BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-01-05 1:48 PM
in reply to: #3972774

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED

Thanks for your help and very useful info (to help calm my wife down).

Mary A - 2012-01-05 11:20 AM

Tim-- see, I told you not to worry!!!!

2012-01-05 1:48 PM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

After reading a few of the messages, don't feel like you "have" to catch up.  We don't want the group to become a chore that you dread doing or that you feel like you have to catch up on every post.  As a mentor that is why I recruited KC this time as it moves pretty fast (which is great) but if you miss a week your 20 pages behind.  

Also if you have a question for me or anyone and we don't answer shoot them a PM or ask it again, I know I tend to read the last few pages  but my A.D.D kicks in after about 20 mins online and I have to do  something else. 

Hope that helps!   Enjoy your day

In 48hrs Ill be in the warmth of the keys (cant wait to see how off my training is lol)

2012-01-05 3:59 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good afternoon Team.

Did my ride this morning - heading to the old dreaded dreadmill for 45 or so right after this post.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Mary - hang in there, you will have a nice race.

Tim - thanks - that is funny and good thing you never played at my golf course way back then - I would have had you arrested Smile

Coach - you are right on and you beat me to the punch. (Enjoy your trip damn it LOL)

The last thing we want is for this forum to become a chore - we want it to be informative, casual, supportive and fun and that will mean something different to everyone. Hells Bells - I know the workouts can be a chore but I want this to be a place I can come to vent and enjoy some awesome people and what they are all about when I have a chance. Get on here when you can or want to, chime in when you want but don't be surprised if you get a PM from me or Coach asking "Where the Hell are you?" if we have not heard from you in a while.

KC

Hey - I just noticed I have 6 more posts to reach the 1000 mark - cool Smile

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-05 4:01 PM
2012-01-05 5:03 PM

User image

Pro
Houston

FINALLY got in the pool today! Yesterday there was a childcare issue and two other days I tried this week it was closed due to low temps. The best part is after my swim I sat out in the sun, 72 glorious degrees!  I planned to ride the drainer tonight but my husband has a 2 hour ride and since his race is bigger and first he gets dibs. Which reminds me why we don't do the same races = we want to stay married :D

So tomorrow is a run in the am and hot yoga in the pm. Hoping the leg feels as good tomorrow morning as it felt last night.

To go along with post a picture Wednesday I think we need to come up with odd facts about you Friday. It doesn't have to be CRAZY but maybe something kind of cool, odd, interesting, impressive or even creepy! You know like if you happen to know a dude that carries a sword in his golf bag. LOL Put your thinking caps on and post your odd thing about you tomorrow.

I am Keri, your Mentor Group Social Director (in my best 'I am Julie McCoy your Cruise Director' voice) ala Love Boat. Yes, I am old.

2012-01-05 5:43 PM
in reply to: #3973612

User image

Jackson, MS
Don't worry--not a chore! And sad I missed photo Wednesday!
2012-01-05 5:55 PM

User image

Regular

I like the odd facts Friday idea.  Gotta start drudging up some weird stories now.

Hey, are you all morning people?  And are you all "Type A" personalities?  I am neither, but it seems that many serious athletes are both.  I wake up tired and cranky and don't want to work out in the mornings, because I just feel more clear and awake later in the day.  But that's kinda inconvenient to work out in the afternoon because it's right in the middle of the day and too much going on.  Like today, I probably will start my run at 4:30 this afternoon and be done around 5:45 right before dinner.  Is that weird?  And I'm definitely a laid-back Type B personality.  I'm not good with schedules, loooove my sleep, and really enjoy some good down-time every day.  Let's be honest - I'm a bit on the lazy side.  So I'm trying to work within these obstacles to still be successful because I think it can be done.  Let's hope so!

I just got a notice from my oncologist's office that I have my next follow-up on February 9th.  For some really odd reason, that is always a huge motivator for me to work harder on my fitness and weight loss.  Last time I went in there (August), the doc actually noticed that I had lost a lot of weight, and that was immensely satisfying.  It's kind of like saying "Screw you!  You were wrong, and I'm still alive and kicking some !" So I'm gonna try really hard to get below the 170 mark before Feb 9th.  That's only 5 pounds, but that's pretty hard for me to do because the cancer-fighting drug I have to be on for 4 more years normally makes people gain weight.  So it's like a double accomplishment when I lose it. 

