BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2015-02-11 3:46 PM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

User image

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Open
Away from here for a couple of days. Swim session didn't work out on Monday (got a 3 mile walk in on a treadmill instead) and we drove back home from daughter and son in law's yesterday; so no exercise yesterday.....

Had a pretty good practice in the pool this morning. In the water for a little over an hour; managed 1900 yards; was slow on meeting the rest intervals in the segments; but felt ok about the swim. Was tired; shoulders are a bit sore as well.

Will be headed in an hour or so to do some light lifting. Will have to see how that goes.......

Welcome to the several new members that have joined!!! Congrats to those with the new bikes and other equipment like the Garmin. Super group with a lot of varied backgrounds! Amazing that 2 of you are working at the same hospital-small world.

Best to all!!

2015-02-11 4:19 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Southern Norway, Vest-Agder

Originally posted by peto_primo While there are a quite a few folks with swim experience I see there are quite a few others "just getting into the pool" I received this article today and thought it could be beneficial/enlightening - especially if you are doing your first open water swim/tri this year ===================================================================================== If you ever had a basic introduction to swimming or taken Swimming 101 (some colleges actually offer this), you know the reasons why bilateral breathing is important. Breathing on both sides of your body while you are swimming creates smooth, even strokes. You get a better balance in the water by alternating your breathing and you develop uniform muscles. ...

Good points here, points I had not thought of!

Unfortunately the freestyle has been difficult enough in it self, so I have not experimented so much with either bilateral breating or breathing every four strokes. But thinking about it I may sometimes get tired of breating faster than I need - since I breath every second stroke - and having the ability to delay the breathing for one or two more strokes may also be a bonus and good flexibility to have. I will definitely try out this abit more in the pool this friday!

Hmm...still waiting for my bike. It's not even in storage yet. You can't name a baby you haven't seen yet, so I'll give that a bit more thought :-)

Welcome to all the new folks, and have a great week!

Edited by Gnoory 2015-02-11 4:21 PM
2015-02-11 6:02 PM
in reply to: #5078752

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED
So being a girl, I'm already trying to figure out what to wear for race day. I'm doing a sprint tri at the end of June but the swim portion is shortened a little bit AND its in a pool! I'm not sure if I should wear a swim suit because I don't really feel like wearing that during the run (or bike for that matter.) I have a significant amount of baby weight so a sports bra and short shorts aren't an option either.

Any suggestions?
2015-02-11 7:12 PM
in reply to: lauraworz

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by lauraworz

So being a girl, I'm already trying to figure out what to wear for race day. I'm doing a sprint tri at the end of June but the swim portion is shortened a little bit AND its in a pool! I'm not sure if I should wear a swim suit because I don't really feel like wearing that during the run (or bike for that matter.) I have a significant amount of baby weight so a sports bra and short shorts aren't an option either.

Any suggestions?

Are the bike and run portion indoors or outdoors? If it were me and there was zero time to change (my indoor tri had a 10 minute transition so I ran and changed into dry clothes) I would wear a sports bra and tri shorts under my bathing suit and then throw on a shirt during t1. (maybe even rip off the bathing suit and throw on a shirt. There will be so much going on no one is going to pay that much attention to the possibly 5 seconds of near nakedness. I hear ya, with the modesty of it. I'm WAY not comfortable with a bare midriff. ESPECIALLY with tight pants.

Someone suggested to me to practice. Practice the transition (even from your shower if you need to). Practice biking and running with a bathing suit on as well as swimming in the sports bra and tri shorts. You will probably mostly dry during your bike ride. GOOD LUCK!!
2015-02-11 7:18 PM

User image

, Tennessee

Any suggestions?

Have been thinking about that myself. I joined the local tri club - was only $20. They are offering tri-suits for another week for only $95 that are regularly 150'ish. (club is subsidizing part of cost) I hate not to take advantage of that savings but at the same time hate to spend the money in case I only do 1 or 2 tri's. I also had the thought wondering if the local club would prefer a slow newbie not wear a tri suit with their club name on it? Any thoughts on the expense being worth it from some of you with more experience?

Michelle
2015-02-11 7:57 PM
in reply to: nekomidori

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Originally posted by nekomidori

Hello Everyone,
Our group is getting bigger and stronger. I love it.

