BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-01-25 2:54 PM
in reply to: #3320669

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
                              sdf

MMM CHALLENGE 2011

Let's see who can make the most overall improvement between NOW and June 1, 2011!! 

Each member participating will chip in $10,  CASH PRIZE to the winner!!

Each participant will do TWO (2) time trials in each Tri sport, Swim, Bike, and Run.  Both time trials should be on the same course!!  For those of you that can't get outside for the bike, you may time trial on the trainer.  (Or you can wait and time trial outside at a later date).

~~ The first time trial can be done anytime starting NOW!  Time Trials should be at race speed, a full-out, balls to the wall (if you got 'em), puke-when-you're-done type effort.  The sooner you do the first time trial, the longer you have to improve!  Record your time trial in your Dashboard (the upper part of your training log) in this format:

SPORT (ie Swim, Bike, or Run)
Date of time trial
Overall time and you may include pace (opt.)
Average and Max heart rate (if available, optional on the swim)

The second time trial must be completed by June 1st.  You are welcome to do several time trials and use your best, but it must be completed by June 1st.   We will then look at the percentage of improvement in each sport, and average the three percentages to determine the overall winner.

DISTANCES for each sport:

Swim:  500 yards or 500 meters, whichever your pool is.
Bike:  13 miles (or something close, both should be the same distance)
Run:  5K or 3.1 miles

Let the Challenge begin!!!

Please post if you are participating (so I know how much money I want to win!)

Edited by hildekq 2011-01-25 2:57 PM

2011-01-25 7:02 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Veteran
I'm IN! Looking for the cold hard cash!!!

I won't be doing any of my starting time trials until after my bodybuilding competition on March 20th though Do you want me to send a check or how are you dealing with the money? Will we each just send a check to the winner at the end?
2011-01-25 8:01 PM
in reply to: #3321101

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
I'm in!!!  I vote we send checks at the end or if the winner wishes we could all send a $10 e-gift card from amazon....whatever...snail mail or email...works for me.  I hope everyone joins in.....I need some cash....baby is hungry....baby is really hungry....I welcome side bets.....odds.....over...under...whatever.....SHOW ME DA MONEY!!!!
2011-01-25 8:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement for my year anniversary.....

I didn't work out tonight - we went to Steak and Shake-  so I'm getting ready to go upstairs and get a quick cardio blast, muscle pumping workout in with the wifey......30 seconds, done and sleeping..hahah.....oh yeah...I forgot....10 seconds of warm-up exercises....cuz that's the kind of guy I am..hahah LMAO.  I'll skip the stretching and chocolate milk afterwards...zzzzz zzzzzz

What's the movie where the guy tucks his junk and walks around like a girl???...hahah...I should give that a try....I'll bet she'd love that...hahahahahahahahaha......I've gone way off course here....yep...again........put me in the penalty box....but, spank me first..haha  OK I'll stop now! 
2011-01-26 12:09 AM
in reply to: #3321574

User image

Extreme Veteran
wsilverthorne - 2011-01-25 7:08 PMThanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement for my year anniversary.....

I didn't work out tonight - we went to Steak and Shake-  so I'm getting ready to go upstairs and get a quick cardio blast, muscle pumping workout in with the wifey......30 seconds, done and sleeping..hahah.....oh yeah...I forgot....10 seconds of warm-up exercises....cuz that's the kind of guy I am..hahah LMAO.  I'll skip the stretching and chocolate milk afterwards...zzzzz zzzzzz

What's the movie where the guy tucks his junk and walks around like a girl???...hahah...I should give that a try....I'll bet she'd love that...hahahahahahahahaha......I've gone way off course here....yep...again........put me in the penalty box....but, spank me first..haha  OK I'll stop now! 
That was Silence of the Lambs. It also made an appearance in one of the Clerks movies. You are one sick puppy!
2011-01-26 5:19 AM
in reply to: #3321847

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Wilson, you dog you!!  I bet your wife would DIE if she knew what you were talking about on a public forum!!  Tuck it baby, oh wait, I thought you would be too LARGE to do that...

