BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Colin Cook's Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 24

2010-06-02 7:39 PM
in reply to: #2891893

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
Subject: RE: Colin Cook's Mentor Group - CLOSED
sbright - 2010-05-31 10:26 AM Thanks, Colin.  My number of strokes is usually 16 or 17 for a 25y length.  This is down from about 19 when I started back up swimming a few weeks ago.  I can maintain that 2:00/100y pace for quite a while (that pace feels relaxed), but I've not done a longer time trial.  I will do that this week and let you know how it goes. 

And to the new triathletes among us...CONGRATULATIONS!  I loved reading about your races and it sounds like you both did awesome!

Oh yeah, the photos look great too!  Its awesome that you're smiling and its a very good sign.  These things are fun huh!  Smile

2010-06-02 7:41 PM
in reply to: #2891893

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
sbright - 2010-05-31 10:26 AM Thanks, Colin.  My number of strokes is usually 16 or 17 for a 25y length.  This is down from about 19 when I started back up swimming a few weeks ago.  I can maintain that 2:00/100y pace for quite a while (that pace feels relaxed), but I've not done a longer time trial.  I will do that this week and let you know how it goes. 

And to the new triathletes among us...CONGRATULATIONS!  I loved reading about your races and it sounds like you both did awesome!

Hey Sarah,

16 or 17 is awesome!  It sounds like your stroke is really coming along!!!  I wouldn't be concerned with trying to reduce your stroke count down much lower than that.  At this point, I would suggest focusing on your pull.  This is where most of your power is generated from and if you can pull harder, it should help increase your speed.

Let me know your results of the time trial if you get one in, but great job!
2010-06-02 7:50 PM
in reply to: #2897536

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
Slowboy3094 - 2010-06-02 6:39 PM It has been kind of crazy the last couple of weeks as far a training goes.  I have been really busy at work, I had an job interview with the Department of State, hurt my shoulder, etc.

However, last weekend my wife and I did a 13 mile bike followed by a 3 mile run.  I do not feel the pain with Brick runs, I know that sounds crazy, but my wife feels the same way.  Today, I did about 5.5 miles.

I am not doing any muay thai or other training right now because of my shoulder.  I might be doing a mud run this weekend, we will see if not I will get a training ride in while my wife competes.

Hey Chris,

I hope the interview with the Department of State went well!  But, I'm very sorry to hear about the shoulder.  Its sounds like it may be serious if its kept you out of muay thai.  However, I'm glad to see you're still training.

That's terrific that the brick workouts are not troublesome for you!  That will really help you in triathlons as it normally takes people a while to get used to this.

That mud run sounds like a blast!  I've heard a lot of good things about those.  Let us know how it goes if you end of doing it.

Hope that shoulder gets better fast, but it sounds like you're still doing great!
2010-06-02 9:25 PM
in reply to: #2776638

User image

Veteran
Georgia
Hello Everyone

Been out of town for a couple of days, missed my Monday workout, however it gave my body a 3 day break, had a hard day at work, but managed to get a run in this evening before dark, my first event is next Sunday, I can't wait.... Colin if you could look at my calender at my planned training to make sure my taper is correct for next week... also I think I'm not going to do my strength training this week or next week to give my body at little break before the race... Hope everyone's training is going well. Also any advice for my first race would be helpful... Thanks

Does anyone have a Garmin 310xt if so what are your thoughts and debating buying a tri suit??? Input appreciated...

TIM 1
2010-06-02 9:31 PM
in reply to: #2890022

User image

Veteran
Georgia
ET1SW47 - 2010-05-29 11:05 AM Hey Everybody!!!  I am a Triathlete now!!

Going by my HRM It looks like I finished in 1:46:38!!  Thats a good 13 minutes better than I was shooting for!

The only regrets I have are not being able to run.  I don't know if I over did it on the swim and the bike but, I ended up walking at least 3/4 of the run due my left leg hurting (shin and ankle area) but primarily, every time I ram more than 30 secs my heart rate was going into the 180s.  I promised I would back off any time I went into the 180s. Oh well... better (more cnsistant) training next time should produce better results!

I hope everyone else was as successful (relatively speaking) as I was!

Full race report around the first of the week.  Now its time to go into work for 12.5 hours. Frown  The fun never stops!  LOL

Congrats Timmy
I look forward to joining you as a triathlete... keep up the good work cant wait to see your race report..

