BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Wurkit_Gurl's Group - CLOSED (sssh...we're training) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 29

2009-05-01 2:56 PM
in reply to: #2124297

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA
Subject: RE: Wurkit_Gurl's Group - CLOSED (sssh...we're training)
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-01 12:23 PM

SteveyD - 2009-05-01 3:10 PM oops i've been doing as above

I always called it peach

Yellow means you've written something on a day by the way

siounds like a plan, i aim to get 25 though

Peach, pink, same thing

Yes, yellow is when you log comments but no workouts. Blue is for health stuff but no workouts. Green is for races. There is now a color key under the calendar that tells you what they mean.

it sucks being colorblind.

2009-05-01 2:57 PM
in reply to: #2124417

wplummer - 2009-05-01 3:56 PM
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-01 12:23 PM

SteveyD - 2009-05-01 3:10 PM oops i've been doing as above

I always called it peach

Yellow means you've written something on a day by the way

siounds like a plan, i aim to get 25 though

Peach, pink, same thing

Yes, yellow is when you log comments but no workouts. Blue is for health stuff but no workouts. Green is for races. There is now a color key under the calendar that tells you what they mean.

it sucks being colorblind.

Oh no! Well, then just be sure to log lots of workouts and you'll be set (Though I know you will)

2009-05-02 1:53 PM
in reply to: #2068561

User image

Expert
Cambridge
Argh
major pain in the bum today :
Was cycling back from the shops and the back wheel broke. I think its the axel, but the outer bearing has fallen apart too, all the ball bearings are exposed and falling out.
Time to get round to the bike shop -_-
2009-05-04 8:15 AM

Morning, everyone! How was everyone's weekends? I ran in the pouring rain yesterday - not as enjoyable as I'd hoped it would be. Got to play with the doggies, but parents left earlier than planned because all it did all weekend was rain, so we couldn't go anywhere without the doggies, and we couldn't take them outside to play.

2009-05-04 10:29 AM

Quiet, rainy Monday for everyone?

Today is already May 4th - that means there are only 28 more days (including today) to get that pink/dark pink/green square for the challenge!!

2009-05-04 12:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA
swimming and circuit training this morning. the week is off to a good start.

2009-05-04 12:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Near Lake Tahoe, NV
Hey everybody- hope you all had a good weekend, I had a good time at my race. I was pretty happy with my performance as I beat my time from last year by almost 30 minutes, which is even better than I hoped. I did get into some carnage on the bike and have some battle wounds, but I will survive. I am working on a race report, I will let you know when I post it.

I am excited about the challenge, should be a good motivator.
2009-05-04 12:33 PM
in reply to: #2128722

JJackson07 - 2009-05-04 1:30 PM Hey everybody- hope you all had a good weekend, I had a good time at my race. I was pretty happy with my performance as I beat my time from last year by almost 30 minutes, which is even better than I hoped. I did get into some carnage on the bike and have some battle wounds, but I will survive. I am working on a race report, I will let you know when I post it. I am excited about the challenge, should be a good motivator.

Wow, nice job, James!!! That's a huge improvement! Can't wait to read the RR

2009-05-04 1:57 PM

User image

Hi!!  We had a busy crazy weekend.  My husband and I took the boys 2 hours NW to Rochester to see the Ringling Bos. circus, which was a lot of fun.  So, we did some fun swimming and walking around but that was about it on Fri & Sat.  Sunday I had the 3K race, and I was really happy with how it went.  I was able to keep up with my speed-walk pace, and finish strongly.   And I was 1st in my age group!!!  (okay, somehow, I was the only female who did the 3K that was 25-35!!! )  But, it was a lot of fun!  Then this morning I went to the gym to bike, and at lunch went to the pool & worked on freestyle.  Things seem pretty good.  I'm definitely a bit sore from yesterday's walk, but feel good overall!!

Bring on the May challenge!!!!!  o-Laughing-o   (that's supposed to be me lifting big barbells!!!)
2009-05-04 2:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Near Lake Tahoe, NV
2009-05-04 3:05 PM

User image

Expert
Cambridge
Sigh last few days been write off. Yes i did play  cricket but today i went to the gym only to find it shut, same with the pool (bank holiday :| ) and with no bike plus rain i resorted to Wii Fit. Have eaten badly too last couple of days, am a lil bit stressed as i have my first final tomorrow, and i also have coursework due in tomorrow hwich i havn't done and may have to hand in late and take a 5% hit :|
I will cheer up and it will get better by the end of the week ! honest. lol