I got in the pool today and was practicing what I learned on Monday. I am beginnner when it comes to breathing out in the pool. I was putting it all together, the breath, the fluttering of my legs, and tucking my head(a big issue for me), and getting my arms in sinc. I still need to get more info on how to move to get my face up and out enough to get only air and not water. I was blowing out my nose and spitting out water. I was proud I kept going. I did 525 yd in the pool. I was so pleased when I finally realized this. It was kickboard, side stroke, breast stroke, backstroke and of course my new one freestyle. I was so excited because I am actually doing it. I am finding the little things to be excited about.
I sqeezed in some time on the treadmill before I had to get back to work. I got 20 minutes in. It is getting easier to do more jogging, my walking pace is also faster. I thought it was great since I had already spent 30 minutes in the pool.
Yesterday,
I had to squeeze in my bike because of soccer for my boys. I was thinking to do it after (at about 830 pm) So glad I didn't do that. I drank a protein smoothie got my gear on and rode on my trainer. i warmed up while getting the Netflix on. Then I got down to work and happy to realize that I am finding some power in my legs! I did a steady strong pace for 20 minutes. My husband needs to get my Garmin all hooked up so that I can have a more accurate reading.

My husband wants to get me into clips for my pedals and shoes. Anyone else here ride with them? He went and got a full analysis of how his bike is set up and how he moves. He wants to get me one too. I guess it can help see if there are things that need to be adjusted to a person's special circumstances. This is interesting to me.

I feel like a child filled with wonder with the acomplishments I have recently tackled in my life. This is Tri is looking more doable each day!!

Nicole
Week 3 Michael Pates 22 Week Training Program
Move a little more today than yesterday.
Triathon- Is about deciding we are more than the sum of our fears

AWESOME JOB!! You should feel great about what you have accomplished!! I have been struggling with just getting to the pool with the hours that I work. Way to go getting a swim in and then on the treadmill..That's GREAT!!

Funny that you said that your husband wants you to clips and shoes for your bike because my husband wanted them for me too, so I got some around Christmas time. I have only been riding with them on my bike trainer so far since the weather hasn't been good enough for me to get my bike outside yet. I am hoping that I will be use to them and once I get outside and I won't be falling over when I try to stop Although, I have to tell you it is possible to fall over on your trainer..only happened once, LOL!!

2015-02-11 8:18 PM
in reply to: #5092705

User image

Thanks Suzie. I appreciate your encouraging words. I have some slow time at work so I figure I should get workouts in a habit. 21 days to make a habit. I'm 17 days in now so after the weekend I will have a new habit. I'm doing 3 rides, 3 swim and 3 walk/jog workouts a week. Plus trying to get 2 times of weights, and stretching before bed and when I wake up and if I have a few minutes and I'm bored. I'm blessed to be able to work out during the day. I have 3 hours off in the mornings 8-11:30. Split shift. Then I'm back to work.
I didn't know you could fall off of the bike in the trainer. I suppose if you loose your balance anything is possible.
My son got clip ins as well and is still hestitantly getting adjusted to them.
2015-02-11 8:27 PM

New user

NAME: Hi, I'm Tricia.

STORY: Let's see...I think tri's are really fun. My first one was a Danskin and it was fantastic. I'm not very fast at any of the disciplines, but that's ok with me because I compete against myself. I love being outside and I have a dog that I can run with which is pure joy for me.
In August, I fractured my ankle and ruptured two tendons so I was in a boot for a very long time and the ripple effect of that fracture was unimaginable.
My plan is to lose some weight before I start running because I'm extremely worried about injuring myself again. We're doing a Stair Climb in March so I've been spending time on the stairmill for my cardio.

FAMILY STATUS: Happily Married, we have two dogs

CURRENT TRAINING: Right now I'm doing weight training 3 days a week and doing cardio about 3 times a week.

2014 RACES: it's been a while since I've been in a race. I have completed two Danskin sprint tri's and another sprint in Three Rivers, MI, but those were a few years ago.

2015 RACES: Seahorse Sprint Tri in Climax, MI on May 24. Three Rivers Sprint Tri on August 22nd. If something comes along that sounds nice in between those races I might try to fit it in.

