The Running Factory
-5C / 23F
Sunny
Total Time = 21m 54s
Overall Rank = 87/395
Age Group = M 30-34
Age Group Rank = 15/32
Event warmup:

Two friends, Jake and Steve, came to my place, we jogged over to the RF from here. By the time the race started, I was getting cold.
Run
  • 21m 54s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 23s  min/km
Comments:

Not a good race. I wish I had been able to keep warmer. I ran at a good pace, but couldn't get warm. The cross wind kept my fingers and nose cold until 4.5 km. I had some serious side stitches from 4 km on. I just never felt comfortable, I didn't have that race instinct. I wanted to catch some of my pacers, but just couldn't make the move. My goal was 22 minutes or better, so I'm happy with my time, but I wish it had been a better run.
What would you do differently?:

I've got to find a solution to eating and running in the mornings. I ate 2 hours before the run, a bagel & a banana, but just felt my gut getting worse the whole time.

The wind really made dressing tricky for me. Ususally I end up wearing too many layers, today I probably had one to few. Another layer on top and a second pair of golves would have helped me feel more comfortable.
Post race

Last updated: 2006-03-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:21:54 | 05 kms | 04m 23s  min/km
Age Group: 15/32
Overall: 87/395
Performance: Below average
Course: Out & back along Riverside Dr. There was a stiff cross wind the entire way.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?