Edited by SteveyD 2009-05-04 3:06 PM

2009-05-04 3:06 PM
in reply to: #2129034

kmbhoya2000 - 2009-05-04 2:57 PM Hi!!  We had a busy crazy weekend.  My husband and I took the boys 2 hours NW to Rochester to see the Ringling Bos. circus, which was a lot of fun.  So, we did some fun swimming and walking around but that was about it on Fri & Sat.  Sunday I had the 3K race, and I was really happy with how it went.  I was able to keep up with my speed-walk pace, and finish strongly.   And I was 1st in my age group!!!  (okay, somehow, I was the only female who did the 3K that was 25-35!!! )  But, it was a lot of fun!  Then this morning I went to the gym to bike, and at lunch went to the pool & worked on freestyle.  Things seem pretty good.  I'm definitely a bit sore from yesterday's walk, but feel good overall!!

Bring on the May challenge!!!!!  o-Laughing-o   (that's supposed to be me lifting big barbells!!!)

Nice, congrats on your AG placement Hooray for the May challenge!!

2009-05-04 3:07 PM
in reply to: #2129260

SteveyD - 2009-05-04 4:05 PM Sigh last few days been write off. Yes i did play  cricket but today i went to the gym only to find it shut, same with the pool (bank holiday :| ) and with no bike plus rain i resorted to Wii Fit. Have eaten badly too last couple of days, am a lil bit stressed as i have my first final tomorrow, and i also have coursework due in tomorrow hwich i havn't done and may have to hand in late and take a 5% hit :|

Well, just get through your final and once that's out of the way, you can refocus your energy. It's hard getting stuff done that you don't really NEED to do (like triathlon training) when you have stuff that you HAVE to do (like school and exams).

2009-05-04 3:10 PM
in reply to: #2129269

User image

Expert
Cambridge
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-04 9:07 PM

SteveyD - 2009-05-04 4:05 PM Sigh last few days been write off. Yes i did play  cricket but today i went to the gym only to find it shut, same with the pool (bank holiday :| ) and with no bike plus rain i resorted to Wii Fit. Have eaten badly too last couple of days, am a lil bit stressed as i have my first final tomorrow, and i also have coursework due in tomorrow hwich i havn't done and may have to hand in late and take a 5% hit :|

Well, just get through your final and once that's out of the way, you can refocus your energy. It's hard getting stuff done that you don't really NEED to do (like triathlon training) when you have stuff that you HAVE to do (like school and exams).

I know which i would prefer to be doing though :p
And to be honest, i do NEED to do training, for my own health as well.
Anyway, back to the revision :\
2009-05-04 4:13 PM

User image

Veteran
Near Lake Tahoe, NV
Steve, I can remember the wonderful feeling of end of semester where all of the work is due in a window of two days. I don't miss those days one bit. Just put your head down, you will be through it soon enough.
2009-05-04 4:43 PM
in reply to: #2129507

User image

Regular
Oklahoma City
JJackson07 - 2009-05-04 4:13 PM Steve, I can remember the wonderful feeling of end of semester where all of the work is due in a window of two days. I don't miss those days one bit. Just put your head down, you will be through it soon enough.

X2

I'm so glad to be finished with school. It all came down to a paper and final. You never knew how it'll end up.  Good luck Steve!

2009-05-04 5:41 PM

User image

Great job James!!!  Sorry about your fall, that's something I'm a little nervous about, myself!!!  HOpe everything heals up quick!!

Steve Sorry about all the work, and lack of workouts!!  Good luck!

2009-05-04 7:41 PM
in reply to: #2129578

steph94483 - 2009-05-04 5:43 PM
JJackson07 - 2009-05-04 4:13 PM Steve, I can remember the wonderful feeling of end of semester where all of the work is due in a window of two days. I don't miss those days one bit. Just put your head down, you will be through it soon enough.

X2

I'm so glad to be finished with school. It all came down to a paper and final. You never knew how it'll end up.  Good luck Steve!

x2! I got a Master's Degree, originally with the plan of going on to a PhD program - halfway through my Masters program (2 years), I decided that I was done with school and didn't want another 6-8 years  I am very glad to be done with school!

