General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM TX volunteers needed! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-24 10:55 AM

User image

Queen BTich
Subject: IM TX volunteers needed!

Some of you probably saw the Iron Distance forum thread asking for aid station ideas for IMTX as the non-profit, Team RWB. The Team will be manning run aid station #4 for you!  Our group, Team Red, White, and Blue, is a wounded veteran support organization based around endurance racing!  Anyhow, you'll be hearing much more about us (I am your go-to gal for this) as BT has awesomely stepped up and partnered with us (BT=most amazing community EVER!)!  That being said, if you have friends or family that would like to volunteer for part of the day please consider having them join us at our aid station! They'll be out there cheering anyway, so why not cheer on all the athletes at an aid station too! Since it's a looped run course, tons of exposure time!

We still need more volunteers so we ensure it's the BEST for you! They can register for our aid station at http://www.doitsports.com/volunteer2/join-protected-group.tcl?event_id=212474. Select “Team Red, White & Blue” from the drop down menu, and what shift you/they want to work. The case-sensitive password is: teamRWB. If you have a question, send myself or Brittany (TexasMPGal) a message. She is heading up the aid station.

We'll be putting on a Team RWB celebration dinner w/ some fun raffle prizes (many tri-related!) early evening the Sunday after the race and we'll get you all the info on that too.  Two of our RWB pro-triathletes, Tim O'Donnell and Jessica Jacobs, will be out there racing with you and joining us for dinner too.

Keep rocking your training knowing that each time you dig down deep you are putting in an investment that will not only pay off on race day, but can do so in life too. I read this quote today, "Triathlon is a sport of determination. It's like napalm for 'I can't."'

2011-04-09 6:37 AM
in reply to: #3412301

User image

Regular
Circle Pines
Subject: RE: IM TX volunteers needed!

BUMP

This is going to be a phenomenal weekend!  We're going to have the best aid station on the course, our athletes are going to rock the race and then we're going to put together a top notch banquet on sunday evening for all athletes, volunteers, veterans and families.  I highly encourage you all to get involved with Team RWB be a part of our events at Ironman Texas!

2011-04-17 11:30 PM

User image

New user

The Woodlands, Texas
Would love to be am already signed up as a volunteer for the VIP tent and aid station #9 on the bike!
2011-05-16 10:20 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley

It can't be said enough - thank you to all the volunteers!!! I'll be racing, and looking forward to seeing Team RWB a few times!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM TX volunteers needed! Rss Feed