Tim 1

WooHoo, I did it!!

Timmy!!!!!
2010-06-02 9:33 PM
in reply to: #2890070

User image

Veteran
Georgia
michgirlsk - 2010-05-29 12:04 PM Way to go Timmy!  I finished my sprint tri too!!  It was fun!!!

To summarize:  I took it easy on the swim because I didn't really know what to expect.  What with all I've read about the crazy mass swims, I didn't want anything too horrendous to happen to me!  But actually, this wave start was not bad at all- not as many people I guess. (It was females under 40.) I did get nudged a few times during the swim, no biggie though.  They changed the course to an out and back (due to weeds I heard), and the out I just really could not see ahead of me because of the sun shining into my eyes.  So my sighting was based on those around me.  The back the sun was behind us so it was better. The bike I just went for it. Even in the first mile I started feeling my quads. I wasn't sure if I'd really burn out, and there were times I thought I'd back off, but I decided to just keep at it.  I achieved my overall goal here, which was to get an average of 17+mph.  During the bike ride I loved seeing all the hybrids, it made me smile!  (Because I was on one too! Smile) When I first got to the race site I hardly saw any, all I saw were tri bikes, so I was happy to see them during the race hehe.  I also loved seeing the occasional little kid going at it! (okay, little = like 12.)  Before the race, I had heard someone comment that there were a lot of younger people at the race, 20-somethings and under.  Anyway, then there was the run.  I started off feeling well... and then came the side-stitch which progressively got worse. I am pretty sure this is from eating and drinking too much before the race.  I was worried about not having enough energy and/or not being well-hydrated, and I think I may have overdone it. I considered walking but just kept at it.  (Although I did walk at the turn around and through an aid station, at which point there was a turn and I almost went the wrong way lol.)  Towards the end, a girl passed me and I decided to try to keep up with her.  I did, and was able to finish relatively strong- which I would hope for since I was putting in less than maximal effort throughout the race. (Passed her at the end! ) The run was a bit disappointing and if that side-stitch didn't appear I know I could have done better, but otherwise I am quite happy with this tri and I am anxious for my next one!!  (June 23- yes that's a Wednesday! )

Congrats on your sprint tri... sounds like overall you did well except for the eating that caught up with you...keep up the good work...

Tim 1

2010-06-03 4:04 PM

User image

Veteran
This is a little bit of a crazy question, and maybe no one will know the answer, but I'm going to try. 

Here's the setup:  In addition to being a triathlete-in-training, I am also a dancer/singer in stage productions.  I have just been cast in a show that will require at least four 3-hour dance rehearsals a week and quite possibly more.  

What impact will adding 12 hours per week of exercise to my schedule have on my triathlon training?  Should I make any kind of adjustment or just enjoy the chance to use different muscle groups in different ways?

Thanks!  
2010-06-03 4:46 PM
in reply to: #2899703

sbright - 2010-06-03 4:04 PM This is a little bit of a crazy question, and maybe no one will know the answer, but I'm going to try. 

Here's the setup:  In addition to being a triathlete-in-training, I am also a dancer/singer in stage productions.  I have just been cast in a show that will require at least four 3-hour dance rehearsals a week and quite possibly more.  

What impact will adding 12 hours per week of exercise to my schedule have on my triathlon training?  Should I make any kind of adjustment or just enjoy the chance to use different muscle groups in different ways?

Thanks!  

I do additional training, with boxing, muay thai, yoga, and other training.  I believe it is complementary training.  You need to know you body.  Obviously the dancing probably pays the bills so do not get hurt.  You may need to take an additional day off, but it should not be too bad. 
2010-06-03 8:19 PM

User image

Hey Gang... my race report is up!!   Please let me know if you think I need to add anything.  I do plan on adding some pics as soon as I get around to resizing them for the site.  Colin, I will get to your questions when I get some more time to reply.

Timmy!!!

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/directory/link-detail.asp?linkid=5334

2010-06-04 12:07 PM
in reply to: #2897991

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
shake-n-bake - 2010-06-02 10:25 PM Hello Everyone

Been out of town for a couple of days, missed my Monday workout, however it gave my body a 3 day break, had a hard day at work, but managed to get a run in this evening before dark, my first event is next Sunday, I can't wait.... Colin if you could look at my calender at my planned training to make sure my taper is correct for next week... also I think I'm not going to do my strength training this week or next week to give my body at little break before the race... Hope everyone's training is going well. Also any advice for my first race would be helpful... Thanks

Does anyone have a Garmin 310xt if so what are your thoughts and debating buying a tri suit??? Input appreciated...

