United States
Total Time = 33m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = bunny division
Age Group Rank = 1/2
Pre-race routine:

two diet cokes on the drive over.
Event warmup:

Wait around for about 20 minutes waiting for the start.
Run
  • 33m
  • 3.52 miles
  • 09m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a lot more fun than I expected. I thought there would be more people in costumes than there was. In my wave Johna and I were the only ones I saw dressed up (and she did not have her basket and ditched the Peeps necklace pretty quickly). The basket full of eggs was probably a bad idea in hindsight. Eggs were flying everywhere. I think I had lost them all the first quarter mile. The Peeps necklace did not hold up very well, I left a trail of Peeps on the coarse. I lost my tail going through the water the first time. My Garmin also died after the first water - I did not even get it wet, I was holding my baskets and rabbits to my chest, so I don't know what happened, but I am not happy. I was faster than I thought I would be on the run, I kept catching and passing Johna's fast friend between each obstacle, but she (and everyone else) was faster through the obstacles than I was. THey were pretty easy for the most part, but I was slow climbing down from all of them, I did not want to jump. The parts after the water were pretty slick, I managed to run through the first one, but after the second water, the mud was pretty deep. My shoe got sucked off and it was hard to get it back on. A couple people were taking it way to seriously and were upset being passed by a bunny.

The obstacles were no where as hard as they wanted you to think. Mostly climbing up and down things. A couple where you crawled under/through something. Through about 4 ft deep water twice - the second time you had to climb over about 6 logs. Through tires and over a car and more tires (that one was fun). Jump over two fires, The finale was through a mud pit with barbed wire over it. The hardest part was not falling when running through the mud after the two water obstacles.
What would you do differently?:

Remember where I parked. I think it took more time to find my car than do the run.
Post race
Warm down:

Try to get clean. The procedure for getting your free beer was way to difficult. Since it's in a dry county you needed a unicard, so you needed your license. Too much hassle to go to the bag check to get it. They should have done that and given the wrist bans at the packet pick up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Bunny ears and a basket full of eggs.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-02-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:33:00 | 03.52 miles | 09m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/2
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race