BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-01-28 2:14 PM
in reply to: #3326283

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
Wesmaster123 - 2011-01-28 8:19 AMThanks! I will post how it goes tomorrow. It's supposed to be a really nice day.
Best of luck to you tomorrow! Just add us to the voices in your head urging you on.

2011-01-28 2:16 PM
in reply to: #3326460

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
gnome - 2011-01-28 9:38 AMI would just like to say that I got on the scale this morning and for the first time in I don't know how long (not counting last week when I had the stomach flu from hell), I saw a number under 220lbs.  Granted, it was 219.4, but still.  I've been stuck at the low to mid 220's for so long, it's just good to see some movement.

YAY!!!
Awesome! Those breakthroughs are sometimes more meaningful than anything else. I hope i can someday join with with my own at 250. Now keep up the great work!!!
2011-01-28 3:56 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Expert
Hi everyone!

So sorry I've been away most of the week-- it's been a real roller-coaster: the ups most excellent, the downs most vile. Rather nausea-inducing, emotionally speaking... but it's over now, so there!

Speaking of nausea, I'm in for the challenge! I'm afraid I shall have to wait for my Dr's clearance to do the run, though my foot *is* feeling tons better. But the swim and bike are doable, especially on the trainer... will have to get a bike computer (finally!) to measure the distance, but that's no problem. We'll see how it goes... BRING IT ON!Money mouth

Wilson, you really are marvelous-- CONGRATULATIONS on such an amazing set of accomplishments this past year! And a HUGE shout-out to those achieving weight loss so far in 2011! You all ROCK, gang-- keep it going! (As for me, the weight # hasn't changed, but I think the measurements might have gone down a tad with all this long steady-state training... my tummy looks decidedly flatter when I look in the mirror. I'll check some morning soon and see! Hey, if bringing my body fat %age down is a side benefit to having to train this way, I'm all for it! Laughing)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone-- my fabulous sister's coming to town tonight, and there will be pizza and beer for dinner! YAY!
2011-01-28 7:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Jon & Jen, great job on the weight loss!!!!  Let that propel you forward - keep it up!!!  Jon, a broken big toe sux....had lots of those when I used to kickbox....hope it heals quick and you're running like crazy!
2011-01-28 7:05 PM
in reply to: #3326235

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Wes, hope you kick A$$ tomorrow...Sending you one poison dart to kill any demons that may crop up on your shoulder..urging you to quit or slow down.....Hope you have lots of speed and strength!
2011-01-28 7:07 PM
in reply to: #3327576

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
wrkinprogress - 2011-01-28 4:56 PM Hi everyone!

So sorry I've been away most of the week-- it's been a real roller-coaster: the ups most excellent, the downs most vile. Rather nausea-inducing, emotionally speaking... but it's over now, so there!

Speaking of nausea, I'm in for the challenge! I'm afraid I shall have to wait for my Dr's clearance to do the run, though my foot *is* feeling tons better. But the swim and bike are doable, especially on the trainer... will have to get a bike computer (finally!) to measure the distance, but that's no problem. We'll see how it goes... BRING IT ON!Money mouth

Wilson, you really are marvelous-- CONGRATULATIONS on such an amazing set of accomplishments this past year! And a HUGE shout-out to those achieving weight loss so far in 2011! You all ROCK, gang-- keep it going! (As for me, the weight # hasn't changed, but I think the measurements might have gone down a tad with all this long steady-state training... my tummy looks decidedly flatter when I look in the mirror. I'll check some morning soon and see! Hey, if bringing my body fat %age down is a side benefit to having to train this way, I'm all for it! Laughing)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone-- my fabulous sister's coming to town tonight, and there will be pizza and beer for dinner! YAY!

Thanks Alex!!!!  Hey, enjoy the beet and pizza with your sister!!!  I just got home from Hooter's were we ate a ton of wings and had a few beers....I need to work out tonight....but......don't think it's gunna happen!  Enjoy! 

2011-01-29 8:18 AM
in reply to: #3327865

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Hee heee..... Wilson thinks that Alex was enjoying BEETS and pizza!!  Yum, what a combination!!!!! 

Our MMM friend, Tammy, (TTucker) is feeling kinda depressed these days, if you get a chance please stop by her log and send her some love.... we all go through those down times where we wonder what the F*** we're doing this tri stuff for, and it surely helps to have some motivation come our way.

Glad to see we have some takers on the Challege 2011!!!!  I'm hoping to have my time trials done by Monday evening.  Doing the 5K this morning, will do the swim on Monday morning, and as long as the weather holds, I'll do the bike on Monday afternoon.

Bring it, MMMers!!!!
2011-01-29 10:04 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
First Time Trial Complete towards our competition

Bike TT One
13.0 miles in 45:23
Pace = 17.19 mph
Avg HR 160, Max HR 168
Kurt Kinetic Trainer Ride

Well, there it is......we'll see the how the chips fall in June.

