UK Triathlon Forum England » Outlaw Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-06 3:12 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Outlaw Triathlon
Is anyone else doing the Outlaw Triathlon in August 2010?

2010-01-07 9:10 AM
in reply to: #2598563

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Outlaw Triathlon
yep - I'm doing it.

Will be my second Ironman after doing Austria last year.
2010-01-07 2:48 PM
in reply to: #2599969

User image

New user

Well, it's my first Ironman distance event. I've completed several marathons and Olympic distance triathlons, but never an Ironman. Training plan kicks in next week!
2010-01-07 3:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Good stuff - I'm sure with the base fitness you have from your tri career to date and your marathon background you will reach your goal.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Which training plan are you using?
2010-01-08 3:23 PM
in reply to: #2601222

New user

Hi,

Butting in here guys but I recently opened my wallet , dusted off some old white notes and entered the UK Ironman in Bolton. I am on day three of the BT Ironman plan and can already see the advantages having not trained to a plan before.
First Ironman
Either of you using the BT plan?

Chris
2010-01-09 9:02 AM

User image

New user

I'm using a modified version of the Competitive Training plan from Don Finks Be Iron Fit:

http://tinyurl.com/be-iron-fit

Don Fink cuts to the core of this huge topic. His vast experience in racing & coaching combined with his uncanny ability to keep things simple produces a mighty fine book. His tried and tested ideas will get you IronFit without having to give your entire life over to it. He avoids any over-kill of science & complexity, the result is an easy to understand super effective training & racing game plan.

I like Be Iron Fit as it distills the theory into a workable program which is based around the time you have available to train. It also seems to be planned out in a very sensible manner.

I've changed the swimming drills to the ones recommended by Total Immersion swimming. As my Ironman distance event isn't until August 2010 I'm focusing for a few months on purely my technique not distance. Also, I've beefed-up the running element as I’ve entered the Edinburgh Marathon in May 2010; it’s a great marathon which I’ve done a couple of times before.

New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Outlaw Triathlon Rss Feed