I say we all just send a check to the winner at the end...

Oh and if you commit to the challenge, you commit to the payoff... no fair if you get tired of the challenge and quit!

2011-01-26 6:45 AM

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
tstl - 2011-01-26 1:09 AM
wsilverthorne - 2011-01-25 7:08 PMThanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement for my year anniversary.....

That was Silence of the Lambs. It also made an appearance in one of the Clerks movies. You are one sick puppy!

And just for the record, wives don't seem to enjoy seeing it as much you might enjoy recreating that moment for them.

Not that I'd know from experience or anything...  *cough cough*

(How's that for a first post in a long time  )
2011-01-26 6:47 AM

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
Wilson - a very belated congrats on all the changes you've made and how far you've come!!!  You're an inspiration to all of us fatties out there!
2011-01-26 6:50 AM
in reply to: #3320633

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
hildekq - 2011-01-25 12:57 PM  I like the toys, because it does mix things up and makes the "workouts" more interesting, plus I look like such a bad @$$ carrying everything in my mesh bag!!

Hilde, this is a family forum.  At least warn us if you're going to start sharing your kinky bedroom tips!  Tongue out
2011-01-26 7:42 PM
in reply to: #3321945

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-01-26 6:19 AM Wilson, you dog you!!  I bet your wife would DIE if she knew what you were talking about on a public forum!!  Tuck it baby, oh wait, I thought you would be too LARGE to do that...

I say we all just send a check to the winner at the end...

Oh and if you commit to the challenge, you commit to the payoff... no fair if you get tired of the challenge and quit!

Actually, my wife wouldn't die at all....she might shake her head and give me a funny look...she is so used to this type of thing....she would expect that I'd be over the top..haha...That's why she married me....I make her laugh and of course I meet all her needs!!!!  Well, some of them....all the important ones...that's my story and I'm sticking to it...!! haha  You'll understand the relationship when you see us both interacting...she's not right either..haha  She's pretty quick on her feet....remembers facts....and can throw down real punishment when needed......I guess that's why she has a Law degree and a second PhD in beating me down...(feel sorry for me yet....)  ....I think she just wanted to one up me...honestly...haha 
2011-01-26 7:45 PM
in reply to: #3321996

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Sulcus - 2011-01-26 7:45 AM

And just for the record, wives don't seem to enjoy seeing it as much you might enjoy recreating that moment for them.

Not that I'd know from experience or anything...  *cough cough*

(How's that for a first post in a long time  )

Great first post in awhile...where the hell you been????  Hilde did have a good point....I did have to create a coil, tie it in knots and zip tie the beast...then tuck it...haha  Of course I had to add the "dance" to the routine to put icing on the cake....So Shawn, your wife is scarred by that event too..haha...Glad I'm in good company!  We must be "ladies men"!!!! 

2011-01-26 7:48 PM
in reply to: #3322003

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Sulcus - 2011-01-26 7:50 AM
hildekq - 2011-01-25 12:57 PM  I like the toys, because it does mix things up and makes the "workouts" more interesting, plus I look like such a bad @$$ carrying everything in my mesh bag!!

Hilde, this is a family forum.  At least warn us if you're going to start sharing your kinky bedroom tips!  Tongue out