Two more to go! (not today haha)

Edited by wsilverthorne 2011-01-29 12:43 PM
2011-01-29 8:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Hello, All!
I had to go back to page 5 to catch up on what I missed and I was greeted by mooseknuckles and giant sausages. What the heck is going on?! Laughing

Anyway. I am in for the challenge. I'll do my running and swimming time trials Tuesday and I'm not sure about the bike.  There's one or two in the spin class room that have a distance thing on it that I can try to use otherwise I'd have to wait maybe a month or so til the roads are a bit safer for riding.   This is such a great idea and great motivation to get better.  
And that parent-teacher conference was great. I especially like the end!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 
2011-01-30 6:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Swim Time Trial Done!!!

500yds = 11:22
2:16 pace / 100yds......ugh....SLOW

okay, it was miserably slow....sorry gang....I wasn't sure I could even swim the full 500...but I did it...So, now there is plenty of room for improvement - that is for sure.  By June I want to have this under 10 minutes....Not a want....I WILL have it down below 10 minutes!!! 

You dolphins can't make fun of me..haha 
2011-01-31 6:36 AM
in reply to: #3329766

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
I'm actually a little scared, Wilson!!  You have the best chance for improvement!!  And I want to WIN!

2011-01-31 9:25 AM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland
So, starting tomorrow I am back at running indoors (there is an indoor track on campus).  Problem is, it's only 1/10th of a mile.  I have a seriously hard time remembering what lap I'm on as I'm running.  Anyone got any ideas as to how to keep track, short of carrying a pen and paper with me?
2011-01-31 10:54 AM
in reply to: #3330558

User image

Expert
gnome - 2011-01-31 9:25 AM So, starting tomorrow I am back at running indoors (there is an indoor track on campus).  Problem is, it's only 1/10th of a mile.  I have a seriously hard time remembering what lap I'm on as I'm running.  Anyone got any ideas as to how to keep track, short of carrying a pen and paper with me?

Hey Jen-- A watch with a lap function would do the trick, I think-- just hit the button every time you pass the starting point. (Lots of inexpensive sports watches have this function.) Or you could do what I do in the pool to remember what lap I'm on: I say the number to myself overandoverandover until I reach the wall, turn around, then start on the next number. Not exactly enthralling, but it works!
2011-01-31 11:36 AM
in reply to: #3330558

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
gnome - 2011-01-31 9:25 AM So, starting tomorrow I am back at running indoors (there is an indoor track on campus).  Problem is, it's only 1/10th of a mile.  I have a seriously hard time remembering what lap I'm on as I'm running.  Anyone got any ideas as to how to keep track, short of carrying a pen and paper with me?

Another idea, if you have 2 pockets is to carry 10 pennies, shift them to the other pocket one at a time till they are done, that would be a mile and then repeat! 
2011-01-31 12:46 PM
in reply to: #3330809

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
wrkinprogress - 2011-01-31 11:54 AM

Hey Jen-- A watch with a lap function would do the trick, I think-- just hit the button every time you pass the starting point. (Lots of inexpensive sports watches have this function.) Or you could do what I do in the pool to remember what lap I'm on: I say the number to myself overandoverandover until I reach the wall, turn around, then start on the next number. Not exactly enthralling, but it works!
I,my short attention span and my wandering mind all second this. You should be able to get a pretty low end timex ironman for $35 or so. I know it was some of the best money I spent. My initial runs would go something like "use good form and quick feet - wait, something shiny on the floor - what was I saying - i am kind of feeling my hamstring - don't forget your form - oh my, that pace booty just smoked me - hrm, what lap was this anyway?"

Edited by Sulcus 2011-01-31 12:47 PM
2011-01-31 12:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
I did my 5k TT and it is 38:03 which is actually a new 5k PR for me.  I'm aiming to get it down to 36:00 by June. 

Jen,
Ideas for counting laps -  I do the same thing Alex does in the pool. Just keep repeating the number til I'm done with the set.  Otherwise maybe carry a beaded bracelet in your hand and every lap move a bead.  Good luck!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm hoping I can get the other two time trials done tomorrow, but we are being threatened with 2 feet or more of snow here. Yell  This weather is really starting to aggravate me! Doesn't it know I have training to do? Ugh!

2011-01-31 2:47 PM
in reply to: #3330210

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-01-31 7:36 AM I'm actually a little scared, Wilson!!  You have the best chance for improvement!!  And I want to WIN!

Thanks a lot Hilde...You should have just said  "Wilson, you suck so bad all you can do is improve big time or drown"  Tongue out

hehe
2011-01-31 2:52 PM
in reply to: #3330809

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
wrkinprogress - 2011-01-31 11:54 AM

Jen.....DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON......This is the reason Alex is crazy....don't go there....she is training for a marathon....you know the talking to yourself...the same talk - isn't right....DANGER!  She's trying to lure you into her cult.....She's sneaky that way!

Honestly....I do the same thing......I just get louder as I go...and at the end I'm screaming at myself....In my head of course.
2011-01-31 2:53 PM
in reply to: #3330926

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-01-31 12:36 PM

Another idea, if you have 2 pockets is to carry 10 pennies, shift them to the other pocket one at a time till they are done, that would be a mile and then repeat! 

