BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Famelec Brian's Mentor Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 13

2010-11-01 3:20 PM
in reply to: #2577093

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: Famelec Brian's Mentor Group - FULL
I check in periodically to see if anyone has posted recently.  I'm still at it.  I ended up doing 4 triathlons this year (should have bought a USAT license).  I did three sprints and one olympic.  I bumped up to the silver membership on BT so I could get specific workouts to improve my speed and form.  I'm currently doing a winter maintenance plan.  After my last two tri's, I felt that if I can out of the winter in pretty good shape, I can be pretty competitive in some of my races for next year.  I'm going to be shooting for some top 5 finishes in some of the smaller races.  I'm also going to try for a half next year.  I don't know how that will go because I am starting school in May.  If I can great, if I can't I'll do it some other time. 

I obviously don't check in here too often so I'll try to post on y'all's blogs instead.  Probably a better way to keep in touch. 

2010-11-23 11:02 AM
in reply to: #3189305

User image

cspreiter - 2010-11-01 2:20 PM I check in periodically to see if anyone has posted recently.  I'm still at it.  I ended up doing 4 triathlons this year (should have bought a USAT license).  I did three sprints and one olympic.  I bumped up to the silver membership on BT so I could get specific workouts to improve my speed and form.  I'm currently doing a winter maintenance plan.  After my last two tri's, I felt that if I can out of the winter in pretty good shape, I can be pretty competitive in some of my races for next year.  I'm going to be shooting for some top 5 finishes in some of the smaller races.  I'm also going to try for a half next year.  I don't know how that will go because I am starting school in May.  If I can great, if I can't I'll do it some other time. 

I obviously don't check in here too often so I'll try to post on y'all's blogs instead.  Probably a better way to keep in touch. 

It was great to hear about your summer.  I too finished with 4 sprints and an olympic.  I just finished my first marathon - which was an amazing experience.  In 2011, I am registered for the Boulder series (sprint, oly, 1/2) and the AZ Ironman.  Very excited.  I figured since the marathon was a piece of cake, why not.
Deb
2010-11-29 9:36 AM
in reply to: #3223235

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma

It was great to hear about your summer.  I too finished with 4 sprints and an olympic.  I just finished my first marathon - which was an amazing experience.  In 2011, I am registered for the Boulder series (sprint, oly, 1/2) and the AZ Ironman.  Very excited.  I figured since the marathon was a piece of cake, why not.
Deb

Congrats on the marathon and good luck on next year's ironman.  I'd love to give ironman a shot next year too but I don't think I'll be able to squeeze in the training.
2010-11-29 9:46 AM
in reply to: #3228671

User image

cspreiter - 2010-11-29 8:36 AM

Deb

Congrats on the marathon and good luck on next year's ironman.  I'd love to give ironman a shot next year too but I don't think I'll be able to squeeze in the training.

You don't need to train A LOT.  Just intelligently.  :-)  Endurance and strength are key.
2010-12-03 2:19 PM
in reply to: #3228684

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
Very true.  I'm going to be playing it by ear this next year.  At the very least, I'll definitely get enough sprints in to justify my newly purchased USAT license.  I really need to start making myself get up early and get one of my workouts in.  That would simplify my day a whole bunch but I'm really struggling to get the motivation to do it.  I guess that's something I can focus on in the off season too, lol.
2010-12-03 4:23 PM
in reply to: #3235799

User image

cspreiter - 2010-12-03 1:19 PM Very true.  I'm going to be playing it by ear this next year.  At the very least, I'll definitely get enough sprints in to justify my newly purchased USAT license.  I really need to start making myself get up early and get one of my workouts in.  That would simplify my day a whole bunch but I'm really struggling to get the motivation to do it.  I guess that's something I can focus on in the off season too, lol.

Are you saying your motivation is waning, Caleb?  You can always lean on me for support.  I don't mind at all.  I get up every morning early (about 5 am) to get in my workouts so I can get on with my day.  It makes me feel better throughout the day.  And then at night, I sleep like a rock. 

So when I said train intelligently, I meant it.  Secret!  I never ran more than 10 miles in a training run to complete my marathon in October.  It was that run that inspired me to try an Ironman.  You don't have to work out for an hour or more to get strong.  You just need to do it right.  I hired a cross-fit coach - which helped a lot.  Check out their website here: http://www.triyogaendurance.com/
Click on WOD/CFE on the top menu bar.  Scroll down and you will find the work out of the day (WOD).  Some days are tougher than others, but they are all great workouts.

Anyway, if you want support - look no further.  You can also e-mail me at [email protected] or Friend me on Facebook (Deb Condo) if you have an account. 
Deb

2010-12-09 9:42 AM
in reply to: #2577093

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
It's more of a "lazy" thing.  I've been a stay at home dad for the past 2 years so I'm used to getting up at 8:30-9.  When I worked I had to get up early so I can do it, it's just getting used to getting up early again.  I've actually started the last couple days getting up early to work out.  My body is still adjusting.  I'll stick with it though.  I'm going to have to be getting up early for school anyway, might as well get used to it now. 

Thanks for the support.
2010-12-10 9:25 AM
in reply to: #3242649

User image

Awesome.  Keep up the good work.  I know it's only been a couple of days, but your body will be used to it in now time.  Good luck.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Famelec Brian's Mentor Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 13