WEIGHTLOSS: This is a big issue for me right now. It's been a rough few years and I'm the heaviest I've been in a very long time. I have a lot to lose and I think having a few goals/races in front of me will be very helpful. Consistency is a struggle and I'm determined to make it a lifestyle.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I'm very coachable. :-) I like to learn and I have positive attitude.
2015-02-11 8:47 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Open
Thanks COACH!!! I gotta figure out the run! It's gonna be my thorn!
2015-02-11 8:57 PM
in reply to: Gabby'smom

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Open
YAYYYY FELLOW NURSES! You understand the schedule of a nurse! lol Joint Commission is in house this week and we are rocking it out! =) I am the Nurse Manager of Neurology/Neurosurgery and Epilepsy/Neurodiagnostics. So what are you ladies doing?? I'm anxious about this first sprint!
2015-02-11 9:28 PM
in reply to: peto_primo

Thank you!! Found this to be very interesting!

2015-02-11 9:35 PM

NAME: Ching

STORY: I’m new to triathlon. I always wanted to do one but never really thought about it. My friend actually told me about an indoor triathlon in March. I was like “indoors? Swim in a pool? Oooo… I’m going to sign up!” And so I’m currently signed up for my first triathlon. And before I even complete this triathlon I signed up for another one in August where it is outdoors but the swim is in a pool. Of course, being me, I would sign up before researching on how to train for a triathlon. And after doing some searching, I found this website and this program. I’m just glad I was able to join before the group was closed. So thank you Todd!

I also decided to do a triathlon because I need to lose weight, about 60 pounds or so. BMI wise I’m obese… but people say I don’t look it. The funny thing is I love the outdoors and have gone on backpacking trips and Outward Bound courses and complete them. There’s something about the exhilaration and euphoria at the end of the trip, even though you’re dead tired, that just makes everything awesome. I figure if I can complete those trips overweight/obese, what could I actually accomplish when I’m healthy and fit for once? So I’m hoping training for these two triathlons will help me achieve my weight loss goal.

And the ultimate goal triathlon-wise is doing the 2016 NYC triathlon. I signed up to volunteer for the 2015 NYC triathlon and volunteering guarantees me a spot in the 2016. But I might postpone it to 2017 depending on my comfort level with open water swimming.

FAMILY STATUS: Single, early 30s.

CURRENT TRAINING: Beginning Exercise Program from this website. Although, I’m not sure if this is where I should start. I love swimming and have been swimming a lot within the past 2 years. I haven’t really biked a lot because where I live biking outdoors can be hazardous to your health. So I’ll have to bike on a stationary bike =( I do own a bike though. I just have to find a safe place to ride. I haven’t run in well over 8 years or so. I used to run but I stopped when I found out that I had Chondromalacia. I was told to do PT exercises (to strengthen the leg muscles to stabilize the knee) basically for the rest of my life. Of course, I haven’t been doing that regularly… which is funny because I’m so concerned about early arthritis and not being active later in life. Blah. In full disclosure, I’m planning to walk the 20 minutes run part of the indoor triathlon. I’m hoping that I’ll be in better shape weight-wise to start running before the August triathlon. And I have to admit when I see training plans with the jargon and stuff my head spins…
I’m still exploring this sight so I have to figure out how to use the training log, etc. I’m planning to use MyFitnessPal as my food diary and I’m reading up on the Mayo Clinic Diet book that I bought for 2 bucks! Woohoo!

2014 RACES: N/A

2015 RACES: Indoor Triathlon (3/1); Central Park Triathlon (8/2) The indoor triathlon I have no lofty goals, just to finish and see how I do. For the Central Park triathlon I’m just aiming to finish before they close the course and the SAG come and collect me. I think the course closes in 3 hours. So if I can finish before 3 hours that would be cool. I picked these two triathlons because the swim is in a pool. I’m SO not ready for open water swim mentally and I have to find a place to practice. I don’t think practicing in the Atlantic Ocean is a good idea at this point or ever for me. Unless I have SCUBA gear!

WEIGHTLOSS: I currently weigh 177-179 give or take and I’m 5’3. I need to lose about 55-60 pounds to be within my normal BMI. It’s been frustrating because to lose weight because I either 1) eat well but don’t exercise or 2) exercise but don’t eat well. Now I’m focusing on trying to do both at the same time otherwise I’ll never lose weight.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I like to learn a lot about any given topic and am receptive to other people’s advice and opinion. I also like to help others in any way I can whether by giving advice, listening, or telling stories.
Well, thanks for reading! I look forward to being an active participant in this group.
2015-02-11 9:36 PM

Couple basic questions r/t website - First, how do I post a new question?? I am just replying here but I'm sure there is a "right" way to do it! lol! Second, is it ok for us to start new questions???

