BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bschulte mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2009-11-12 10:52 AM
in reply to: #2078550

Regular
Soutwest Florida
Subject: RE: bschulte mentor Group - Closed
Thanks MacMadame for the good words. Now to train for the winter marathons. I was hoping to sign up for FL Iron but it was full the day of the race, only thing left is community slots. I think it is going to be Iron Coz now for me. My brother wants to do that race I tried to convince him to do Lousiville but no such luck. I guess I will see how these guys do in a couple weeks and then punch the ticket after hearing how the race went down there. Just a little nervous about flying bike and traveling out of country for my first Iron. The conditions there are as close to FL as possible, I live in the flat area of Southwest FL. Looking forward already for next year. I guess I have the bug. 

2009-11-21 10:13 PM
in reply to: #2510660

User image

Veteran
Denver
This time of year in CO is good for one thing only....waiting for snowboard season.  On the other hand, I will be (with the internet God's help) be registering Monday at 12 noon for IMAZ.  I am now starting to plan next year and have picked up the Boulder series (sprint, olympic, and half-iron distances) for June, July, and Aug.  It will be nice to have something to move towards beginning in January, as right now I am basically just maintaining and doing some off-season strength training. 
2009-11-24 1:12 PM
in reply to: #2525405

User image

Alpharetta, GA
baldbuyer - 2009-11-21 11:13 PM This time of year in CO is good for one thing only....waiting for snowboard season.  On the other hand, I will be (with the internet God's help) be registering Monday at 12 noon for IMAZ.  I am now starting to plan next year and have picked up the Boulder series (sprint, olympic, and half-iron distances) for June, July, and Aug.  It will be nice to have something to move towards beginning in January, as right now I am basically just maintaining and doing some off-season strength training. 

Did you get into IMAZ?
2009-11-24 7:57 PM
in reply to: #2529504

User image

Veteran
Denver
Yes, I did.  Hopefullly you won't mind when I pester you for advice on certain things.  I saw that you have run this course before, what's your take on this course as far as using it for a first IM?
2009-11-27 10:07 PM

User image

Expert
Northern CA
I signed up for IMAZ too!
2009-11-27 10:53 PM
in reply to: #2533546

User image

Veteran
Denver
I'm glad that you got in, too.  I went back later Monday night to look over the course and peoples' race reports, and it had sold out.  It is hard to believe that these things sell out so quickly.  Now I have something to keep the discipline and motivation going.

2009-11-29 12:04 PM

User image

Alpharetta, GA
IMAZ was my first IM.  It's a good course for a first IM!  When I did it back in 2006 it was the first week in April, which made for a completely different race.  It was 93 degrees on the run and I had 1 day above 70 degrees for my training for this race.  To say that was a shock to the system would be an understatement.  Being in the fall the temps should be more manageable and your bodies should still have a little heat acclimation from Summer left.  I look forward to helping however I can.

Best of luck!
2009-11-29 8:15 PM

Regular
Soutwest Florida
Waiting to hear how all the BTers did on Coz. I will be signing up tomorrow. My brother talked me in to doing that one instead of KY. I wanted to do something in the states but he said lets plan a vacation. lol The problem for me is that I will go crazy thinking about it for the next 12 months. Now to actually get signed up tomorrow. I missed out on FL. The course seems to be pretty good to the pros so far now to read the higlights. Good luck with AZ. Maybe 2011?
2009-11-30 7:46 PM

Regular
Soutwest Florida
Well thought I would post this I did it punched the ticket doing Iroman Cozumel next year. 363 days to go. lol Cant wait to start trng. Good luck all with winter trng.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » bschulte mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 14