TIM 1

Hey Tim,

I'd definitely like to make a few adjustments to your taper.  I can only see the times of how long you're planned workouts should be, which is unfortunate as I would like to see what exactly you are doing for each workout.  However, you do not want to take 3 days completely off heading into the event.  Yes, you do want your body to be rested, but you still need to stay active.  For next week, I would take Thursday off, maybe do a 10 minute swim on Friday, then bike for 15-20 minutes and run for 10 minutes on Saturday.  During these workouts, you should do 4 "strides" of 20 seconds hard with a full recovery (probably about a minute in between each) after each.  The points of these workouts are merely to keep the body active and prepare for race day.

In general, during your taper, intensity does stay high, but the duration of each workout shortens.  How does that sound?   
2010-06-04 12:12 PM
in reply to: #2897991

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
shake-n-bake - 2010-06-02 10:25 PM

TIM 1

Oh yeah, forgot about the Garmin 310xt question.  Yes, I have and love my 310xt.  However, unless you're planning to do an Ironman anytime soon, I would recommend the 305 instead.  Its a lot less expensive, bout half the price, and has just about the all the same features except it has a shorter battery life.  I preordered my 310 last year and the reason I bought it was because they were claiming it would accurate measure your OWS swim distance.  It does NOT!  However, they apparently just released a new firmware that fixed this.  I'm waiting to hear if it works out for people before I make the upgrade.
In order to accurately measure your swim distance, with either the 305 or 310, you can put the watch under your swim cap and that has worked great for me.

2010-06-04 12:22 PM
in reply to: #2899703

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
sbright - 2010-06-03 5:04 PM This is a little bit of a crazy question, and maybe no one will know the answer, but I'm going to try. 

Thanks!  

Hey Sarah,

That's a very interesting question and I'm not sure I have an answer for you, but I'll shed some light on it.  I'm certainly no dancer and never have been one so excuse my ignorance, but are the rehearsal strenuous on your body?  I would assume it varies from rehearsal to rehearsal.  Also, do you have time/want to continue training for triathlons as much as you have been prior to getting the new gig?  If you want to continue to have the same goals in triathlon, you're probably going to have to start doing shorter, higher intensity workouts and compensate for the lack of training time.  Are your goals going to stay the same?

Get back to me on this and hopefully we can figure something out.  Oh yeah, congratulations on getting the part!
2010-06-04 1:41 PM

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
Hi Everyone,

I'm off to Bristol NH this weekend to race in the Mooseman Half Ironman on Sunday.  Hopefully the weather will be OK as there are a chance of showers and the course is probably going to be a little soggy.  Anyways, I just wanted to show you guys some of the mental preparation I have done to get ready for the race.  I went up and did the course last weekend so I would have an idea of the course and where the hills are (basically everywhere Smile).  Before a big race, I write out my race report and tell exactly what my plan is for the race.  Here it is:

Mooseman HIM Goals

Swim:  Start off towards the front of the pack, but a little off to the right of the buoy and come out strong.  However, make sure to keep your composure and pace yourself properly.  Then get yourself into a groove and focus on smooth, long, powerful strokes.  Spot every 10 strokes and make sure to stay straight.  Come out of the water before 29:59.

Transition 1:  Be calm and collected in T1.  Coming out of the water, already have your wetsuit unzipped, and put your goggles and cap in the sleeve of your wetsuit. When entering the transition area, know exactly where your bike is.  Pull your wetsuit socks off nice and easily and then kick your wetsuit off with your legs.   Immediately put your sunglasses and helmet on comfortably right away.  Get right out on the bike in less than 59 seconds.  Smoothly jump on the bike in one motion, put bike gloves on smoothly, and then strap on shoes on gradually while making sure to maintain your speed.  Once your settled in, take a GU.

Bike:    Dominate!  Maintain a 20+mph average.  Focus of being efficient at all times, especially on the hills.  Think about being smooth with every pedal stroke.  Push through the hills, but keep control of heart rate and power.  Be safe and in control on the down hills.  Average over 275 watts on the bike.   Take a GU every 40 minutes and half a Cliff bar every hour.  Also consume about 8 ounces of fluids every 15 minutes.