2012-01-05 6:32 PM
in reply to: #3973700

User image

Pro
Houston
MoniqueGriffith - 2012-01-05 5:55 PM

I like the odd facts Friday idea.  Gotta start drudging up some weird stories now.

Hey, are you all morning people?  And are you all "Type A" personalities?  I am neither, but it seems that many serious athletes are both.  I wake up tired and cranky and don't want to work out in the mornings, because I just feel more clear and awake later in the day.  But that's kinda inconvenient to work out in the afternoon because it's right in the middle of the day and too much going on.  Like today, I probably will start my run at 4:30 this afternoon and be done around 5:45 right before dinner.  Is that weird?  And I'm definitely a laid-back Type B personality.  I'm not good with schedules, loooove my sleep, and really enjoy some good down-time every day.  Let's be honest - I'm a bit on the lazy side.  So I'm trying to work within these obstacles to still be successful because I think it can be done.  Let's hope so!

I just got a notice from my oncologist's office that I have my next follow-up on February 9th.  For some really odd reason, that is always a huge motivator for me to work harder on my fitness and weight loss.  Last time I went in there (August), the doc actually noticed that I had lost a lot of weight, and that was immensely satisfying.  It's kind of like saying "Screw you!  You were wrong, and I'm still alive and kicking some !" So I'm gonna try really hard to get below the 170 mark before Feb 9th.  That's only 5 pounds, but that's pretty hard for me to do because the cancer-fighting drug I have to be on for 4 more years normally makes people gain weight.  So it's like a double accomplishment when I lose it. 

Cheers to my fellow lazy sista! I think I am a type Y, not quite Z, I do clean my house and school my children after all but certainly not an 'A'.I am NOT a morning person at all. My husband is. However I am making a go of it. I live in Houston and the heat is unbearable in the afternoons and with 5 kids my evenings are tricky to say the least.I've been going to 5:30am hot yoga and until the last 2 months 6am running with a friend.Honestly when I got home from yoga Wednesday I crawled back in bed.I can only get up early if I am meeting somebody. Otherwise I would hit snooze 10 or so times.I will me getting up at 5:15 tomorrow morning for a run with a good friend.I wish you all the luck with your appointment. I am considered cured. Cancer free for 18 years now.
2012-01-05 7:23 PM
in reply to: #3973755

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

I love the idea for Friday!  Sounds like fun!

I have to say, I am really enjoying being part of this group.  This morning as I mentioned earlier was a rough one, but it was nice to have somewhere to vent about it.  My husband can only listen to so much triathlon talk. 

Monique, I am definetely not a morning person, but I am learning how to be one.  I guess you could say I am more Type A, I definetely take after my father on that one.  I think it's more of a matter of I usually have no energy whatsoever by the end of the day, so I know that in order to get my training in, it needs to be in the morning, or my couch might just win.

I am definetely looking forward to my off day tomorrow!

Jenny

2012-01-05 8:31 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-05 8:42 PM
2012-01-05 8:37 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team. I hope everyone had a great day Smile. Mine started with a bike rid and ended with a run - meetings at the college and some work in between. Oh well, have to pay for my tri and golf addictions some how I guess!

Keri - Hope your Friday workout goes well. Cool idea with the "odd facts Friday", however I am afraid you may find me a bit boring LOL - we will see and I will get the ball rolling at about 6:30 tomorrow morning. I hope I don't think to hard about an odd fact about me and I lay awake all night. So you are a cancer surviour as well - wow, we have some brave amazing people in here, that is for sure.

Keep up the good work Julie (I mean Keri) LOL. Hope you like the pic at the bottom of the screen Smile

Monique - 30 years in golf has made me a very early morning person - always up before the sun no matter what time of year. I Just love getting my day off to an active start - it drives me through the day to be honest. As far as Type A - yes, that would probably be me to be honest - like schedules, like plans and since I like to know what is coming next, I figure I may as well be the guy who plans it. So I guess A is me and I don't care what type of person you think you are, one thing is for sure - YOU ARE AWESOME and good luck on the 9th.