Back to TRI- STUFF - so this will be my first SPRINT attempt. I have never done a triathlon and I'm a little worried about the transition portion. I'VE NEVER DONE THAT EITHER! =) Any tips on being prepared?? I'm not real worried about WINNING this race as I am just getting through it BUT I don't want to break any rules. Please share your tips!

I LOVE ALL the info for swimming but does anyone have anything for RUNNING??? I am really weak on my run! I find it to be my lack of attention really but gosh... 5 miles and my body is screaming.... if I make it to 5 miles!

Nutrition - any tips or websites on how to lean up for the race?? I'm 180 lbs, fairly athletic build, skinny but holding a little fat. I'd like to not lose the little muscle I have! =) BUT I do want to lean up! Any websites or recommendations??

Lastly, GEAR! What do I need for the sprint??? Swim shorts??? TRI suit??? Where should I get? Suggestions?

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS! I'm a LITTTTLLLLLEEEE Anxious!

Thank yoU!
2015-02-11 11:06 PM
in reply to: Gnoory

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by Gnoory .still waiting for my bike. It's not even in storage yet. You can't name a baby you haven't seen yet, so I'll give that a bit more thought :-)

Welcome to all the new folks, and have a great week!

Your right, you can't name that baby til you have seen it at least !! Sometimes you even have to ride it a few times to really get to know her -- or him as the case may be. (my road bike is a girl and my 29er is a boy)

Oh and just a thing on terminology - on pedals - clips or toe clips are the hard plastic or metal pieces that would protrude out the front of the pedal that you would slide whatever shoe you are wearing into them (think taping your feet to the pedals in the movie "Breaking Away")
Clipless pedals are those small pedals that attached to some type of bracket bolted onto your shoe - kind of a ski binding connection on a small scale.

And don't worry - EVERYONE falls over at some point learning their pedals. (Although I am not sure about falling over on most trainers now a days - rollers that would be different story Most people eventually get comfortable with them. One time I put toe clips back on a bike that I loaned to a friend. Went for a ride before changing them back out and fell over at a stop sign because I couldn't get out of the toe clips. It was funny.
2015-02-12 3:52 AM
in reply to: peto_primo

User image

Southern Norway, Vest-Agder

It may be my age, all the kids shouting around me or just to little sleep, but I struggle to keep the names and people in order at this forum. We are quite a bunch here now, I everybody has a avatar-name and a real name and a profile picture, some even a bike name or two. I addition to this when using the phone, the profile picture does not appear, and the I find it even more difficult to remember who is who.

What I notice is that signartures are really great, because they appear both on the regular website and on the mobile version. I encourage everyone to add a signature with your real name. That would make i easier for those like me with limited capacity handling names and faces :-)

You go into "Settings" via the menu in the top right of the page where it says "Hello, <Your-Username>" :

(Signature.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Signature.JPG (42KB - 3 downloads)
2015-02-12 7:44 AM
in reply to: steph325

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by steph325

I'm having trouble with the swim portion. As in, I haven't even started. The only local indoor pool we have is used by the high school and has limited hours. The swim team's season is just about over and I'll be able to do maybe one night a week until I can open up my own pool at home. Maybe I should find a Tri in late summer otherwise I won't be able to get much swim training in. Anyone else in this predicament?

Mine is similar but not as bad. I have an aquatic center close by, but mine like yours is being over run with school students and their swim teams. Not to mention we have two other school districts that bus in twice a week as well. There is time to swim, but we used to be able to swim at opening (6a) until 7 before the first group showed up. Now they show at 6:30 a.m., and that 30 minutes lost makes a huge difference because it takes everyone from 7 lanes down to 2, the minute they walk in the door. Pretty much the same thing after work, they dominate the pool from 4:30 - 6p, which leaves just 6 - 7 p.m. I don't mind the late swim but then I get home late, which cost me time with my family. I guess the 30 minutes less in the morning really is what bothered me the most, but it made such a huge difference. Add in that the school does not own the pool and they are charged like $1 a year total for them to use it and it makes me more irritated. I just don't understand why I am forced out of a lane as a paid user, while others don't pay and have more access than I. Let me add so that no one needs to get mad, I know if the school built one it would cost taxes dollars, and it gives kids a good physical activity to participate in, but that does not make it less frustrating.