Transition 2:   Bike gloves off and put in bento box while still riding and get your feet out of your shoes while still on the bike.  Make sure you get your leg up nice and high and over on bike dismount.  Land smoothly and go straight into running with the bike.  Unstrap helmet and take off helmet and glasses while still running to transition area. Know exactly where your transition spot is and mount your bike easily.  Put on socks very easily and slip right into your shoes.  Grab your hat and race belt and put them on while heading out for the run.

Run:  ITS ALL ABOUT THE RUN!  Focus on your breathing and having comfortable breathing for the entire run.  Run at 6:59 pace for 10 minutes, power walk for 20 seconds, and repeat 8 more times.  Take a GU every 40 minutes and grab something to drink at each mile marker.  Finish the last .4 miles in less than 2:30 min and you’re done!  Go celebrate and feel great that all your hard work paid off!

If I execute this game plan, I will finish in under 5 hours.  My initial goal was to finish in under 4:45, but after seeing all those nasty hills last weekend, I realized that may be a bit of a push this year.  Nonetheless, I'm really excited for the race and I'm ready! 

I'll let everyone know how it goes.  I should be online tomorrow if my WiFi card works, but I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2010-06-04 1:56 PM
in reply to: #2901491

User image

Expert
MI

Colin, thank for sharing.  Good luck this weekend and I look forward to hearing how you did!

Tim (1), you also have a race this weekend right?  Good luck!

Well, as for me.  (sigh!)  The foot that I banged up from hitting a chair still isn't fully healed.  I am seriously considering not running the half-marathon which would be a sad sad thing, but wouldn't want to make it worse... The race is on Sunday, so I still have some time to rest up... I'll head down to the race start and everything and do a little warm-up, and depending how I feel then, will decide whether or not to do the half... hopefully I will be thinking rationally and decide not to run through the pain...

2010-06-04 5:02 PM
in reply to: #2901246

User image

Veteran
Georgia

Hey Tim,

I'd definitely like to make a few adjustments to your taper.  I can only see the times of how long you're planned workouts should be, which is unfortunate as I would like to see what exactly you are doing for each workout.  However, you do not want to take 3 days completely off heading into the event.  Yes, you do want your body to be rested, but you still need to stay active.  For next week, I would take Thursday off, maybe do a 10 minute swim on Friday, then bike for 15-20 minutes and run for 10 minutes on Saturday.  During these workouts, you should do 4 "strides" of 20 seconds hard with a full recovery (probably about a minute in between each) after each.  The points of these workouts are merely to keep the body active and prepare for race day.

In general, during your taper, intensity does stay high, but the duration of each workout shortens.  How does that sound?   

Colin
That sounds good on the taper, good luck this weekend, I'm going to do a prep mini tri tomorrow , thinking 600 yard swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run to get the feel for the transition through all 3 sports.... I will let you know how it goes...
Race is next weekend can't wait..

Tim(1)
2010-06-05 2:02 PM

Woodstock
Hi Everyone,
Long time, no write, but I read everyone's comments each day so I've been keeping up and staying motivated.  Congratulations to Samantha and Timmy on becoming new Triathletes!  That is exciting! 

I was gone most of last week for a trip to FL during Memorial Day weekend, so I only ran once while in FL with my wife and pushing a double stroller with my 5 yo and 3 yo, so that was a little added resistance . . . .  After returning and catching up on everyone's posts, I decided to do my own sprint tri this morning to see if I could do it.  I signed up a few weeks ago for the Lake Lanier Sprint Tri (north of Atlanta for those outside GA) which is a 400yd OWS, 13mi bike ride and 5k run on October 3rd.  Therefore, this morning I went to Gold's Gym and did my own version with the same distances as the race.  It took me right around 2 hours to complete which is well under the maximum 2 h 45 m time limit set for the event.  To be honest, I didn't really know if I could do the whole thing, but I made it!  My most difficult event is definitely the swim, but I've got 4 month until the event, so I know I'll be much stronger by that time (confession time: I really spent most of my time doing the back stroke,  Embarassed, but at least I never touched the bottom of the pool and never rested at the ends. 

