Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are STILL doing Ironman distances this month!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 65

2010-04-17 8:36 PM
in reply to: #2798416

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
Subject: RE: The Ghoulies are STILL doing Ironman distances this month!!!
ironannekidd - 2010-04-17 2:33 PM
mndymond - 2010-04-17 3:26 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-17 1:14 PM
mndymond - 2010-04-17 2:47 PM I'm going to join you in baking An
n! I think some strawberry-banana muffins though! I have some strawberrys in the fridge that have seen better days and some bananas on the counter which have also seen better days...haha

I'm making chocolate PB rice krispy treats, too.

I bought some fresh strawberries this morning, but I'll cut them up and the kids will gobble them all up tonight.

Muffins in the oven!! Yay! (I'm clearly putting off working on my paper)

Rice Krispy treats are done. Brownies are coming out of the oven in 3 minutes.

Mmmmmm.  Are there any left?  I'm ready for dessert

2010-04-17 8:37 PM
in reply to: #2791404

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
Hungry hungry Neal toppage!
2010-04-17 8:39 PM

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
So I got down to my garage and found that my rear tire was flat.  Not sure how that goes flat just sitting in the garage, but okay.  Slapped the race wheels on the bike instead since I wanted to get a couple of rides in on them before shipping my bike off next week.

Gorgeous day.  60s, sunny, and winds under 20 mph.
2010-04-17 8:42 PM

User image

Champion
I'm now starving...

Just ran 12.3km and did a 50min spin...this is how I am going to get mileage in on the bike while the winds continue to rip...

Soooooooooo hungry...just to drive the point home how hungry I am...haha

2010-04-17 8:44 PM

User image

Champion
Apparently I am quite salty...the dog kept trying to lick my leg while I was on the trainer...haha...I kept telling her to go away, but apparently I'm just tooo tasty...haha :D
2010-04-18 6:55 AM

User image

Champion
MORNING GHOULIES.

looks as if all is well in the Village.

its the final morning at my sister in laws.  what a wonderful respite.  i told her last night, i hadnt realized how stressed out i was until...i wasnt stressed out.

though im sure the next few weeks will have their ups and downs, i know it will be nothing compared to how difficult the last three months have been.

life has a way of moving us upward and onward thats for certain.

we had already pre-planned to take the boys out for dinner and icecream when i get home from work. 

they been at the their MANS WEEKEND w my brother and the grown men on my side of the family.  its an annual trip and i always cringe when i hear the stories after the get home.  what happens at fishing camp, stays at fishing camp.

the weeks schedule is all set.  should be interesting to see how everything 'plays out' over the next few months. 

im optimistic that we'll all be (relatively) fine in the weeks n months ahead.

i think both myself and J. have done a really good job handling ourselves in such a way as to minimize the negative impact on the kids.

i believe as long as we handle ourselves well, the kids will be better than fine.

like i said from the very beginning, WE get to DECIDE how this all gonna play out.  and as parents, we set the tone.

we shall see moving forward.
stacieb

2010-04-18 7:05 AM

User image

Champion
i was able to pound out somewhat of workout schedule for the next few weeks.

the new cycle starts at the Y and registration for members starts tomorrow.  needed to get an idea of what i was gonna do in order to figure out what i needed to register for.

the one decision i did make was to go ahead and register for Body Pump for the entire cycle, that will give me a standard workout on Mondays so that the rest of the week can be flexible to schedule in subbing and lifeguarding shifts.

but i'll definately have a much more 'strength training' focus for my training/workouts in the weeks up ahead.