2015-02-12 7:54 AM
in reply to: Gabby'smom

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Gabby'smom

Any suggestions?

Have been thinking about that myself. I joined the local tri club - was only $20. They are offering tri-suits for another week for only $95 that are regularly 150'ish. (club is subsidizing part of cost) I hate not to take advantage of that savings but at the same time hate to spend the money in case I only do 1 or 2 tri's. I also had the thought wondering if the local club would prefer a slow newbie not wear a tri suit with their club name on it? Any thoughts on the expense being worth it from some of you with more experience?

Michelle

As long as you are going to wear it I would say that it is worth it. Tri suits (whether one piece or two) hold up really well as long as they are not in chlorine a lot and you wash them in cold water and air dry. So even if you only wear it twice this year it will still be there next year for that season. I don't wear it anymore but I still have my Tri Suit from my first tri over 4 years ago and it is like the day I bought it. The other part of the question, heck no they are not going to mind you wearing their "kit" on race day. It is advertisement so to speak and you are a part of the group. You wearing it may inspire another that was afraid to sign up go to the club and do just that. The other thing to the cost is baring super sales you will spend about the same amount on a tri top and bottom as they want for the suit.
2015-02-12 8:00 AM
in reply to: Tootalltippy

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Tootalltippy

Couple basic questions r/t website - First, how do I post a new question?? I am just replying here but I'm sure there is a "right" way to do it! lol! Second, is it ok for us to start new questions???

Back to TRI- STUFF - so this will be my first SPRINT attempt. I have never done a triathlon and I'm a little worried about the transition portion. I'VE NEVER DONE THAT EITHER! =) Any tips on being prepared?? I'm not real worried about WINNING this race as I am just getting through it BUT I don't want to break any rules. Please share your tips!

I LOVE ALL the info for swimming but does anyone have anything for RUNNING??? I am really weak on my run! I find it to be my lack of attention really but gosh... 5 miles and my body is screaming.... if I make it to 5 miles!

Nutrition - any tips or websites on how to lean up for the race?? I'm 180 lbs, fairly athletic build, skinny but holding a little fat. I'd like to not lose the little muscle I have! =) BUT I do want to lean up! Any websites or recommendations??

Lastly, GEAR! What do I need for the sprint??? Swim shorts??? TRI suit??? Where should I get? Suggestions?

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS! I'm a LITTTTLLLLLEEEE Anxious!

Thank yoU!

Go almost to the bottom of page 9 in this group and you will find an entire post I did on just this topic. If you have any further question please ask.
2015-02-12 12:46 PM
in reply to: Suzie471

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by Suzie471

Hello Everyone,

I got in the pool today and was practicing what I learned on Monday. I am beginnner when it comes to breathing out in the pool. I was putting it all together, the breath, the fluttering of my legs, and tucking my head(a big issue for me), and getting my arms in sinc. I still need to get more info on how to move to get my face up and out enough to get only air and not water. I was blowing out my nose and spitting out water. I was proud I kept going. I did 525 yd in the pool. I was so pleased when I finally realized this. It was kickboard, side stroke, breast stroke, backstroke and of course my new one freestyle. I was so excited because I am actually doing it. I am finding the little things to be excited about.
I sqeezed in some time on the treadmill before I had to get back to work. I got 20 minutes in. It is getting easier to do more jogging, my walking pace is also faster. I thought it was great since I had already spent 30 minutes in the pool.
Yesterday,
I had to squeeze in my bike because of soccer for my boys. I was thinking to do it after (at about 830 pm) So glad I didn't do that. I drank a protein smoothie got my gear on and rode on my trainer. i warmed up while getting the Netflix on. Then I got down to work and happy to realize that I am finding some power in my legs! I did a steady strong pace for 20 minutes. My husband needs to get my Garmin all hooked up so that I can have a more accurate reading.

My husband wants to get me into clips for my pedals and shoes. Anyone else here ride with them? He went and got a full analysis of how his bike is set up and how he moves. He wants to get me one too. I guess it can help see if there are things that need to be adjusted to a person's special circumstances. This is interesting to me.