Anyway, good luck to you this weekend, Colin (thanks for sharing your game plan), and most of all, CONGRATULATIONS to you, Samantha and Timmy!
Have a great weekend,
Russ

2010-06-05 4:42 PM
in reply to: #2901531

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
michgirlsk - 2010-06-04 2:56 PM

Colin, thank for sharing.  Good luck this weekend and I look forward to hearing how you did!

Tim (1), you also have a race this weekend right?  Good luck!

Well, as for me.  (sigh!)  The foot that I banged up from hitting a chair still isn't fully healed.  I am seriously considering not running the half-marathon which would be a sad sad thing, but wouldn't want to make it worse... The race is on Sunday, so I still have some time to rest up... I'll head down to the race start and everything and do a little warm-up, and depending how I feel then, will decide whether or not to do the half... hopefully I will be thinking rationally and decide not to run through the pain...

Hey Samantha,

I'm very sorry to hear that and I hope you have made some progress with the foot since posting your message.  I think you're doing the right thing, but seeing how it is tomorrow and making a decision just prior to the race.  I know you want to race and this an A race for you, but no single race is worth potentially giving yourself a long term injury.  Nonetheless, just stay positive!  I hope it feels better by tomorrow and you are able to race.  Please let us know what happens.
2010-06-05 4:44 PM
in reply to: #2901885

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
shake-n-bake - 2010-06-04 6:02 PM

Colin
That sounds good on the taper, good luck this weekend, I'm going to do a prep mini tri tomorrow , thinking 600 yard swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run to get the feel for the transition through all 3 sports.... I will let you know how it goes...

Tim(1)

Good stuff time!  I hope the mini tri went well.  Let us know how it went!
2010-06-05 4:52 PM
in reply to: #2902587

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
GA Tri(er) - 2010-06-05 3:02 PM Hi Everyone,
Long time, no write, but I read everyone's comments each day so I've been keeping up and staying motivated.  Congratulations to Samantha and Timmy on becoming new Triathletes!  That is exciting! 

I was gone most of last week for a trip to FL during Memorial Day weekend, so I only ran once while in FL with my wife and pushing a double stroller with my 5 yo and 3 yo, so that was a little added resistance . . . .  After returning and catching up on everyone's posts, I decided to do my own sprint tri this morning to see if I could do it.  I signed up a few weeks ago for the Lake Lanier Sprint Tri (north of Atlanta for those outside GA) which is a 400yd OWS, 13mi bike ride and 5k run on October 3rd.  Therefore, this morning I went to Gold's Gym and did my own version with the same distances as the race.  It took me right around 2 hours to complete which is well under the maximum 2 h 45 m time limit set for the event.  To be honest, I didn't really know if I could do the whole thing, but I made it!  My most difficult event is definitely the swim, but I've got 4 month until the event, so I know I'll be much stronger by that time (confession time: I really spent most of my time doing the back stroke,  Embarassed, but at least I never touched the bottom of the pool and never rested at the ends. 

Anyway, good luck to you this weekend, Colin (thanks for sharing your game plan), and most of all, CONGRATULATIONS to you, Samantha and Timmy!
Have a great weekend,
Russ

Great to hear from you Russ!  Congrats on a great workout today!  That is very impressive and its got to be a great confidence booster.  Well I hope we hear from you more often, but you're absolutely right.  If you get the training in, I'm very confident your times will improve.

Once again, great to hear from you and I hope we hear back from you soon.
2010-06-05 6:49 PM

User image

Good Luck tomorrow, Colin!! Laughing
2010-06-05 7:43 PM
in reply to: #2902752

User image

Veteran
Georgia
hockeyhands - 2010-06-05 5:44 PM
shake-n-bake - 2010-06-04 6:02 PM

Colin

Tim(1)

Good stuff time!  I hope the mini tri went well.  Let us know how it went!

Well everything went well except for getting started around 12:30 pm, it was hot and humid...
640 Yard swim out in 11'37
T1 in and out 2'58
11.50 bike 38'26
T2 in and out 2'05 put socks on for the run
3.40 run34'59

1hr 30 min total
Overall it felt good....getting off the bike into the run took a min. to get used to, I just need to get better at sighting so I stay on my line..