IM GONNA BE UBER BUFF GHOULIES.  WATCH OUT! 

again the priority is being as available to the kids in the evenings, so i didnt schedule anything in the evening, and if it ended up i missed a workout during the day because i was working, i could head up to the Y late afternoon/afterschool and the kids could come with me.

but heres my plan as it stands now:

Monday:  Body Pump
Tues:  bike/spin/run
Wed:  Core Strength/swim (Renee our fitness director said this is good 'compliment' to Body Pump)
Thurs:  bike/spin/run
Fri:  bike/run/ST
Sat:  swim/bike
Sun:  OFF

Tues, Thurs, Fri's schedule is gonna depend much on the weather.  [no im not doing all three, bispru.  i'll decide week to week when i'll get in my runs and bikes and if i have to do spin or not.

of course if the weathers nice i'd rather be out on my bike then inside spinning.

always good to have a plan, but always necessary to be flexible as well.

be well!
stacieb

Edited by skrtrnr 2010-04-18 7:06 AM
2010-04-18 7:25 AM

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Stacie it sounds like you have an excellent plan moving forward with all of the men in your life. I wish you nothing but the best.

Ghoulie love to ya Sistah!
2010-04-18 7:26 AM

User image

Champion
Good morning everyone!

Getting ready to head outside for a run as soon as I get everyone out of the house.

It is only in the 40's here and windy. I don't mind the temp, I just wish we didn't have so much wind.

2010-04-18 12:41 PM
in reply to: #2799143

User image

Champion
skrtrnr - 2010-04-18 5:55 AM MORNING GHOULIES.

its the final morning at my sister in laws.  what a wonderful respite.  i told her last night, i hadnt realized how stressed out i was until...i wasnt stressed out.

though im sure the next few weeks will have their ups and downs, i know it will be nothing compared to how difficult the last three months have been.

we had already pre-planned to take the boys out for dinner and icecream when i get home from work. 

they been at the their MANS WEEKEND w my brother and the grown men on my side of the family.  its an annual trip and i always cringe when i hear the stories after the get home.  what happens at fishing camp, stays at fishing camp.

the weeks schedule is all set.  should be interesting to see how everything 'plays out' over the next few months. 

i think both myself and J. have done a really good job handling ourselves in such a way as to minimize the negative impact on the kids.

i believe as long as we handle ourselves well, the kids will be better than fine.

like i said from the very beginning, WE get to DECIDE how this all gonna play out.  and as parents, we set the tone.

stacieb

Kudos! Its great that you are focusing on the boys during all of this!

You are a fantastic mom Stacie!
2010-04-18 3:42 PM

User image

Champion
WOOHOO KIM!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!

Kim Carroll             F   2:38:24 

2010-04-18 4:57 PM

User image

Pro
NJ
Thanks for the Ghoulie shout outs along the way today.  All your encouragement the last weeks and months made a real difference.  It was perfect weather for a race.  I did fairly well, although a bit behind my planned 2:30 finish.  Of course, a wait for the porta-potty at mile 4.5 wasn't part of the plan. Next time, will make sure to have some coffee before the race to get things taken care of. Embarassed   But if that is the worst thing that happens to me in a race, I am happy.  Most importantly, my knees felt just fine.  The legs weren't happy in general the last 3 miles, but that is just training.  I got a bit of a boost at mile 11 when an old friend I've not seen in ages was walking back to his car along the course.  Nice to get a hug and hello at that point. 

While I was fairly stiff after finishing, I pulled my Zoot compression recovery tights on for about 2 hours while we drove home and ate.  They really work.  I have no soreness or stiffness as I type this.

???O?h?,? ?t?h?e? ????p?o?s?t? ?r?a?c?e? ?m?e?n?u? ?i?n?c?l?u?d?e?d??:? ?e?g?g?s?,? ?h?a?s?h? ?b?r?o?w?n?s?,? ?f?r?u?i?t?,? ?p?a?n?c?a?k?e?s? ?a?n?d? ???c?h?o?c?o?l?a?t?e? ?c?o?v?e?r?e?d? ? ?s?t?r?a?w?b?e?r?r?i?e?s
?
2010-04-18 7:45 PM
in reply to: #2799855

User image

Champion
Ames, IA
kcarroll - 2010-04-18 4:57 PM Thanks for the Ghoulie shout outs along the way today.  All your encouragement the last weeks and months made a real difference.  It was perfect weather for a race.  I did fairly well, although a bit behind my planned 2:30 finish.  Of course, a wait for the porta-potty at mile 4.5 wasn't part of the plan. Next time, will make sure to have some coffee before the race to get things taken care of. Embarassed   But if that is the worst thing that happens to me in a race, I am happy.  Most importantly, my knees felt just fine.  The legs weren't happy in general the last 3 miles, but that is just training.  I got a bit of a boost at mile 11 when an old friend I've not seen in ages was walking back to his car along the course.  Nice to get a hug and hello at that point. 

