and paste my bio information and insert it with your own in a reply and we'll be ready. Have a good night!

- Lora
2009-12-20 9:28 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, IN

Name
amyleigh/Amy

Story
I also came to the sport of triathlon with no previous experience in biking or swimming.  I had just a little experience running but nothing over 6 miles.  My younger brother trained for and completed his first Ironman last year in AZ.  He kept after me to run the Indy 500 mini marathon.
I told him there was no way I could run 13 miles.  But I finally accepted the challenge and signed up.  It made me feel so nervous I almost felt sick!  He gave me a training plan and I got busy.  Last May I ran the Indy mini marathon and finished even with a bad leg.  My brother also gave me a transition bag and goggles the night before the mini and told me I should start swimming and I could do the Terre Haute tri with him at the end of May.  I thought he was crazy.  But I thought I might as well "tri." lol  I got a road bike, strated riding and started swimming.  I completed the Terre Haute Tri and I was the last person to finish but I finished!  Then I completed the Sprint portion of the Muncie Endurathon in July.  I volunteered at Ironman Louisville because my brother was a participant.  I got the bug and signed up.  Oh No!!!  I traded in my road bike for a tri bike.  Next I completed a duathlon in September.  Then my brother also participated in Ironman Florida.  I went as a spectator.  It was so exciting and motivating! This past Sat. I just ran a 5k.  Somedays I feel so excited that I have signed up to complete an Ironman and other days I think to myself..."What have I done?"  I really enjoy the training and the challenge.  I have even encouraged a few of my friends to sign up and train for the mini! 

I work full time teaching first grade.  I recently coached a Girls on the Run team at the elementary school where I teach.  We completed a 5k with the girls in November.   It's great to be able to train in the summer and not have to worry about going to work!

Family Status
Married with 2 very active boys 13 and 15.  We stay very busy with soccer, basketball and hockey.  We also have a beagle named Blizzy.

Current Training
Right now just keeping my base and working on my swim.  I  usually swim mornings before work.  Then I can run or bike in the evenings.  My biking is on my trainer during the cold winter weather.  My real training plan goes in effect Dec. 28th. 

Last Year’s Races
May 7, 2009 Indy 500 Mini Marathon
May 30, 2009 Terre Haute Triathlon
July 11, 2009 Muncie Endurathon Sprint
September 17, 2009 Bad to the Bone Duathlon
November 14, 2009 Run in the Park 5k
December 19, 2009 5ks of Christmas

This Year’s Races
May 2010 Indianpolis 500 Mini Marathon
May 2010 Terre Haute Tri
July 2010 Muncie Endurathon 70.3
August 2010 Louisville Ironman

I would love to be a part of this group! 

2009-12-20 11:00 PM

User image

Regular
Chicago
Hi, It looks like you are just filling up. Can I get in under the wire? I would love to be part of an all-female group and I have found a lot of inspiration from the BT site.

Name
Skywashed/Marcy

Story
This will be my third season doing triathlons. So far I have only done sprints, due to time constraints and injuries, but I would like to do an Olympic this year.

I am 35, a single mom and I work full time. The first year I took on triathlon training mainly just to see whether I could get the training in around my other responsibilities.  I was surprised at how much I could do and how much I enjoyed the training. (I actually don't enjoy the racing so much Lora, I can really relate when you say you love the training!

Last year it was mainly about seeing how much I could do in spite of a shoulder and knee injury. 

Family Status
Single mom living in Chicago with 6 yr old daughter.

Current Training
I've been really out of the swing. I started taking a grad class at night and its eating up all my free time for training. Also, I just had shoulder surgery on Monday. My immediate plan is to get through the 9-14 wks of physical therapy and back in the pool again.

Last Year’s Races
March: Shamrock Shuffle 8k
May: Galena Duathlon
June: Prairie Sprint Triathlon (Rockton IL)
August: Pleasant Prairie Duathlon 
October: Go Go Green 5k 

This Year’s Races
I haven't decided yet. Contemplating an indoor tri as soon as my shoulder heals. Would like to do Pleasant Prairie or Kickapoo Valley Reserve again.