Jenny - enjoy your day tomorrow, you deserve it.

I know the Coach is heading to Florida for a little get away and training trip - safe travels Coach. I am also going away for 3 days but I am going over to Ferndale Michigan to throw 44 lb. granite rocks down a 146 foot sheet of ice for 3 days - what the hell is wrong with this picture? Coach - got room for me in your lugage LOL?

Seriously, I will be playing in a curling bonspiel this weekend just outside of Detroit at the Detroit Curling Club and this club has been around since 1885 - amazing history. I will have my computer and should be able to check in to say hello - but I will miss you all and unfortunately I probably won't be getting in any workouts until I get home Sunday. I am already going into withdrawls.

OK - I am a bit tired so going to do a bit of yoga and I am hitting the sheets - long day of curling tomorrow.

Have a great night team.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-05 8:50 PM

(the_love_boat_tv_show_image_of_the_cast.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
the_love_boat_tv_show_image_of_the_cast.jpg (71KB - 10 downloads)
2012-01-05 10:59 PM
in reply to: #3973612

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
KeriKadi - 2012-01-05 6:03 PM

FINALLY got in the pool today! Yesterday there was a childcare issue and two other days I tried this week it was closed due to low temps. The best part is after my swim I sat out in the sun, 72 glorious degrees!  I planned to ride the drainer tonight but my husband has a 2 hour ride and since his race is bigger and first he gets dibs. Which reminds me why we don't do the same races = we want to stay married :D

So tomorrow is a run in the am and hot yoga in the pm. Hoping the leg feels as good tomorrow morning as it felt last night.

To go along with post a picture Wednesday I think we need to come up with odd facts about you Friday. It doesn't have to be CRAZY but maybe something kind of cool, odd, interesting, impressive or even creepy! You know like if you happen to know a dude that carries a sword in his golf bag. LOL Put your thinking caps on and post your odd thing about you tomorrow.

I am Keri, your Mentor Group Social Director (in my best 'I am Julie McCoy your Cruise Director' voice) ala Love Boat. Yes, I am old.

Great workout!

But you will be banned for rubbing in your temps! We had a windchill of -2 the other day! LOL

I love odd facts Fridays! sounds interesting

Edited by razorxp 2012-01-05 11:01 PM

2012-01-05 11:05 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
MoniqueGriffith - 2012-01-05 6:55 PM

I'm probably type A but farthest thing from a morning person! I am always the last one awake on race day, heck I almost hit snooze too many times for a IM a couple years ago.

That is one hell of a motivator, good luck at your doc!

KC what in the heck is the love boat all about? too funny  

I may have to blind everyone with the RED TEAM picture

Edited by razorxp 2012-01-05 11:09 PM
2012-01-06 5:20 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

Coach - Keri compared herself to Julie on the love boat - kind of like the social director and since she is julie I found the picture and well - there you have it LOL and I think this new team would love the red picture Wink

OK - my weird / odd / strange fact - about me for this Friday - not so weird I guess but for those of you that do not know - I am a twin - now you can guess what kind and I will share a picture of my twin next Wednesday on picture Wednesday Smile.

Have a great day everyone and I will check in again later this afternoon between curling games.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-06 5:22 AM
2012-01-06 8:29 AM

User image

Veteran

Friday wierd fact - As a kid I most related to the TV character Eddie Haskell, as an adult it is Frank Barone.

Tim - I have done the same running program for the last 4 marathons, getting faster at each one.  I will admit that I cheat a bit starting soon in my program.  I start doing what I call a "fast finish" on my long slow Saturday - last 4 miles of a 16, 5 of a 20, I do at or close to race pace.  It has always helped give me the confidence that I could run that pace at teh end of a workout, not just on a Wed morning tempo run.  I do this every other long run.

Speaking of morning workouts - I absolutley cannot workout at other times of the day.  It is so hard to run in the evening, or get in a good swim at the 7:30 pm masters time.  I feel liek my day is wasted if I sleep much past 7, and have only slept past 8 a handful of times in my adult life.