While I was fairly stiff after finishing, I pulled my Zoot compression recovery tights on for about 2 hours while we drove home and ate.  They really work.  I have no soreness or stiffness as I type this.

???O?h?,? ?t?h?e? ????p?o?s?t? ?r?a?c?e? ?m?e?n?u? ?i?n?c?l?u?d?e?d??:? ?e?g?g?s?,? ?h?a?s?h? ?b?r?o?w?n?s?,? ?f?r?u?i?t?,? ?p?a?n?c?a?k?e?s? ?a?n?d? ???c?h?o?c?o?l?a?t?e? ?c?o?v?e?r?e?d? ? ?s?t?r?a?w?b?e?r?r?i?e?s
?

Great job Kim!  I'm so glad the knees held up for you!
2010-04-18 7:48 PM

User image

Champion
Hey dudes! Did a bike and run today..I shall hit my first IM tomorrow!! I've done the swim about 3x and the run about 2x...but its that pesky bike! I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN TOMORROW!

I'm currently watching the Deadliest Warrior...haha...I love the "science" that goes into this show..its not actually that bad...but there are just too many variables. Right now is William Wallace vs. Zulu...wooo! Haha...I'm betting on William Wallace...

Also...starving again...
2010-04-18 7:50 PM
in reply to: #2800091

User image

Champion
disturbed275 - 2010-04-18 6:45 PM
kcarroll - 2010-04-18 4:57 PM Thanks for the Ghoulie shout outs along the way today.  All your encouragement the last weeks and months made a real difference.  It was perfect weather for a race.  I did fairly well, although a bit behind my planned 2:30 finish.  Of course, a wait for the porta-potty at mile 4.5 wasn't part of the plan. Next time, will make sure to have some coffee before the race to get things taken care of. Embarassed   But if that is the worst thing that happens to me in a race, I am happy.  Most importantly, my knees felt just fine.  The legs weren't happy in general the last 3 miles, but that is just training.  I got a bit of a boost at mile 11 when an old friend I've not seen in ages was walking back to his car along the course.  Nice to get a hug and hello at that point. 

?

Great job Kim!  I'm so glad the knees held up for you!

x2 Good job Kim!
2010-04-18 7:54 PM

User image

Champion
EVENING GHOULIES.

im happy to report that everything 'went down' according to the plan this evening.

the boys are contentedly nestle in their beds knowing that although some things in their life have changed (Dad went to his house after tucking them in) some things will be the same (they have two parents that love them A LOT)

we had a nice evening/family dinner at one of our favorite resturants, and then we stopped off at their Dads house.  I got to see their new room/beds et al.

my youngest was the first to point out that there were only 4 chairs around the diningroom table and said that we 'must' get another chair so that 'mommy could come over for dinner at Daddy's house sometimes'.

i know the whole situation may seem 'odd' to an outside observer, and perhaps on some level it is. 

i do know that is far from the 'norm' in these situations.

but like i've said all along, WE get to decide how this is gonna go from this point forward.

i realize that it might not be this way forever, that lots will change over the weeks and months and years, but.....

for today, right now (i know is JUST the beginning)  were doing JUST SPLENDID.

above all else (and this has been my goal, yet constant concern) the boys know that they know that they know they are loved and that we are STILL a family.

thanks for the all the words of support and encouragement along the way Ghoulies.

i have no doubt, were ALL gonna be better than fine.

mwah!
stacieb

Edited by skrtrnr 2010-04-18 7:59 PM

2010-04-18 8:00 PM
in reply to: #2799855

User image

Champion

?