Hilde.....you should start the post with   "not safe for family consumption".....$hit, in that case you'll need to change the name of the forum. Surprised 
2011-01-26 7:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Yeah, yeah...that was a great movie!!!!  Much better than Black Swan - which we saw last weekend.....I should have listened to TTucker and Hilde on that one.  But, the popcorn smothered in toxic waste was so so good! 
2011-01-26 9:38 PM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
I know I'm not an official member of the group anymore ... just an occasional "lurker," but had to come on to say WHOO-HOO to Wilson -- HOORAY!!!!!!!  You are The Man -- Awesome and inspiring.  I was very encouraged to read your post.  It was very exciting to see how much much things can change in a year.  Your running has improved so much and you've always seemed fast on the bike to me (with my fastest being barely over 16 mph).  I think you should try an olympic this year.  And as far as that HM in 2012 ... well, I've been thinking the same, hmmmmmm - we'll have to see right?  I'm gonna do a half marathon in a couple of weeks (me who couldn't even run for an entire minute when I started in Dec of 2009) and if I can do that maybe that HM isn't such a far-fetched idea for 2012.  And you've run 7 miles straight so who knows ... right?  If not 2012 then "sometime."  It's definitely on my bucket list.
2011-01-27 12:22 PM
in reply to: #3323773

User image

Extreme Veteran
Here's a little tip for those of you trying to run in the great white north: bundle up!

Of course, this wouldn't exactly "cover it" for Wilson; he'd have to us a beach towel!

Now go read the rest of this really informative blog:

http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/2011/01/frozen-long-run.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteveInASpeedoGross+%28Steve+in+a+Speedo%3F%21+Gross%21%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher 
2011-01-27 12:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
And just to make sure the teachers among us are ready for parent-teacher conferences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr5kWOdkHYA

"I wish that were true..."

p.s. How do you embed a YouTube video? I used the embed link and it shows up on my preview, but not when in posts...? 

Edited by tstl 2011-01-27 12:40 PM

2011-01-27 1:00 PM
in reply to: #3324882

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Parent-teacher conference movie

Hopefully here's a live link!  Tammy that was hysterical!!!  You would not believe that there really ARE parents like this!!!
2011-01-27 1:16 PM
in reply to: #3324962

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Oh and Tammy, this is what works for me:

Highlight the URL address up above, right click and Copy.
Go to your post and paste
After you paste, highlight it again and type whatever you want to name your link WITHOUT SPACES!!  If you make a space it won't work right and you have to do it all over again.
AFTER you put the name in without spaces, click Enter, and then you can go back, insert the cursor and add the spaces.
2011-01-27 5:48 PM
in reply to: #3324882

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
OMG - Tammy I just about busted a gut -- that would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't sooooo true!!!!  Anyone who isn't a teacher would think it's pretty far fetched but trust me when I say it is smack-dab, right on the money....
2011-01-27 6:11 PM

Freeland
Wow looks like I missed some funny sh!&, for me I have had an up and down week so far.  The ups are I am  down 7 lbs and 1" of my waist but the bad news is I broke my big toe on my left foot chasing my youngest up the stairs.  Real nice right, this will not stop me from working out but will stop me from running for a while.  Looks like I will get stronger on the bike and swim portion lol.  Sorry it has taken me so long to post I usually just read and catch up while I am at work.
2011-01-27 6:33 PM
in reply to: #3325719

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Oh Jon, OUCH on the big toe!!!  Yes, running is definitely out for now, and even biking may hurt a bit (esp. if you are using clipless pedals).  Swim should be okay... heal fast!!!

2011-01-28 6:34 AM
in reply to: #3325754

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Big SHOUT OUT  to Wesley who is racing a 10K tomorrow!!!  Go Wesley, you have the MMMers in your back pocket, kicking your backside the whole way!!
2011-01-28 7:19 AM

User image

Chattanooga
Thanks! I will post how it goes tomorrow. It's supposed to be a really nice day.
2011-01-28 8:38 AM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland
I would just like to say that I got on the scale this morning and for the first time in I don't know how long (not counting last week when I had the stomach flu from hell), I saw a number under 220lbs.  Granted, it was 219.4, but still.  I've been stuck at the low to mid 220's for so long, it's just good to see some movement.

YAY!!!
2011-01-28 10:52 AM
in reply to: #3326460

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Yay!!!  Super job on the weight loss!!  Baby steps, keep it up and don't get discouraged if it stalls a bit, remember you're building muscle with all the training!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70