2009-12-20 11:32 PM

User image

Veteran
Canton, Michigan

I think I might be too late. Looks like you already have 8. Is there still room for me? I would love to be a part of this group.

Karen

2009-12-21 6:02 AM

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
Name
Mandy

Story
I was pretty athletic in high school and college but after college kind of got out of athletics. I have always been active, I am a whitewater raft guide, an avid skier, and work as a forester. I tend to dive into things full on and I started running when I was around 31 because I started gaining weight, and didn't really want to drastically change my eating habits, so I figured I should get more active. I decided I needed motivation to train, so I signed up for a marathon having never run a road race of any kind. I finished that race and since then have run 3 more marathons.

But after my last marathon (Goofy Challenge 2008) I completely lost interest in running. I developed this dislike for running that I have never had, so I just stopped. I hadn't really biked much and so I got a hybrid bike and started biking some, but not really training, I would call it more recreational riding. I liked the road bike my friend had and got one second hand this spring. I have always been interested in triathlon, but never signed up because I was nervous about the swim. I finally bit the bullet and signed up for my first sprint in June 2009, did the race, and was hooked. Through training this summer, I fell in love with open water swimming, continued to improve on my bike, and came around to really liking running again.

2010 will be my second tri season.

Family Status
Not married but have a big dog and a great guy.

Current Training
I am swimming 1x/week (closest pool is 1hr15min away, and the lake is frozen), biking on trainer 3-4x/week, and running 3x/week. I am trying to maintain my base so I can really build this spring and summer.

Last Year’s Races
6/07/09: Pirate Triathlon (sprint)
8/2/09: Bethel Triathlon (sprint)
9/19/09: Lobsterman Triathlon (Olympic)

This Year’s Races
2/7/10 Mid-Winter 10 Mile Classic (road race)
5/8/10 Polar Bear Tri (sprint)
5/16/10 Sugarloaf Marathon
6/13/10 Pirate Triathlon
8/22/10 Timberman HIM

• ..that is as far as I have gotten in planning, but I might do Lobsterman again in Sept.

• Weight Loss
    I could still be cool with losing another 10 to 15; however, if I have to stay where I am and be able to enjoy the foods that I do, I’m okay with that. Yeah, me too.
    2009-12-21 10:50 AM

User image

Master
    Loveland, Ohio
    Subject: RE: Lora's Just Us Girls Group - CLOSED
    Hey, ya'll! I'm at work right now, but I just wanted to officially close the group. We've got ten (10) awesome women on board and I think we're ready to go.

I'll respond to the latest posts after work this evening.

Thanks,
    Lora
    2009-12-21 8:18 PM
    in reply to: #2569995

User image

St. Clair Shores, MI

Name
    jgrigg/Jeri

Story
    I have always been fairly active, but never competed in anything but team sports.  Following my husband's lead, I started running in 5K races a few years ago.  Although I always enjoy participating, running has never been a passion of mine.  Two years ago I bought a road bike and found my real passion...cycling.  I have done many charity rides and have completed 2 Century rides (100 miles). 

I am interested in a triathalon because I think it would be such a challange.  I would like to learn to be a better swimmer and perhaps training for a triathalon will help me enjoy running more.

Family Status
    Married with 1 teenaged daugher.

Current Training
    1 hour spin class, once a week.
    30 minutes running, once a week.
    30 minutes swimming, once a week.
    1 hour or so on bike trainer, once a week
    1 hour stregth training, twice a week
    Wallyball team, 1-2 hours, once a week.
    Walking, 45 minutes, 5 days a week (I watch my soap opera while on the treadmill!)
    I LIKE VARIETY!!!