I feel like a child filled with wonder with the acomplishments I have recently tackled in my life. This is Tri is looking more doable each day!!

Nicole

Those are amazing accomplishments. Your body is getting stronger! That's SO awesome. I can't wait to feel that! Keep inspiring me, Nicole! You're awesome!
2015-02-12 12:52 PM
in reply to: Gnoory

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by Gnoory

It may be my age, all the kids shouting around me or just to little sleep, but I struggle to keep the names and people in order at this forum. We are quite a bunch here now, I everybody has a avatar-name and a real name and a profile picture, some even a bike name or two. I addition to this when using the phone, the profile picture does not appear, and the I find it even more difficult to remember who is who.

What I notice is that signartures are really great, because they appear both on the regular website and on the mobile version. I encourage everyone to add a signature with your real name. That would make i easier for those like me with limited capacity handling names and faces :-)

You go into "Settings" via the menu in the top right of the page where it says "Hello, " :

THANK YOU! I second this! It'd be awesome to know people's real names. or make one up! It helps to differentiate everyone! Great suggestion Espen! ~Colleen
2015-02-12 7:16 PM
in reply to: Smiley9188

Originally posted by Smiley9188

Originally posted by Suzie471

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday,

Nicole

Those are amazing accomplishments. Your body is getting stronger! That's SO awesome. I can't wait to feel that! Keep inspiring me, Nicole! You're awesome!

Wow that is great. You did a lot. I just started my official training on Sunday. Twice this week I have swam and walked on the treadmill, and I have gotten two days in with biking inside. I am exhausted at night. I fall asleep in the chair around 8pm. I hope this does not last long.
Question My biking is indoors on an upright bike. What should I set the resistance too? How fast should I aim to pedal at? My rear got sore just riding for 30 min.
I have lots more questions but am learning a lot from other people posts

2015-02-12 7:23 PM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

Originally posted by 2NewKnees

Away from here for a couple of days. Swim session didn't work out on Monday (got a 3 mile walk in on a treadmill instead) and we drove back home from daughter and son in law's yesterday; so no exercise yesterday.....

Had a pretty good practice in the pool this morning. In the water for a little over an hour; managed 1900 yards; was slow on meeting the rest intervals in the segments; but felt ok about the swim. Was tired; shoulders are a bit sore as well.

Will be headed in an hour or so to do some light lifting. Will have to see how that goes.......

Welcome to the several new members that have joined!!! Congrats to those with the new bikes and other equipment like the Garmin. Super group with a lot of varied backgrounds! Amazing that 2 of you are working at the same hospital-small world.

Best to all!!

I agree that it is amazing two of us are working at the hospital. I am impressed with the hour long swimming. That is great. I was exhausted on Wednesday when I did two 250 yes with a 30 sec break. I hope I am understanding the sprints right. The swim is 1/4 mile or about 440 yards???
I have not been doing in weight lifting I don't know if I can find time to fit another training in.
Any suggestions
2015-02-12 8:09 PM
in reply to: Lizfuze

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Lizfuze

Originally posted by 2NewKnees

Best to all!!

I agree that it is amazing two of us are working at the hospital. I am impressed with the hour long swimming. That is great. I was exhausted on Wednesday when I did two 250 yes with a 30 sec break. I hope I am understanding the sprints right. The swim is 1/4 mile or about 440 yards???
I have not been doing in weight lifting I don't know if I can find time to fit another training in.
Any suggestions

Yes you are correct about the distance or at least within 50 yards or so. If you can't find time for strength I would NOT give up an of the three disciplines for it. Your getting stronger at this point simple by doing what you're doing
2015-02-12 8:12 PM

Thanks suzie, just learning how to start a post. Thank you everyone for all your good insight I am leaning a lot just reading your post. everyone seems to be doing really well keep up the hard work. It is worth it
2015-02-12 8:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I could have sworn that I read way back that someone has a Fitbit Charge HR. If I am right can you tell me what you thought, HR accuracy, distance accuracy, does it actually map your run, what do you think of it. I really like my Garmin 910 but am tired of the heart rate strap and now work more by Hr than speed / pace, plus bike computers are cheap for me to get that feedback.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44

RELATED POSTS

Successful Triathlon Training, by Fred D - OPEN

Started by Fred D
Views: 1133 Posts: 2

2015-01-21 6:28 AM juanjaramillo

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.