2009-05-05 7:52 AM

Morning all! Hope some of you got in a workout yesterday! Happy Cinco De Mayo aka another excuse to center a non-important holiday around lots of alcohol

Tip of the day - running shoe companies usually come out with new versions of all of their shoe models every year. If, say, you've been running in the Brooks Adrenaline 6 (I don't know what number Brooks is on for this shoe) and now they've come out with an Adrenaline 7, when it's time to replace your 6's, be sure to double-check the 7 - they may have changed the shoe slightly from the last model to the current. I've been wearing the Mizuno Wave Riders. I started with the "10" model. Then the "11" came out, and I have gone through 2 pairs of those. No real discernible difference between the 10 and the 11. Now I've gotten a pair of the 12s. The sole of the shoe on this model is less built-up than on the 11, i.e. there is a little less cushioning. And the tread on the bottom is slightly different - looks like they're developing this shoe to be a bit faster. Which I like for racing. And I love the shoe because it's so light. But for marathon training I decided to pick up a pair of Brooks, that are a bit more cushioned, so I think I will stick by that decision and use the Mizunos for track work, races and shorter tempo runs.

2009-05-05 8:54 AM

User image

Expert
Cambridge
morning to all from the afternoon !
Just taken bike to be fixed, will have back tmorow hopefully. Going for spin class tonight, and going to try getting for a swim this afternoon before that (workload permitting )
2009-05-05 8:55 AM
in reply to: #2130790

SteveyD - 2009-05-05 9:54 AM morning to all from the afternoon !
Just taken bike to be fixed, will have back tmorow hopefully. Going for spin class tonight, and going to try getting for a swim this afternoon before that (workload permitting )

Cool, enjoy spin class - and hope the instructor is better this time

2009-05-05 12:10 PM
in reply to: #2129969

User image

Regular
Oklahoma City
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-04 7:41 PM

X2

x2! I got a Master's Degree, originally with the plan of going on to a PhD program - halfway through my Masters program (2 years), I decided that I was done with school and didn't want another 6-8 years  I am very glad to be done with school!

Chrissy, I finished my master's last year. I also thought about a PhD, but decided it wouldn't do me any good right now. Currently I'm trying to get my work experience up to the same level as my education.    At really weird times, I actually miss school. But only briefly.
2009-05-05 12:19 PM
in reply to: #2130633

User image

Regular
Oklahoma City
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-05 7:52 AM

Morning all! Hope some of you got in a workout yesterday! Happy Cinco De Mayo aka another excuse to center a non-important holiday around lots of alcohol

Tip of the day - running shoe companies usually come out with new versions of all of their shoe models every year. If, say, you've been running in the Brooks Adrenaline 6 (I don't know what number Brooks is on for this shoe) and now they've come out with an Adrenaline 7, when it's time to replace your 6's, be sure to double-check the 7 - they may have changed the shoe slightly from the last model to the current. I've been wearing the Mizuno Wave Riders. I started with the "10" model. Then the "11" came out, and I have gone through 2 pairs of those. No real discernible difference between the 10 and the 11. Now I've gotten a pair of the 12s. The sole of the shoe on this model is less built-up than on the 11, i.e. there is a little less cushioning. And the tread on the bottom is slightly different - looks like they're developing this shoe to be a bit faster. Which I like for racing. And I love the shoe because it's so light. But for marathon training I decided to pick up a pair of Brooks, that are a bit more cushioned, so I think I will stick by that decision and use the Mizunos for track work, races and shorter tempo runs.

I know there are guidelines on how frequently you should get new shoes, but how can you tell that shoe needs to be replaced. I have no idea how many "miles" I've put on my running shoes, and they don't look like they're breaking down. Are they any physical signs that shoes should be replaced?
2009-05-05 12:19 PM
in reply to: #2131487

steph94483 - 2009-05-05 1:10 PM
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-04 7:41 PM

X2

Chrissy, I finished my master's last year. I also thought about a PhD, but decided it wouldn't do me any good right now. Currently I'm trying to get my work experience up to the same level as my education.    At really weird times, I actually miss school. But only briefly.

Yeah, I decided I didn't want to be a professor, and it's not like a PhD in anything artsy-fartsy is going to get me a better job elsewhere, so it wasn't worth making $20K a year until I'm well over 30.

2009-05-05 12:25 PM
in reply to: #2131518

steph94483 - 2009-05-05 1:19 PM
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-05 7:52 AM

I know there are guidelines on how frequently you should get new shoes, but how can you tell that shoe needs to be replaced. I have no idea how many "miles" I've put on my running shoes, and they don't look like they're breaking down. Are they any physical signs that shoes should be replaced?

You should definitely keep track - the general guidelines are anywhere from 300 to 500 miles depending on various things - how big you are, any biomechanical issues you might have that would cause extra wear on the shoes, etc. I replace mine every 300. If you've had them for a long time and your knees start to bother you, and they haven't been, or you start getting any other weird aches and pains, it MAY just be that you need new shoes. I would recommend keeping track of the mileage.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Wurkit_Gurl's Group - CLOSED (sssh...we're training) Rss Feed  

of 29