FAN FRIGGING TASTIC KIM.

WAY TO GO YOU!
stacieb
2010-04-18 8:00 PM
in reply to: #2799538

User image

Champion
mndymond - 2010-04-18 12:41 PM
skrtrnr - 2010-04-18 5:55 AM MORNING GHOULIES.

stacieb

Kudos! Its great that you are focusing on the boys during all of this!

You are a fantastic mom Stacie!

thanks so much MELINDY.

it means so much to hear that!
stacieb
2010-04-18 8:02 PM
in reply to: #2800098

User image

Champion
mndymond - 2010-04-18 7:48 PM Hey dudes! Did a bike and run today..I shall hit my first IM tomorrow!! I've done the swim about 3x and the run about 2x...but its that pesky bike! I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN TOMORROW!

I'm currently watching the Deadliest Warrior...haha...I love the "science" that goes into this show..its not actually that bad...but there are just too many variables. Right now is William Wallace vs. Zulu...wooo! Haha...I'm betting on William Wallace...

Also...starving again...

way to go working towards that 1st IM Melindy.  youre gonna have the bike portion tackled in no time flat.

and my boys love that show Deadliest Warrior.  cool, isnt it?

my money is on William Wallace too.

stacieb
2010-04-18 8:03 PM
in reply to: #2799168

User image

Champion
ironannekidd - 2010-04-18 7:25 AM Stacie it sounds like you have an excellent plan moving forward with all of the men in your life. I wish you nothing but the best.

Ghoulie love to ya Sistah!

thanks so much ANN.
stacieb
2010-04-18 8:07 PM

User image

Champion
ALRIGHTY GHOULIES.

time for bed.

5:15 will be here before i know it.

i'll be in the Village in the morning - ive got two garbage bags full of FISHY AND SMOKE FILLED CAMP LAUNDRY. 

can we all say, WOOOOO!

its gonna be fantastic riding weather this week....cant wait to get out on my bike a few times to ride.

i was actually contemplating riding my bike to and from work on Saturdays.  leaving early in the morning, riding, then swimming and then showering and then working.  and then riding home.

im not certain how long it would take me, but its a fairly straight shot.  the only hill is on the way home, right as i turn onto the main road leaving the Y.

im guessing point to point it would take me 45 mins.

i'm gonna chk the mileage tomorrow.

that way i can get a bike in, get a swim and get to work.

wee!
stacieb

2010-04-18 8:08 PM

User image

Champion
STACIE'S GONNA BE LIKE GRAVESY AND RIDE HER BIKE TO AND FROM WORK TOPPAGE.
2010-04-18 8:17 PM
in reply to: #2800131

User image

Master
St. Louis
skrtrnr - 2010-04-18 8:02 PM
mndymond - 2010-04-18 7:48 PM Hey dudes! Did a bike and run today..I shall hit my first IM tomorrow!! I've done the swim about 3x and the run about 2x...but its that pesky bike! I WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN TOMORROW!

Also...starving again...

way to go working towards that 1st IM Melindy.  youre gonna have the bike portion tackled in no time flat.

and my boys love that show Deadliest Warrior.  cool, isnt it?

my money is on William Wallace too.

stacieb

My boy is watching deadliest warrior right now.  New season starts Tuesday.
2010-04-18 8:23 PM

User image

Champion
So I'm contemptating my tri training once the HM is done...I figure its time to start strength and yoga up again...but I'm not sure if I should spend more time on tri training or not...hmm...decisions decisions...

I think yoga for sure...help me out with some of my flexibility issue and it actually forces me to stretch...but I'm not sure about strength...hmm..

Per week:
2x yoga
3x strength
4x swim
3-4x run
3-4x bike....

it just seems like alot...lol

2010-04-18 8:50 PM
in reply to: #2799749

User image

Elite
ironannekidd - 2010-04-18 1:42 PM WOOHOO KIM!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!

Kim Carroll             F   2:38:24 

NICE! Very well done Ghoulie!
New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are STILL doing Ironman distances this month!!! Rss Feed  

of 65