2012-01-06 8:30 AM
in reply to: #3974516

User image

Veteran
DaDooRunRun - 2012-01-06 9:29 AM

Friday wierd fact - As a kid I most related to the TV character Eddie Haskell, as an adult it is Frank Barone.

Tim - I have done the same running program for the last 4 marathons, getting faster at each one.  I will admit that I cheat a bit starting soon in my program.  I start doing what I call a "fast finish" on my long slow Saturday - last 4 miles of a 16, 5 of a 20, I do at or close to race pace.  It has always helped give me the confidence that I could run that pace at teh end of a workout, not just on a Wed morning tempo run.  I do this every other long run.

Speaking of morning workouts - I absolutley cannot workout at other times of the day.  It is so hard to run in the evening, or get in a good swim at the 7:30 pm masters time.  I feel liek my day is wasted if I sleep much past 7, and have only slept past 8 a handful of times in my adult life.

So now you have met my wife...I knew it would not be long before I posted under her name.

2012-01-06 8:59 AM

User image

Pro
Houston

Odd Friday Fact: My last 3 babies were born at home in the bathtub - I have 3 little mermaids.

The run this morning went well. Back of my left knee is tight but not painful. Plan is rest knee until Tuesday. My BT plan begins this Sunday with a ride, Monday will be hot yoga & swim, Tuesday run & trainer ride. Just found out no work today or over the weekend which is both good and bad.

Anybody have any big weekend plans?

Tomorrow begins Girl Scout cookie sales. I have a Brownie and a Junior so if anybody needs some cookies I will hook you up.

2012-01-06 9:09 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Off Friday Fact:  I was born with the start of a third ear.   It was a birthmark that stretched behind my right ear.  had to be removed in high school when it turned a bit cancerous. 

Last nights bike was really hard.  2 hours with 1 X 45 m tempo at 75%, then 10 X 1 m @ 125%, then a long 15 m SE with low 50-60 cadence and 85% with two pops included.  My wife came down and said  what the hell, a little early for this isn't it?  Then she added, she knows you're only doing half IMs this year right?   Rugged. 

The VQ coach said he was just starting off hard to stretch my max.  Other workouts will be gravy!  Or did he say grave.  Not sure.

Rest day today. 

The food thing is feeling really good.  I had enough cals because I did 300 cals of Carbo Pro on the bike.  Still wound up at 2200 for the day.  Not hungry.  I wonder though about the slowing metabolism thing.  The Paleo people and the intermittent fasting folks say no.  We shall see.  Might try a fast next week from Thursday after dinner to dinner Friday since Friday is a rest day anyway.   Interesting stuff. I don't know about weight - I weigh only on Sunday am.  But I do know I feel way better. Not so bulky and swollen.

2012-01-06 9:37 AM
in reply to: #3974519

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
Skinny Arm Brian - 2012-01-06 9:30 AM
DaDooRunRun - 2012-01-06 9:29 AM

So now you have met my wife...I knew it would not be long before I posted under her name.

Glad you cleared that up I was thinking I lost my mind for a second! Mary likes to do that to us every now and then.

Damn scott your doing harder workouts now than I do during peak season!  I have the book on the caveman diet just not sure I could stick with it, always eating out with clients at odd places.

Edited by razorxp 2012-01-06 9:39 AM
2012-01-06 10:17 AM

User image

Expert

I am definitely Type A and do almost 80% of my workouts in the morning and the rest at lunch during work.  Have to have a schedule or it doesn't happen. I find that if I try to get them done in the evening it also never happens after I get home from work, spend time with the family, eat and watch the news it NEVER HAPPENS.

I would say I am a Type A negative (haha) personality since I am very good with coming up with ideas, schedules and leading people to start off but I have serious issues following through with everything (which drives my wife crazy).  With training I find I really struggle the last few weeks before taper.  Trying to break through that wall this year with my IM training for IMWI.  It is gonna get rough around June Yell.

MoniqueGriffith - 2012-01-05 5:55 PM

2012-01-06 10:30 AM

User image

Expert

David - I agree Scott is on pace to make his 2011 training seem like a piece of cake.