2010-06-06 1:42 PM
in reply to: #2902915

User image

Expert
MI
Well everyone, I did the half marathon. It may not have been the right decision as at the moment I cannot walk properly (worse than before) but ah well, I can't really say I am feeling as though I regret it.  Originally I had said that I would see how the foot is feeling race morning and then decide, but I basically decided last night that I would do it no matter what.  I could walk on the toes without any problems, so I thought I'll just run on the toes (left foot) too!  lol.  Well, I ran about half on the toes, and then I could start a callus/blister thing coming on, so I stopped that and started running normally, which then made the original problem worse of course.  And then I was also battling a previous injury flare-up which I never had problems with during training!

But all that aside, my primary goal going in was to go below 1:45.  My official time was 1:45:58, so although I was off my actual goal time by about a minute, I still came in the 1:45 range, so I can be happy about this!  I was able to have a final "surge" at the end, which I am now VERY glad I did, or else it would have been a 1:46!  So that also makes me happy.

I plan on writing up a race report later.
2010-06-07 8:08 AM
in reply to: #2901286

User image

Veteran
Thanks for the advice.  The intensity of the rehearsals vary, and I've discovered now that we've gotten started that I won't have to dance the full rehearsal at any time.  The biggest problem, of course, is that my legs are just so darn tired - they're tired when I get to rehearsal from running or biking, and then they're tired the next day from dancing! 

My plan is this:  I can push through the dancing on tired/sore legs because I've been doing that for years.  The day following a tough rehearsal, though, I'll schedule swim workouts instead of biking or running, and I'll try to put as much time between the workouts as possible.  Napping will become a scheduled part of my day! 

I like your suggestion, Colin, that the workouts be more intense, but shorter.  I really would like to keep my triathlon goals the same since I am only signed up for one this season and would hate to finish it feeling like I could have worked harder.  My main goal, since it will be my first, is to finish, but I do have some specific time goals set for myself, too.
2010-06-07 8:07 PM
in reply to: #2903540

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
michgirlsk - 2010-06-06 2:42 PM Well everyone, I did the half marathon. It may not have been the right decision as at the moment I cannot walk properly (worse than before) but ah well, I can't really say I am feeling as though I regret it.  Originally I had said that I would see how the foot is feeling race morning and then decide, but I basically decided last night that I would do it no matter what.  I could walk on the toes without any problems, so I thought I'll just run on the toes (left foot) too!  lol.  Well, I ran about half on the toes, and then I could start a callus/blister thing coming on, so I stopped that and started running normally, which then made the original problem worse of course.  And then I was also battling a previous injury flare-up which I never had problems with during training!

But all that aside, my primary goal going in was to go below 1:45.  My official time was 1:45:58, so although I was off my actual goal time by about a minute, I still came in the 1:45 range, so I can be happy about this!  I was able to have a final "surge" at the end, which I am now VERY glad I did, or else it would have been a 1:46!  So that also makes me happy.

I plan on writing up a race report later.

Great job Samantha and congratulations!  However, I really hope you didn't seriously injury yourself in the process.  How its feeling now?  That's a great accomplishment!  Now are you ready to do a 1.2 mile swim and a 56 mile bike ride before it?Smile  I hope so!
2010-06-07 8:12 PM
in reply to: #2904591

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
sbright - 2010-06-07 9:08 AM Thanks for the advice.  The intensity of the rehearsals vary, and I've discovered now that we've gotten started that I won't have to dance the full rehearsal at any time.  The biggest problem, of course, is that my legs are just so darn tired - they're tired when I get to rehearsal from running or biking, and then they're tired the next day from dancing! 

My plan is this:  I can push through the dancing on tired/sore legs because I've been doing that for years.  The day following a tough rehearsal, though, I'll schedule swim workouts instead of biking or running, and I'll try to put as much time between the workouts as possible.  Napping will become a scheduled part of my day! 

I like your suggestion, Colin, that the workouts be more intense, but shorter.  I really would like to keep my triathlon goals the same since I am only signed up for one this season and would hate to finish it feeling like I could have worked harder.  My main goal, since it will be my first, is to finish, but I do have some specific time goals set for myself, too.

Yeah, you're definitely in a tough spot here Sarah.  Since dancing is your job, I certainly wouldn't want you to be sore and have not be able to perform during dance.  I guess I would test the waters a bit and see how it goes.  Definitely keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions about it.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Colin Cook's Mentor Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 24