BT Development Mentor Program Archives » cathyd's Peer Support Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2009-04-13 6:34 PM
in reply to: #1870560

User image

New user
Vegas
Subject: RE: cathyd's Peer Support Group - FULL
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

I have to find a tri wet suit!!!  My first tri is just less then a month away.  I dont' want to spend a lot (up to $300 probably).  I don't know if I'll even fit into a womens.  I'm 6'1" 208lbs.  What brands should I be looking at, is there anything specific I should be asking, looking for.
Where did you guys buy your wetsuits?

Please help a rookie!  Thanks!

2009-04-13 11:57 PM
in reply to: #2081945

User image

Expert
Ontario
Hey andrea... finding a wetsuit that fit was hard for me as I am short but heavy.  The size charts look like they are all made for tall skinny people.  I really had to just try them on to find one that fit.  I tried on four different brands (that's all I could find locally and I didn't want to get into ordering online then having to return things).  I tried on seventeen, zoot, orca and 2Xu... ended up buying the seventeen as it fit the best. 

My advice is to go to as many stores as you can find that sell tri wetsuits and try on all the different brands to find the one that fits you best.   I found mine at a sports store that doesn't specialize in triathlon stuff but has lots of swimming stuff and had tri wetsuits.  Phone every sports store in your area and ask.

Good luck with your search.   PS>  trying on wetsuits is hard work... I could only do 2 a day and would be totally sweaty when I got them on.  Wear your tri shorts/top under your clothes that day as well to make sure they work together with the wetsuit.
2009-04-14 9:36 AM

User image

New user
Vegas
Thanks for the pointers, Cathy!  I'll have to bite the bullet and maybe stop at a coupel stores  day until I can get it figured out.  I don't know why I've been putting this off for so long, but I'm not looking forward to squeezing myself into one of these things.   It'll make me faster though, right?  Right???  Bueller? 
2009-04-14 1:19 PM
in reply to: #2083054

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
andigurl - 2009-04-14 9:36 AM Thanks for the pointers, Cathy!  I'll have to bite the bullet and maybe stop at a coupel stores  day until I can get it figured out.  I don't know why I've been putting this off for so long, but I'm not looking forward to squeezing myself into one of these things.   It'll make me faster though, right?  Right???  Bueller? 

WAY faster!!  Have you looked at the Xterra ones?  They're on sale right now.  I just bought the sleeveless one for 99$!!! 

I e-mailed them my exact measurements and weight and they recommended a size.  Plus - you have 30 days to exchange or return...

http://www.xterrawetsuits.com/
2009-04-17 12:49 PM

User image

Two questions.... First is there a list on BT somewhere that tells you what to bring to a tri?

Second?  Is this group over now that they have opened April Mentoring programs?

Thanks!
Marie

2009-04-20 11:09 AM
in reply to: #2091981

User image

mhm09 - 2009-04-17 11:49 AM

Two questions.... First is there a list on BT somewhere that tells you what to bring to a tri?

On the top of the page, click on the Race Log button
Race Log
At the bottom of the Race Log page, there is a Race Day Checklist button, which will take you to a list of lots of things you might want or not. Check off what you want, and print for your planning. I can dig out my list when I get home, if you want more.

Second?  Is this group over now that they have opened April Mentoring programs?

Good question! This group has certainly been quiet lately. I know I'll still check in on our group's logs, etc. Anyone interested in creating a new group for our little gang and getting some new members?

2009-04-20 5:40 PM

User image

Master
Southern Ontario
Hey everyone!  I started a new group for April-June...

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=154479&posts=3#M2098284

It would be great to keep working together!!

Edited by Silver_wlf 2009-04-20 5:41 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » cathyd's Peer Support Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 11