I am actually really glad that I got to get up to Madison last year to see you guys as that is basically what makes me get up in the morning to workout.  Just seeing Scott's workouts logs last year and you with all your workouts + Ironman experience and the affect that race had on you guys and everyone that came past my run aid station between 3pm -9pm makes me think about and realize - THERE IS NO DOGGING THE TRAINING WITH IRONMAN.  I was able to get by last year in Racine (70.3) on crappy training but I am so afraid of the 140.6 distance now.  Hopefully that fear will keep me going throughout the summer.

2012-01-06 10:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Tim.  Fear is a poor taskmaster.  Have you ever thought about how the physical feeling of fear and excitement are so close they can't be distinguished?  It's all about changing the way we think about those feelings, turning them from negatives to positives.  Really works! I'm not afraid.  I am excited.  By race morning in the water, I was smiling so much before the cannon I thought I was going to drown if I tried to breath that way.   Experience of a lifetime. You'll rock it.

And please remember, my threshold power was recently set 10% below the IM peak and I am pushing to make the watts he wants.  The surgeries and the time off definitely have played a role.

And don't give up on Paleo.  It is really just eating lean meat, veggies and fruits and leaving grain and dairy alone completely.  You can do it!   I feel better.  I will see some weight changes, I'm sure, even with the strength training.  But even if it's slow, I FEEL so much better. I am sticking with this whether the weight comes off or not. 

2012-01-06 10:52 AM

User image

Jackson, MS

Weird fact-- Can't tell from the photos, but I'm actually 6 feet tall.  husband and I are pretty much exactly the same height...my legs are 4 inches longer than his, his torso is 4 inches taller than mine.

Coach-- oh Lord, please please no red team.

Brian-  I'm glad I'm not the only one posting as a spouse now!!!

Scott- man, way to push.

Monique-- yes, I'm type A, but like Tim, maybe more A negative????

Trying to post a photo since I missed Wednesday...we'll see...

(untitled.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
untitled.JPG (24KB - 3 downloads)
2012-01-06 10:53 AM

User image

Expert

So I think I have basically already provided enough odd facts about me this week between my sword, fear of crowds and tight spaces and my lack of follow through- haha

There has been discussion of me being a rockstar which could be the furthest thing from the truth -haha.  Yes I do play in cover band in Chicago.  We have had some pretty good success over the past 3 years and it continues to grow more and more each month (which is good and bad for me).  I have played in bands since 1992 and even packed up all my belongings in a van with my college band and moved to Phoenix leaving my girlfriend (future wife -not really sure why she stuck with me) back in Chicago.  Music has always been a very important part of my life.  Trying to balance family, training, work and the band is a constant struggle for me and you will hear me complain about it often.

Triathlon training has really helped my singing and vice-versa as a 3 hour show is usually a good workout.  Especially the abs after singing 50 plus songs.

We played over 60 shows in 2011 and expect to be over 75 this year so is basically every weekend whcih makes my weekend workout rough.

The band is called Sorry For Partying - www.sorryforpartyingmusic.com

Here is some video if you are interested (we play a wide variety of stuff) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_rGHOwXZiE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWAX88blseA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WE8GTNGeB0&feature=related

2012-01-06 11:39 AM
in reply to: #3974906

User image

Expert

Scott - trust me there is plenty of excitement in me fro this race.  I wake up thinking about it and go to bed thinking about it.  I guess instead of using fear to describe my feeling for the race I should have used the word "respect".  

IceManScott - 2012-01-06 10:43 AM

Tim.  Fear is a poor taskmaster.  Have you ever thought about how the physical feeling of fear and excitement are so close they can't be distinguished?  It's all about changing the way we think about those feelings, turning them from negatives to positives.  Really works! I'm not afraid.  I am excited.  By race morning in the water, I was smiling so much before the cannon I thought I was going to drown if I tried to breath that way.   Experience of a lifetime. You'll rock it.

2012-01-06 12:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

I did the same thing...thought about it for 11 months, day in and day out.  I was told to picture myself crossing the finish line at least a couple of times a day.  It worked!

IronMan is something that demands respect, absolutely.  But it was the most fun I've had with my clothes on! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43