Other
Hebraica
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 04m 35s
Overall Rank = 449/995
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 128/252
Pre-race routine:

Yesterday...Had huge pasta lunch, as well as a calzone for dinner...ate way too much! Had some stomach "issues" during the race.

Ate banana, had some water and drank a cup of chamomille this morning.

Event warmup:

Walked for 30 min. with girlfriend and then stretched; jogged for 10 min. and stretched again.
Run
  • 1h 04m 35s
  • 12.5 kms
  • 05m 10s  min/km
Comments:

Began more slowly than usual, felt I paced myself properly. However, took it too easy on the downhills (which is where I used to catch a lot of people) because I did not want to irritate my ITB. I still felt some discomfort after the race. Will take it easy this week to taper and protect my ITB. However, I'm not sure my knee is ready yet for the 1/2 IM on Nov. 21. I have this week to decide whether I register or not.
What would you do differently?:

My time was over 5 min. slower than my results last year! Obviously my training is different nowadays, and I'm still about 6Kg (13lbs.) heavier (so is my girlfriend, blame it on love!).

I ran my race conservatively this year, thinking of my triathlon next week.

So, if it had been my A-race, I would have given it my very best. Though, I'm still happy with how I felt and paced myself...I'm ready to become a triathlete!!!!!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, waited for GF. She came in at 1:13 (Same time as last year.) Drank lots of water and gatorade. Stretched out a bit.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Played it on the safe side. Did not want to re-injure myself. Also, this race was a test of my pacing for my triathlon. So the "goals" were met; however, I felt a little upset about being dropped by the people who usually run a little behind or ahead of me in other races. Well, there's always next time. Three months ago I could not run more than 5 min. at a time without being forced by my ITB to walk.

Event comments:

This was my second road race ever last year. It's one of the largest races in the country. Atmosphere among racers was great; technical organization was excellent.

I have my reservations as to how the "middle" race staff (club members) treated "non-club" racers (a large majority) at the Hebraica Club; staff was somewhat uptight and rude. But, without being politically incorrect and not interested in giving this issue further thought, this attitude has always been the same story at this club. My tri will be there next week and, like this run, it is one of the best sports events in the country regarding organization and participant turnout.

I will try to do this race every year, whether for training purposes like this year or as an "A" race.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2004-10-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:04:35 | 12.5 kms | 05m 10s  min/km
Age Group: 0/252
Overall: 0/995
Performance: Average
10K at 51:44 (5:10 per km / 8:17 per mile)
Course: Tough course: very hilly and inclined sideways in many parts of it! Killer on the knees. This is the same course where my first triathlon will be next week. The run for the tri will not be as hilly though. (Same road but a different sector since it will be a 5k loop). From 2km to 4km long climb and from 6km to 7km steep hill!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2004-10-17 1:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brisbane
Subject: Hebraica 12.5k Run

2004-10-17 7:05 PM
in reply to: #73371

User image

Expert
Northern VA
Subject: RE: Hebraica 12.5k Run
Congrats on finishing your race.  Its tough running with injuries. Good job!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Hebraica 12.5k Run Rss Feed