YMCA
64F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 34m 48s
Overall Rank = 1/10
Age Group = 20-29
Age Group Rank = 1/4
Pre-race routine:

I recieved call the evening before that my start time was at 10:15 in the morning. Much later than my usual races where I've got the fastest seed time. I was actually able to sleep in a bit. Had my usual breakfast as soon as I woke up, toast, peanut butter, OJ, and banana. Didn't have to wait long for that to run through my system. Packed my bag, filled my water bottles and was off. Thirty minute drive to Hutchinson, listened to Madonna the whole way.
Event warmup:

Didn't have much time to do a warm-up. The bikes were all being used by the heat in front of me, so I didn't get to test it. The weather was too nasty to go outside and run. I did get in a 200 free before the swim.
Swim
  • 06m 29s
  • 500 yards
  • 01m 18s / 100 yards
Comments:

It was a great pool. I didn't have anyone to really swim against which was nice because I was just concerned about my pace and my breathing. I of course would like to have swam faster, but I was happy with it.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

The transistions were not timed at this event. We were allowed up to 5 minutes to change and get to the next event. I didn't know what to do with myself so I just did everything the same but at a slower pace. It was nice to actually dry my feet off and my face after the swim. But I shouldn't get to comfortable with it.
Bike
  • 15m 28s
  • 6 miles
  • 23.28 mile/hr
Comments:

The stationary bike was different than what I've had in the past. I guess it was good in a way that I didn't get to try the bike first because sometimes I have a tendency to over think things. I set the seat one level too high, but it was comfortable enough and I didn't rock back and forth. I had a fast cadence and got done quickly.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Again, they weren't timed. I put my waterbottle back with my stuff, dried off my face, and prepared for the cold outdoor run. Kept my heart rate somewhat elevated.
Run
  • 12m 51s
  • 1.6 miles
  • 08m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

It was cold and windy outside, plus I had on my wet Tri Suit. My body temp definatly didn't get too high. I was really impressed with my run time until I found out that it wasn't a full two miles but 1.6 miles instead. So my pace was pretty slow. I would've tried to go faster if I knew that was how slow I was going. Pretty missleading.
Post race
Warm down:

Couldn't do much since there wasn't a treadmill available, a lane to get in or a bike open. I just took a long hot shower.

Event comments:

It was different from the other indoor Tri's I've done. Not timing the transitions threw me off a little bit, so I couldn't compare times with past races. The course being short on the run also was a bit aggravating. I would've like to have know that run was outside, I wouldn've dressed more appropriatly for it. But overall, the staff was very enthusiastic, the awards were cool, and it was a fun morning.

Last updated: 2006-02-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:06:29 | 500 yards | 01m 18s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/4
Overall: 0/10
Performance:
Suit: Tri Suit
Course: Indoor pool, own lane. It was a great pool.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Shot
Water temp: 72F / 22C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:15:28 | 06 miles | 23.28 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Stationary bike.
Road:   Cadence: 89
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:12:51 | 01.6 miles | 08m 02s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: The course was outside, running to the track marked by orange cones, ran 5 times around the track and then back to the starting point.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes