BT Development Mentor Program Archives » amschrod's mentor group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 24

2010-05-11 8:31 PM
in reply to: #2774068

User image

Wilmington NC
Subject: RE: amschrod's mentor group - FULL
Great pics Anthony.  They make me miss upstate NY!  We dont have many hills here on this side of NC.  Hope the weather gets better for everyone, warmer in the north, no tornados in the midwest and less humidity here in the south!
I should really invest in a yoga or pilates class but time is not really on my side these days.  I did manage to stretch more than usual this morning before my run.  My comback race is on saturday.  It will be tough for me to break the 30 min goal I set for myself but I will try my hardest.   Not sure if I will have to push EJ in the baby jogger or not, that will make a big difference too.
Keep training everyone!
Paula

2010-05-12 7:55 AM
in reply to: #2852510

User image

Oklahoma
Anthony - I liked seeing pictures of your run!  I have been thinking about getting a small camera to document some of my training landscapes.
2010-05-12 7:58 AM
in reply to: #2852730

User image

Oklahoma
Roadtoad22 - 2010-05-11 8:31 PM Not sure if I will have to push EJ in the baby jogger or not, that will make a big difference too.
Keep training everyone!
Paula

Paula - how old is your little traveler?  I never did push my daughter in a race.  When she was 3 we did a 1 mi fun run.  She would run a little bit and hop in the jogger for a while.  It was difficult to coax her out of the stroller!
2010-05-12 9:43 AM

User image

NH
Thanks for the pics Anthony, I love seeing pics of people's training spots.  You are doing AWESOME for an average guy, of any age!

I also can't believe I'm running, I always told my wife that running wasn't a sport but was only part of other, "real" sports.  She likes to make sure I remember having said that as I leave the house for my long runs now!
2010-05-12 5:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Great pics Anthony. I miss the spring, summers and fall,  you can keep the winters...LOL. 

I am glad you are not racing in any of my races...your training is amazing keep up the great workouts.
2010-05-12 6:21 PM
in reply to: #2852730

User image

Expert
Roadtoad22 - 2010-05-11 9:31 PM Great pics Anthony.  They make me miss upstate NY!

Are you sure? You know it was 40 and raining here this morning, and we had frost yesterday

We dont have many hills here on this side of NC.  Hope the weather gets better for everyone, warmer in the north, no tornados in the midwest and less humidity here in the south!
I should really invest in a yoga or pilates class but time is not really on my side these days.  I did manage to stretch more than usual this morning before my run.  My comback race is on saturday.  It will be tough for me to break the 30 min goal I set for myself but I will try my hardest.   Not sure if I will have to push EJ in the baby jogger or not, that will make a big difference too.
Keep training everyone!
Paula

Baby jogger sounds like fun!

Anthony

2010-05-12 6:25 PM
in reply to: #2853275

User image

Expert
OkiePrill - 2010-05-12 8:55 AM Anthony - I liked seeing pictures of your run!  I have been thinking about getting a small camera to document some of my training landscapes.

I know what you mean. One of these days I will remember to stick a small camera in my bento box to take some pics during long rides.

Anthony
2010-05-12 6:27 PM
in reply to: #2853590

User image

Expert
wbayek - 2010-05-12 10:43 AM Thanks for the pics Anthony, I love seeing pics of people's training spots.  You are doing AWESOME for an average guy, of any age!

Thanks!

I also can't believe I'm running, I always told my wife that running wasn't a sport but was only part of other, "real" sports.  She likes to make sure I remember having said that as I leave the house for my long runs now!

HA! It's cool how it becomes part of your life, isn't it?

Anthony
2010-05-12 6:35 PM
in reply to: #2854978

User image

Expert
scott1223 - 2010-05-12 6:04 PM Great pics Anthony. I miss the spring, summers and fall,  you can keep the winters...LOL.

I'll admit that I could live without ever having to shovel snow again, but I do love to run in the winter. One of my best runs ever: Single digit temps, light snow, before sunrise, the snow stopped, the full moon came out, and I was on a country road with woods on one side, a horse farm on the other, and not a person or vehicle in sight. Just beautiful.

I am glad you are not racing in any of my races...your training is amazing keep up the great workouts.

I am happy with my training, but what really amazes me is all the good work you and all of you other newer athletes do. Keep up the good work everybody!

Anthony

Edited by amschrod 2010-05-12 6:36 PM
2010-05-12 7:25 PM

User image

Wilmington NC

EJ is 3 1/2 months old now.  I havent tried running with her but have walked with the baby jogger before.   Hope my slow running wont jostle her too much.  I am excited to return to racing even if I am not going to be competative.  I won my age group last year.  This race is to sponsor Girls on The Run- a middle school program which girls train for several weeks then run a 5K.  Its a great way to motivate couch potatoes and get them interested in fitness early on.
  Looks like everyone's training hard these days.  Keep up the good work, its inspiring!

2010-05-12 8:23 PM

User image

Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Hey Paula,

Glad you are able to get out and train again.  Are you going to do the Beach2Battleship HIM?  I've heard it is an awesome race.  I just wouldn't want you passing me pushing a baby jogger...LOL.  My brother lives in Wake Forest and loves Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach. 

Great job on your training.

2010-05-13 3:29 PM

Veteran
LaGrange, GA
It's time!  Heading to the Georgia Coast for the Jekyll Island Turtle Crawl Sprint.  I hope to have some good pictures to post...not of me but of the coast!  Will post a report on Sunday.  Have a great weekend of training or racing!
2010-05-13 4:30 PM
in reply to: #2857314

User image

Veteran
Severna Park, MD

triton63 - 2010-05-13 4:29 PM It's time!  Heading to the Georgia Coast for the Jekyll Island Turtle Crawl Sprint.  I hope to have some good pictures to post...not of me but of the coast!  Will post a report on Sunday.  Have a great weekend of training or racing!

Good Luck Calvin, sounds like an awesome race.  Cannot wait to read your race report.

2010-05-13 5:14 PM
in reply to: #2857314

User image

Expert
triton63 - 2010-05-13 4:29 PM It's time!  Heading to the Georgia Coast for the Jekyll Island Turtle Crawl Sprint.  I hope to have some good pictures to post...not of me but of the coast!  Will post a report on Sunday.  Have a great weekend of training or racing!

Good luck and have fun! Sounds like a great race, and an ocean swim is always fun.

Anthony
2010-05-13 8:24 PM
in reply to: #2855263

User image

Wilmington NC
My original goal was to do the Beach2 Battleship half this year but that isnt going to happen.  I have helped out with a water station for 2 years- its actually what got me into triathlons.   Its a great race if anyone is interested, nice current for the swim, flat run and bike course.  I hear all good things about it.
2010-05-13 9:35 PM
in reply to: #2852510

User image

Regular
Tallmadge
Nice pics Anthony!  I remember experiencing my first runners high.  I ran 10 miles and for the first time ever I felt good.  My wife pulled up with a bottle of water and we were able to share a very rewarding moment together.  Since she's a runner, she gets it.  Anyway, we don't have that kind of scenery in this part of Ohio but we do have a great running community!  Rock on!

2010-05-14 8:22 AM
in reply to: #2857980

User image

NH
DannyK - 2010-05-13 10:35 PM Nice pics Anthony!  I remember experiencing my first runners high.  I ran 10 miles and for the first time ever I felt good.  My wife pulled up with a bottle of water and we were able to share a very rewarding moment together.  Since she's a runner, she gets it.  Anyway, we don't have that kind of scenery in this part of Ohio but we do have a great running community!  Rock on!

It's great to have a spouse sharing in this stuff, at any level.  My wife is a recreational runner but we get time to run together.  It's great to just be out with her. 

Beach2battleship - I've tentatively circled that one as my first ironman distance race in 2012, if my body holds up for the training through then!  That time of year is perfect for my life schedule, and I've heard it's an incredibly well run race.
2010-05-14 1:55 PM
in reply to: #2858404

User image

Expert
wbayek - 2010-05-14 9:22 AM
DannyK - 2010-05-13 10:35 PM Nice pics Anthony!  I remember experiencing my first runners high.  I ran 10 miles and for the first time ever I felt good.  My wife pulled up with a bottle of water and we were able to share a very rewarding moment together.  Since she's a runner, she gets it.  Anyway, we don't have that kind of scenery in this part of Ohio but we do have a great running community!  Rock on!

It's great to have a spouse sharing in this stuff, at any level.  My wife is a recreational runner but we get time to run together.  It's great to just be out with her.

That is very nice to share with your spouse. My wife has no interest in running, but she does walk daily and I walk with her whenever I can.

Beach2battleship - I've tentatively circled that one as my first ironman distance race in 2012, if my body holds up for the training through then!  That time of year is perfect for my life schedule, and I've heard it's an incredibly well run race.

B2B does look like a good race. One of many I would love to do someday.

Anthony
2010-05-14 2:04 PM

User image

Expert
We have 2 races tomorrow! First, Calvin has a sprint that looks to be flat and fast. Paula has her "comeback" 5K after a year off for her beautiful baby girl. I am really looking forward to their races, and to hearing all about them.

Good luck and have fun to both of you!!! Don't forget to smile for the cameras

Anthony
2010-05-14 2:21 PM
in reply to: #2859521

User image

NH
Have great races Paula and Calvin.  Can't wait to read the race reports.
2010-05-14 3:56 PM

User image

Oklahoma
Good luck in your races this weekend!  Have fun!!

2010-05-15 1:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Maybe we can all set a goal of doing the Beach2Battleship in 2012.  That would be my 1st full or maybe HIM.  I have heard very good reports from everyone who has competed in either the full or half.

Any thoughts??
2010-05-15 3:10 PM

User image

Wilmington NC
Great idea. for the B2B!   It would be neat to meet up with everyone.  I met Anthony and another person from our little group last year at a race, it was really cool to put a face to all the kind words of encouragement. B2B  is a nice race, well organized, weather is usually good, actually a little too warm for november.
 My race went OK, slower than I wanted, my first 2 miles were faster and must have caught up to me by the third because I had nothing left.    A co worker pushed EJ for me since she was walking. I am not sure of my overall place etc... doesnt really matter, just glad to be back in the racing scene.  My husband had a Stand Up Paddle race at the same time, I didnt get there in time for his finish but it was pretty cool.  Talk about some fit people!  All the women are slim, trim and muscular- maybe I should take up that sport too!
 Have a great weekend everyone! 
How'd the turtle sprint go???
P
2010-05-15 10:19 PM

User image

Expert
Hey everyone! I got home from the office today and my internet was out. I hate when that happens. B2B looks like a great race, but I don't know if I'll ever make it there unless we move to North Carolina like my wife sometimes wants to do.

Welcome back to the racing world, Paula! Sounds like that competitive spirit of yours made you start out a litle fast, but that's better than ending with too much left in the tank

Can't wait to hear how Calvin did. I get this feeling that the hills he has been riding will make this flat course a little easier in comparison.

So, I have my first multisport race of the year tomorrow. A 5/29/5 du so the distances are OK, but there is some serious climbing on both the ride and the run. This is my 4th year doing this one but they moved it from Fall to Spring, and I'm a little worried that I haven't had time to prepare for the bike. I would like to beat last years time, but it will be tough. The hardest part will be that I have to leave as soon as the race is over, drive 45 minutes home, shower, and then drive an hour and a half to New Jersey for a graduation party. I think I may get just a little stiff.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Anthony
2010-05-16 8:15 AM

User image

Veteran
Severna Park, MD
Great job Paula on your run...Welcome back to the racing scene.

Good luck Anthony with your race, I'm sure your training will pay off.

Cannot wait to read Calvin's report on his race. 

I did my first brick workout this am...All I can say is I need more training on hills and bike/run bricks...Enjoy the rest of your weekend
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » amschrod's mentor group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 24