Last Year’s Races
    Hmmm....can't remember specifics, but here's a guess:

Sept., 2009: 100 mile Century bike ride
    May, 2009: 50 mile charity bike ride
    May, 2009: 5k run
    July, 2009: 5k run
    Sept. 2009: 5k run

This Year’s Races

May, 2010: St. Clair Shores 5k
    June, 2010: Belle Isle Sprint Triathalon
    Sept. 2010: Peach of Ride Century Bike Ride

Weight Loss
    Right now I am pretty active but am still about 8 pounds heavier than I am during the warmer months.  I would like to drop that weight BEFORE the spring and summer months, rather than during.  I always feel like I can do more when I am not lugging around extra pounds.

Housekeeping

I work full time and have a husband who works out of State so most of the daily household things are my responsibility.  Most of my spare time is spent at the gym or going to my daughter's school or sporting events.

I really am looking forward to getting to know some new people through this program.  I think that sharing the ups and downs of training with others will be helpful.  I am hoping for encouragement and advice, but at the same time hope that I can motivate others in the group.  I have read about some of the other gals and think that their stories are terrific.

Thank you for having me Lora!

2009-12-21 8:40 PM
    in reply to: #2570348

User image

Master
    Loveland, Ohio
    Subject: RE: Lora's Just Us Girls Group - CLOSED
    amyleigh - 2009-12-20 10:28 PM

Name
    amyleigh/Amy

Story
    I also came to the sport of triathlon with no previous experience in biking or swimming.  I had just a little experience running but nothing over 6 miles.  My younger brother trained for and completed his first Ironman last year in AZ.  He kept after me to run the Indy 500 mini marathon.
    I told him there was no way I could run 13 miles.  But I finally accepted the challenge and signed up.  It made me feel so nervous I almost felt sick!  He gave me a training plan and I got busy.  Last May I ran the Indy mini marathon and finished even with a bad leg.  My brother also gave me a transition bag and goggles the night before the mini and told me I should start swimming and I could do the Terre Haute tri with him at the end of May.  I thought he was crazy.  But I thought I might as well "tri." lol  I got a road bike, strated riding and started swimming.  I completed the Terre Haute Tri and I was the last person to finish but I finished!  Then I completed the Sprint portion of the Muncie Endurathon in July.  I volunteered at Ironman Louisville because my brother was a participant.  I got the bug and signed up.  Oh No!!!  I traded in my road bike for a tri bike.  Next I completed a duathlon in September.  Then my brother also participated in Ironman Florida.  I went as a spectator.  It was so exciting and motivating! This past Sat. I just ran a 5k.  Somedays I feel so excited that I have signed up to complete an Ironman and other days I think to myself..."What have I done?"  I really enjoy the training and the challenge.  I have even encouraged a few of my friends to sign up and train for the mini! 

I work full time teaching first grade.  I recently coached a Girls on the Run team at the elementary school where I teach.  We completed a 5k with the girls in November.   It's great to be able to train in the summer and not have to worry about going to work!

Family Status
    Married with 2 very active boys 13 and 15.  We stay very busy with soccer, basketball and hockey.  We also have a beagle named Blizzy.

Current Training
    Right now just keeping my base and working on my swim.  I  usually swim mornings before work.  Then I can run or bike in the evenings.  My biking is on my trainer during the cold winter weather.  My real training plan goes in effect Dec. 28th. 

Last Year’s Races
    May 7, 2009 Indy 500 Mini Marathon
    May 30, 2009 Terre Haute Triathlon
    July 11, 2009 Muncie Endurathon Sprint
    September 17, 2009 Bad to the Bone Duathlon
    November 14, 2009 Run in the Park 5k
    December 19, 2009 5ks of Christmas

This Year’s Races
    May 2010 Indianpolis 500 Mini Marathon
    May 2010 Terre Haute Tri
    July 2010 Muncie Endurathon 70.3
    August 2010 Louisville Ironman

I would love to be a part of this group! 

Well, look at you all signed up for an Ironman! That's AWESOME, Amy! I think having your brother in your life to encourage you will be an incredible asset to your IM training.

I always say that dead last (held that title before myself) is better than having never started, so good for you!  GOTR is such a terrific organization, by the way. Thanks for being so involved in it!

Welcome aboard, Amy!
    New Thread
    BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Lora's Just Us Girls Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 11