Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-12 3:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Subject: ordering from the US

Hello BC Bt'ers

I wanted to ask if anyone had ever ordered from a co. called JensonUSA.com
They have an item on sale for a very low price, and I wondered if it would be worthwhile ordering, given the cost of shipping and then any taxes duty etc....
I have emailed them to ask for a total price including the aforementioned,  but wondered if anyone had any experience, good or bad, with them, or with any other US website.....

Or,  does anyone know of a local cycle shop with  ridiculously low prices for drivetrain parts?? I need a crankset, fr and rr derailleurs, brakes, and a cassette for a frame I recently got. It originally had Ultegra, but I am fine with 105...

thanks

2010-01-12 9:28 AM
in reply to: #2609025

User image

Expert
Pitt Meadows, BC
Subject: RE: ordering from the US
I actually just ordered some parts from Jenson for my new bike as well. I had a great experience with them. There was one part that was on back order and they gave me the option of separating the shipment or just waiting. They gave me constant updates and made sure that my order was still waiting and not forgotten.

I couldn't find it anywhere near the same price so it was worth the wait!
2010-01-12 9:44 AM

User image

Master
Seattle, California
I ordered stuff from them a few years ago and had a good experience.  You might also want to check out "probikekit".  They ship from the UK and I have always had amazing service from them.  You will be hard pressed to find tires much cheaper. 
2010-01-12 11:52 PM

User image

Veteran
I have ordered brake/gear cables and housing. Great price, and the product was also great.

No problems for me. In my case I had it sent to the states, since I was going on a trip, and picked it up from NY. Otherwise I would have it sent to Point Roberts, which is Washington, and therefore not an "international" shipment.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » ordering from the US Rss Feed