Pennies....did you make that up???????????????????  LMAO
2011-01-31 6:04 PM
in reply to: #3331425

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Pennies from heaven!!  Yes I made that up!  And HOW exactly did you read "Wilson you suck" into my comments about improving???  You know what I said is true... I wish I time trialed my swim about 4 weeks ago when I was just getting back into it, ha ha~! 

Bike time trial was a bust today, and too bad because it was feeling pretty good!  I am REALLY liking the high cadence... got out too late and even though I picked my brightest bike jersey, it was still not very easy to see as the sun was going down... opted to head home after the semi almost turned right in front of me... and then the idiot BEEPED at me??  WTF?  I will NOT do it on the trainer,  I'd rather battle hills and wind and at least have some distraction rather than counting my cadence over and over, oh wait, that's laps... 

And JORDAN, CONGRATS ON THE 5K PR!!!  You go girl.... run Jordie run!!

Edited by hildekq 2011-01-31 6:05 PM
2011-01-31 6:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Wilson - way to go on finishing the 500 when you thought you couldn't...that is the way to push things! You rock!

Jordan - a 5K PR....watch out! That's awesome!

Hilde - Bummer on not being able to complete the bike TT Next time will be a charm!

I think I'll do my swim TT this weekend I haven't been swimming much but I gotta start somewhere. And if the snow ever stays away long enough to let the sidewalks clear off (18-24 inches forecasted for Wed. - UGH!) I'll get my 5K done as well. The bike, however, will have to wait for MUCH nicer weather!

2011-01-31 7:51 PM
in reply to: #3331837

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-01-31 7:04 PM Pennies from heaven!!  Yes I made that up!  And HOW exactly did you read "Wilson you suck" into my comments about improving???  You know what I said is true... I wish I time trialed my swim about 4 weeks ago when I was just getting back into it, ha ha~! 

Bike time trial was a bust today, and too bad because it was feeling pretty good!  I am REALLY liking the high cadence... got out too late and even though I picked my brightest bike jersey, it was still not very easy to see as the sun was going down... opted to head home after the semi almost turned right in front of me... and then the idiot BEEPED at me??  WTF?  I will NOT do it on the trainer,  I'd rather battle hills and wind and at least have some distraction rather than counting my cadence over and over, oh wait, that's laps... 

And JORDAN, CONGRATS ON THE 5K PR!!!  You go girl.... run Jordie run!!

No worries Hilde...I was just joking.....I was really disappointed in the time.....BUT - you're right...lots of room to improve.  I'm not discouraged...I'm motivated at the thought of getting below 2:00/100yds....I will get there - and heck I just picked the swim back up...so no biggie!  Sorry the bike TT didn't work out....The trainer is so much fun - you could do that!!!!  The coolest thing is the big puddle of DNA that hits the floor....a concrete pool of real sweat!!!  Lovely.  Hey, hope everyone handles the weather okay....It's sleeting/snowing like crazy here...roads are a mess....tomorrow is gunna be a treat - I'm sure.  I brought my laptop home from work so I may be "working from home" tomorrow.  Doesn't that sound fun.

Hey Jordan, big congrats on your PR TT....That is awesome and we know you didn't sand bag that one!!!!  You have real proof!  I hope you destroy that record come June!!  I know you will. 
2011-01-31 7:56 PM
in reply to: #3331911

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
PTWykes - 2011-01-31 7:58 PM Wilson - way to go on finishing the 500 when you thought you couldn't...that is the way to push things! You rock!

Jordan - a 5K PR....watch out! That's awesome!

Hilde - Bummer on not being able to complete the bike TT Next time will be a charm!

I think I'll do my swim TT this weekend I haven't been swimming much but I gotta start somewhere. And if the snow ever stays away long enough to let the sidewalks clear off (18-24 inches forecasted for Wed. - UGH!) I'll get my 5K done as well. The bike, however, will have to wait for MUCH nicer weather!

Marsha, good luck with the snow....18-24 inches of snow - WOULD SUCK!!!!  We are calling for 2 inches of ice and some snow...That ought to be fun too....I'll just stay home tomorrow and avoid the chaos on the roads.....I hate when 17 miles takes 2-3 hours...not fun. 
2011-01-31 10:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Well good luck to all you mid-westerners over the next couple of days. I just got a memo that we (and United) will cease ALL operations through ORD from 4 pm tomorrow til 10 am Thursday morning!! And relocate aircraft out of the region for the duration, like a hurricane was coming. A snowicane! Snowicane 2011... here it comes! Stay safe and warm everybody- I expect to see lots of trainer and treadmill workouts this week!
2011-02-01 8:33 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with Sacroiliac joint issues?  I'm pretty sure that is what I'm dealing with since I've been down this road before.  In the past I've gone to the chiropractor and he has put things back in place.  Any ideas on how I can stretch and get things back in place by myself?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70