Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Newbie looking for tri club & advice Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-05 6:09 PM

New user

Subject: Newbie looking for tri club & advice

Hello,

I am a newbie. I did the Subaru Vancouver 1/2 IM relay last year (biking).  Now I am looking to do my first triathlon.  Should I plan for Olympic or Sprint?

Second question: I am interested to join a tri club. Any recommendations in the Vancouver area? Is it best to join a tri club or separate run/bike/swim clubs?

Thanks Laughing

2012-01-05 10:11 PM
in reply to: #3973713

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-01-09 12:01 PM
in reply to: #3973713

New user

Subject: RE: Newbie looking for tri club & advice

Hi, and welcome!

It's great that you've already had some experience in tri as part of a relay team.  And if you can bike the 90k, I imagine there's no reason you wouldn't have enough endurance to do an Oly.  For me, I did my first tri last year at UBC.  For me, I chose the sprint distance because the swim was the thing I was most worried about.

Tri clubs in Vancouver: there are a lot of them.  I'm a member of the North Shore Tri Club, which is more of a social club than a coaching club.  We do rides Wednesday and Saturday starting in the spring, and more importantly, pub nights every month

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Newbie looking for tri club & advice Rss Feed